Dark of the Moon Michael Bay Promises Fewer Robots In Transformers 3

Childish Humor at an attempt to connect with a younger audience + Explosions + Bad Character Development = TF1, TF2, TF3

Its sad but this mentality should have been implimented in the FIRST film. Now that he has seen the lashings of actual fans of the cartoons and characters he feels he can say "oh wait guys, I can still fix it I promise!"

His views on the Robots will never change and I am very doubtful of the outcome of the 3rd movie.

Or maybe Im wrong and he blows us out of the water and redefines himself as a Director/Producer......Or maybe reality sets in and he drops TF3.

GO THOR, CAP, and AVENGERS!

Yet somehow Bay's movies seem to work. I'm sorry but clearly the audience enjoys his films if they do this well. Name alone rarely draws that much Box Office. The thing about being a director is seeing what does and doesn't work while still enjoying your work and not just catering to the viewers(but again Bay seems to give what the people want).

Bay is not going to stop making films the way he does until

PEOPLE STOP WATCHING HIS FILMS.

It's the explosion and big fights that can attract the simplest mind that's attracted to violence. (also Megan Fox can be a reason for attracting a particular target audience) Let's face it, Michael Bay's has came up with a plan of being half-lazy and just allowing some one to write the script and he won't stop them. -_-

It's the explosion and big fights that can attract the simplest mind that's attracted to violence. (also Megan Fox can be a reason for attracting a particular target audience) Let's face it, Michael Bay's has came up with a plan of being half-lazy and just allowing some one to write the script and he won't stop them. -_-

Simple minded?

You can't even spell 'poisoned'. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I don't care what people say about ROTF, I'm a die hard TF fan since the 80's and I loved it, the plot (yes there was one) was easy to follow, the twins weren't that bad as critics made them out to be (Jar Jar Binks is worse), I don't think the humans dominated too much of the film there was an equal balance between the two.

People are making it out like TFROTF is the worst piece of cinematic experience when I can cite other movies that are really bad.

I'm not a fan of all of Michael Bay's films but he's done a decent job with TF and eagerly await for TF3.

Michael Bay needs to introduce the robots better....

You know, I watched RotF last night..I only had watched it previously in theatres.

All I can say is, that I love it this time around. It IS a mindless action flick...

and i mean after watching the cartoon..there really isn't much difference...there is tons of robots that never get introduced really in the show that well.

It really isn't that deep...

(I don't know how it is like in comics and I guess that could bring an argument in)

But realistically..it was transformers to me, just jazzed up a lot more..well, minus Jazz.

I really enjoyed it for what it was...cool action scenes if I want character development I'll go watch Batman..for transformers I don't mind it the way it was.

Although I thought Transformers and its sequel weren't that good, I really enjoyed Bad Boys I&II and The Island.

they need extras in LA, im thinking about goin in lol

I don't care what people say about ROTF, I'm a die hard TF fan since the 80's and I loved it, the plot (yes there was one) was easy to follow, the twins weren't that bad as critics made them out to be (Jar Jar Binks is worse), I don't think the humans dominated too much of the film there was an equal balance between the two.

People are making it out like TFROTF is the worst piece of cinematic experience when I can cite other movies that are really bad.

I'm not a fan of all of Michael Bay's films but he's done a decent job with TF and eagerly await for TF3.

I agree, tho I wasn't a fan of the twins in ROTF in the least.

I've been a fan of TF since G1, and I enjoyed both movies. I went in expecting a good popcorn flick, and I got it. I never expected it to be a masterpiece of cinema. Were there things I would have like to have seen added, or different? Sure, but that doesn't mean the experience was ruined just because it didn't follow my image of how a Transformers movie should be. Then again I seem to disagree with a lot Hype members (even if I'm not vocal with it) on what an enjoyable movie is. I'm not typically a fan of mindless Hollywood CGI fests, but I enjoyed the Spiderman movies, Wolverine, Watchmen, the Matrix trilogy,and Transformers, yet according to many on the Hype they were the biggest failures of all time despite their sales. Even tho I agree all of those movies could have been better, they were still fun movies to watch. Then at the same time I didn't think TDK and Avatar were the greatest movies of all time like so many here did.

A lot of TF fans get stubborn when it comes to these movies (same with any fandom I guess really). Where certain things are untouchable. Like the complaints of Prime having flames, Bumblebee not having horns, and so on. Yet everyone seems to forget that G1 isn't the only version of TF's. There has been G1, 3 or so unreleased in America Japanese G1 cartoon's (Headmasters, Victory, and Masterforce or something like that), the Beastwars ones (including the anime Neo versions), RID, the Unicron "trilogy", Animated, comics, games, and so on. In each one we've seen popular characters get completely reimagined in form, transformation, and personality. Yet only with the movies is this considered a game breaking disaster for some reason.

On top of that, everyone seems to attack it as if all Transformer series were great novels, and only the movies could be shallow. Gotta tell ya, as much as I loved the G1 cartoon...it wasn't the deepest of series. Sure, it had a great setting, characters, mythos, and it did from time to time give good stories. However it also gave us a bumbling apron wearing Grimlock, Transformers pretending to be knights in a kids dream, a planet with a brain that's basically a big psychologist, a robot who falls in love with a human and shows it by opening his chest panel and a LED heart shape showing, and so on, and so on. The Transformer series have been chocked full of shallow moments, and a lot of episodes were very action heavy and explosion filled. Yet it was still a great series, and very enjoyable to watch despite it's hiccups.

While I agree that the movies could be improved (character personalities, story, robot designs), that at the same time does not mean the movie is unwatchable. Dragonball was unwatchable. That Will Ferral Land before Time was unwatchable. Transformers is more light on story than a Star Wars, but it's also a flashy, fun, enjoyable movie. If you go into it looking for things to nitpick on you probably won't enjoy it no matter how good or bad it actually was. I see ppl listing problems I didn't even notice in the films like, "1 hour 37 minutes and 24 seconds in there was a graphical glitch where character x was missing a finger!". It's like ppl take a notepad into the theatre with them with movies like Transformers, or Wolverine just to look for things they don't like so they can bash it.

Edit - Reread and it did seem kinda harsh. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not liking it. Like I said, I feel some things could have been improved on as well. I guess it just bothers me when certain movies are targeted before they even get released as being THE movie to hate on. Movies like Transformers seem to be a place for haters to gravitate to. Despite a lot of ppl actually liking it, you'd never believe it was even watchable without inducing vomiting if you read online opinions.

Last edited:
WHY DOES HE CARE?

Transformers: ROTF was one of the highest grossing movies of all time!
Money! Money! Money! Who the **** cares about plot and drama anymore? What are you 80 years old? Boobs, explosions and exploding boobs.... YAHOOO!!

Michael Bay cares because despite what anyone says he cares what the critics say. Bay wants to be like James Cameron basically. Pearl Harbor was supposed to be like his SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. He basically admitted that he was disappointed he was forced into going back to stuff like Bad Boys 2 afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"