Michael Douglas is Hank Pym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not what I expected or hoped for but nonetheless color me intrigued. With Edgar Wright, Paul Rudd and now Michael Douglas this movie is probably going to be amazing.

Wright has been quite clear from the beginning with his intention of doing "To Steal an Ant-Man" with an older Pym. Comic purists will call foul; I say it sounds incredibly interesting and cool.

Exactly it was really no surprise. I dig it, love it. Excited as hell.

well hey, Douglas goes for younger women in real life, so why not in the film too??
probably because Douglas looks older than he really is. Hell, he looks older than his own father sometimes. To couple him with an 20something, unless she's a young Anna Nicole Smith, is probably not realistic.
Even Zeta-Jones had to agree and magically transformed from hot sexy girl to midfifties woman practically over night just to suit her new husband

Dislike the idea that Pym won't be THE ant-man. Douglas is great but kinda sad to see him get this part.

RIDICULOUS!
As much as i like Douglas, to make Hank Pym 69 year old guy is pointless and moronic.

Of course that some people will like it because they are more interested in the idea of legendary actors in Marvel movies than an actually good portrait of the characters.

Wow. Marvel is really pulling in some big names for even somewhat smaller roles than their names typically command.

I think, comic book accuracy or not, that this film is building a great foundation. It might be a sleeper hit in 2015.

I still remember a time where everyone hated all comic book movies because they weren't equal to the comic to the smallest details.
Now, everyone loves everything as long it has Marvel in it.

Both are pathetic!

isildur´s heir;27644333 said:
ridiculous!
As much as i like douglas, to make hank pym 69 year old guy is pointless and moronic.

Of course that some people will like it because they are more interested in the idea of legendary actors in marvel movies than an actually good portrait of the characters.

this!!!!!!

If someone told me 3 months ago that Michael Douglas was going to be cast as Hank Pym, I would have laughed out loud.

I think, comic book accuracy or not, that this film is building a great foundation. It might be a sleeper hit in 2015.

I'm definitely getting excited. It's a fresh format and unique character...I think this movie is going to do real well, especially when it rides off of Avengers' success.

Isildur´s Heir;27644383 said:
I still remember a time where everyone hated all comic book movies because they weren't equal to the comic to the smallest details.

Both are pathetic!

Everyone? I'm neither. :)

I'm sure I'll end up liking it, but I too wanted a young Hank Pym. Since I was never really big into Ant-Man, I'm not really bothered by it. There's also the opportunity for a lot of flashbacks too. Who would be good to play a young Hank Pym?

At this point I'm not sure I'll see this opening day.
Ask me in a year.

Isildur´s Heir;27644383 said:

Both are pathetic!

Really? Can't we just like something because we genuinely like it, even if you don't?

This wasn't at all what I was expecting, but dissing casting Douglas as a major character in an Edgar Wright Marvel movie sight unseen is a little premature.

This movie has so much promise. We've been asking Marvel to take risks with their characters. Now they are and it's still not enough for some... They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they were going to go that old with the character,they should've gave Tom Hanks the part.Now,who can he play?:oldrazz:

I just find it funny how nobody on the internet gave a s**t about Ant-Man for, like, oh 40 years or so

and then as soon as this news comes in it's all "How dare they bastardize such a beloved character!! Marvel's done!!! Wright's a hack!!!"

lol, I love the internet

I just find it funny how nobody on the internet gave a s**t about Ant-Man for, like, oh 40 years or so

and then as soon as this news comes in it's all "How dare they bastardize such a beloved character!! Marvel's done!!! Wright's a hack!!!"

lol, I love the internet

It was even funnier when that happened with Mandarin.

Well this certainly comes as a surprise to me. So, our young Ant-Man is Scott Lang then. I can dig it.

Two thoughts come to mind.
1. I'm a little dissapointed that Hank Pym is going to be old.
2. I'm extremely excited to see how this plays out. Michael Douglas is such a great actor!

This movie is definitely jumping up my most anticipated!

lol, I love the internet

What makes you think nobody cared?
Of course they're speaking out now, because it's taken an insane amount of time to get this production to even start, and even more to get any official casting, with actual character names. Why comment on something until there's something to comment about?
Also, I'm not going to bother checking other sites but here on the hype the Ant-Man forum has had a fare share of activity for a long time.

I've only ever seen outrage about The Mandarin on the boards. General audience seemed to have zero problem with it.

Although the Hank Pym casting is totally out of left field, I love Wright and Cornish and will probably follow them into the pits of comic book fandom hell, so I'm super down to see how they pull this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"