MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

I was kinda hoping that Flashpoint would allow the current Revees reboot to become the Batman in the new DCEU. Hoping that's still the case!

My understanding is Keaton's Batman will be the new DCEU Batman moving forward with a "Nick Fury" type mentor role over multiple future films. Reeves and Pattinson's Batman will be a TOTALLY separate Trilogy and won't be connected at all, kind of like Joker.

The only way Pattinson makes his way into "Flashpoint" is only if Reeves okays it. WB doesn't want to scare away the moneymakers.

****, if we’re going back to the nostalgia well, call up Brandon Routh, tell us his Superman aged slowly, and let him be Keaton’s contemporary and the “new” Superman of the DCEU. :o

Brandon who? I've been waiting years to see the real Superman.

lUJ9T3g.jpg

Keaton isn't my favorite Batman but damn this is cool. I can't wait to see some weirdo Burtonverse stuff again. Just don't do more TDKR stuff for the love of God, we've had plenty of that.

Keaton's my second favourite Batman and my favourite Bruce Wayne. Batman Returns pretty much ties with The Dark Knight as my favourite Batman movie. I soooo hope this happens.

I can’t believe this is even being discussed. I am so beyond happy. I really hope the deal works out.

Hopefully they’ll also bring back Michelle Pfeiffer. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Andy Muschietti replaced with Tim Burton in the director’s chair. Let’s get nuts! Burton may be washed up but maybe this’ll be the kick in the butt he needs to bring back the magic he had in the 80s and 90s when he was a visionary.

Hopefully they’ll also bring back Michelle Pfeiffer. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Andy Muschietti replaced with Tim Burton in the director’s chair. Let’s get nuts! Burton may be washed up but maybe this’ll be the kick in the butt he needs to bring back the magic he had in the 80s and 90s when he was a visionary.
Has there been any talk of him maybe coming onboard in some producing capacity or other?

Pfeiffer is a must! If both of them come back, that will just be the greatest comic movie news ever, IMO

If Linda Hamilton can do it... (and Pfeiffer's looking a darned sight better than Hamilton, imo)

Hoping this will be part of a "Batman Beyond" arc. Maybe it will be "Batgirl Beyond".

My understanding is Keaton's Batman will be the new DCEU Batman moving forward with a "Nick Fury" type mentor role over multiple future films. Reeves and Pattinson's Batman will be a TOTALLY separate Trilogy and won't be connected at all, kind of like Joker.
Do you think he will wear the Batsuit?

I was kinda hoping that Flashpoint would allow the current Revees reboot to become the Batman in the new DCEU. Hoping that's still the case!
If it all turns out to be a big success I think that opens doors. Even if Reeves wants to have everything self contained, the actors will likely still be young by the time a trilogy is finished and could come back if they wanted.

It'd be funny if after all this time Ezra Miller's Flash/Barry Allen became the cornerstone of the DCEU, what with his having crossed over with the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths, and now (if this all works out) causing a Flashpoint that brings back Michael Keaton's Batman. It'd certainly be a turnaround after all the uncertainty about the Flash solo. Just a thought though; if the Flashpoint gives us Keaton's Batman 30 years on, would that rule out the Joker making an appearance?

Jack Nicholson is retired, unfortunately. I don’t think he’s been in a movie since The Departed in 2007.

It'll never happen, but it'd be a dream to see Keaton somehow face off against Phoenix's Joker.
That could have been something. I would have liked any avenue to use Joaquin again, although I guess he might not want that.

That's what I'm afraid of. Personally I've no interest in having a Bruce Wayne who is much older than his superhero counterparts, I'd much rather the end result of all this being that Revees's Batman is merged into the new continuity going forward.

For the record, I have no problem with Keaton reprising his role in this film. It would be fun to revisit the Burtonverse after all these years. As long as the new continuity and the Burtonverse go their separate ways after this I'm happy.

Jack Nicholson is retired, unfortunately. I don’t think he’s been in a movie since The Departed in 2007.
One thing that is obviously impossible but I really would have liked to see is for The Jokers to cross paths somehow, especially Nicholson and Ledger. I would have loved to see how they react to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"