Transformers Michael Bays Says No to Transformers 2?

Please direct me to the thread regarding how G1 comics and tv series got completely ignored on the dvd extra features.

Well Bay has openly stated how much he hated the G1 cartoon and comic, so there's no suprise there.

In all fairness the G1 cartoons are pretty hokey by the modern adult's standards.

But, the choppy editing IS him. He practically perfected the style (he didn't invent it since its long been known as a hackneyed technique for commercials way before Bay). The editing is done ON PURPOSE (as a way to elicit contrived artificial emotion from the audience). Without the choppy editing, all you have is a Rolland Emmerich movie.

I would agree that as long Bay is at the helm, the editing will be choppy. Still, I hope he has enough sense to cut back on that a little if he directs TF2.

In all fairness the G1 cartoons are pretty hokey by the modern adult's standards.

aw c'mon dude.

even if you want to ignore the interesting cartoon episodes at least acknowledge the G1 comics had some ideas/stories that were far more thought-provoking and sophisticated than Bay's popcorn/gummybear version.

aw c'mon dude.

even if you want to ignore the interesting cartoon episodes at least acknowledge the G1 comics had some ideas/stories that were far more thought-provoking and sophisticated than Bay's popcorn/gummybear version.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"