MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

When I first heard the Keaton news, my initial thought was it was just going to be a glorified cameo. Now with the possibility that he could be appearing in multiple films going forward, I'm starting to really believe they could be inserting him to be the DCEU's Batman going forward, albeit in a more reserved mentor-like role.

I think once we can say for certain whether Reeves' Batman is a part of the DCEU, or its own thing, we'll be able to get a better picture of things.

I'm looking forward to the senior Batman (Batkeaton? Keatman? Batchael? Batton?) fanart.

I hear that. I'm already intrigued about what his new batsuit(s) is/are going to look like.

I hear that. I'm already intrigued about what his new batsuit(s) is/are going to look like.
I have a feeling that it’ll be very tech heavy.
I’d love to see an upgraded version of the returns suit.
Maybe a mix of it and the Batman beyond suit.

So I think this is a smart move. On so many levels.

Keaton is a great actor and at his age, he will put in a solid performance - he gets it right, he has 2/3 golden movies to see him out on a high.

Nostalgia - when he starts up THE batmobile.... it will be spine tingling... we thought it was cool seeing echo 1... that will look like small fry in comparison.

He is a very popular, marketable Batman, his Bruce Wayne will be a lot of fun, too. Especially with Selina Kyle.

So, we have a flash movie, that retcon's the DCEU in a way that it keeps everything the same, yet replaces Batman and gives us something we can enjoy, guilty pleasure.

So my take. DCEU is as it is - but Barry and Victor work out the possibilities of the multiverse - which presents Barry with a scenario - to see another version of his mother, to save another version of his mother - save multiple versions, what does he do?
Also, can the director pull something unique off, in regards to something Nolan/inception/tennet esq?

Does time start evolving and changing around him? Or does it change once he returns?

I am not sure how they do it... but if they can, it's going to be awesome.

Of all the complaints about Affleck’s tenure, I don’t think I ever saw anything about him being too old.

I mean, obviously they went younger with the reboot, but that’s not really the same thing.

If anything, this would fulfill the promise of an old Batman better than the Snyder/Affleck stuff ever did. They took a lot of cues from The Dark Knight Returns with those movies, but Affleck was... what? 42, 43 when BVS was filmed?

We just might see this beauty back on screen
tumblr_pd0wn7kuqN1rrkahjo5_500.gif

Additionally, according to The Wrap, the story of the film will see Miller's Flash go back in time to save his mother and create an alternate universe in which Keaton's Batman has been operating, finding him 30 years after the events of Returns.
:db: :db: :db: I must not get too excited... I must not get too excited... I must not get too excited... *breathe*... I must not get too excited...

Of all the complaints about Affleck’s tenure, I don’t think I ever saw anything about him being too old.

I mean, obviously they went younger with the reboot, but that’s not really the same thing.

There were some comments about kicking off a cinematic universe with a Batman already middle-aged was a bit odd, but I'm just amused that the Snyder bros have something new to get salty about:hehe:

We just might see this beauty back on screen
tumblr_pd0wn7kuqN1rrkahjo5_500.gif
Not just that, but potentially seeing the Burtonverse's Gotham again has me shirtting bricks. I would hope it takes it cues more from the Gotham seen in Batman '89, as opposed to the (still great but less so) design in Batman Returns.

Of course, if this happens it brings a huge dilemma. Where do I put it on my DVD shelf? In with the other DCEU movies, or next to Batman Returns (nudging Batman Forever out of the way) as the long-awaited Keaton sequel to that? :dry: I'll wager that's never even crossed the producers minds.

Of course, if this happens it brings a huge dilemma. Where do I put it on my DVD shelf? In with the other DCEU movies, or next to Batman Returns (nudging Batman Forever out of the way) as the long-awaited Keaton sequel to that? :dry: I'll wager that's never even crossed the producers minds.

That's why you have to buy two copies and put it in both places. That's their ploy. That's how they get you.

Yeah I mean you don't want to veer too far off of the '89/Returns suits (if at all). The whole drive behind this is nostalgia. Changing the defining features of his version of the character too much would kind of defeat the whole purpose.

It'd be funny if they trapped him in this deal and then just forced the bat nipples onto him. He thought he could escape that indignity but NO! And that would be Schumacher's final victory from beyond the grave. :twisted: Finally getting Keaton to wear the bat nipples.

I was kinda hoping that Flashpoint would allow the current Revees reboot to become the Batman in the new DCEU. Hoping that's still the case!

I prefer older to the constant going bck to the beginning over and over (that being said I'm looking forward to Reeves' movie, if anything for the calibre of the cast which really won me over)

Keaton is MY Batman so it would be amazing to have hm back in anything, but reintroducing him through the Flash is very interesting. Hopefully it leads to Beyond?

To return the favour it would be nice for Grant to cameo as the Flash as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"