Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)

Benstamania

Go away.
Reaction score
Picked this up today and while I'm only about an hour or two into the game I would say this is another reason to own a DS. The amazing thing about it is I don't feel like I'm playing Metroid on a hand held, I feel like I'm playing it on the Cube.

Now, obviously it doesn't LOOK as good as it does on the Cube (still looks pretty darn good though) it plays just like it...with a few additions via DS stylus of course. I thought the control would be...weird and at first it was a little different but in no time it's as if you've been playing this game for years.

Wi-Fi also looks extremely cool as you can battle several friends as different bounty hunters. Seriously the best DS online experience yet.

IGN Review:

10 Presentation
Absolutely through the roof. This is current generation console quality game design with tons of attention to detail in options, menus, and storytelling.

9.5 Graphics
Easily some of the best 3D seen on the Nintendo DS yet. The developers push the hardware to its limits...maybe just a tad too much as there are bouts of slowdown in more intense rooms.

9.5 Sound
Fantastic audio recreation of the Metroid Prime universe on the little handheld, reproducing all the haunting effects and music that the GameCube series introduced.

8.5 Gameplay
The game is tailored to the hardcore FPS fan, and on the Nintendo DS it's got a high learning curve in terms of control. Learn it, and you can kick serious ass in single and multiplayer.

10 Lasting Appeal
Single cart and multi cart local network play, and currently the beefiest online experiences on the DS, period.

Outstanding OVERALL

yeah, i gotta say, i picked this up thinking it would be good, but its awesome. the stylist got gettin used to but im gettin better n better at it. and the graphics are top notch. but man, some of you guys on the wi-fi are good, like way to good, haha.

but honestly, if you have a ds. get this game asap. if you dont have a ds, get one asap then get this, mario kart, and tetris ds. then soon to come new super mario bros.

The idea of having a first person shooter on the DS makes me hesitant to pick this up.. :o

go to a store that has a ds on desplay to play. most of them now either have the game in it to play or the video.......once you start to play it, youll like it, trust me.

iambilly81 said:
go to a store that has a ds on desplay to play. most of them now either have the game in it to play or the video.......once you start to play it, youll like it, trust me.

Yeah, I will probably pick it up. But after the new Super Mario Bros. and Mega-man.

XwolverineX said:
The idea of having a first person shooter on the DS makes me hesitant to pick this up.. :o
Thats kinda funny considering every developer, including Nintendo said FPS work great on DS... it feels very similar to keyboard and mouse set up.

Oddly enough though, there isn't many FPS on DS. Metroid surely will spark something though.

XwolverineX said:

I played multiplayer with my friend, the controls are pretty solid. I would get it if I got into Metroid Prime on gamecube.

That's the reason I ain't really excited for Hunters. I never got into the first or second game. They always felt like work for me. :o

Just got this for Easter. Can't wait to start it.

oh snap.

and i remember back when i was tha age gettin games for easter. now kids get xbox 360 and all kinds of stuff like its xmas.

XwolverineX said:
Sure thing. :up:

Glad to hear it. :up:

And on topic, this game kicks ass. I just raped some 3rd rank people on Wi-fi, and I've beaten the first mission/planet.

ive been on the wi-fi so much, i barely got any levels done

Get back to adventure mode.It gets harder but very enjoyable.Ive played at least over a dozen wi-fi matches.I got handled alot but I managed to steal first place from a guy who was trying to fight someone else and at the last second.I beat someone yesterday with Trace and Noxus.I love this game as this is my first online-gaming experience.

yeah,online game play on that is awsome, what hunter do you guys usually use? all of them have good things and bad things about them.

I use Samus.

I've only unlocked Weavel though, but I like Samus the best out of the first four.

I like to use Trace because his affinity weapon.the imperialist is very powerful.It instantly kills anyone if used as a headshot.Noxus is great too because both his regular form and alternate forms are powerful.If you have the judicator equipped charge it up and release when your opponent is close and let em have it as they are frozen solid.

Sweet... Its even better on the DS Lite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"