Mickey Rourke reunites with dir. Walter Hill for 'St. Vincent'

biolumen

The End
Reaction score
They made Johnny Handsome together, one of my favorites from both of them, so this looks good to me. It's interesting that Rourke isn't trying to parlay his recent acting accolades into bigger career opportunities. I commend him for following his heart rather than his pocketbook.

Mickey Rourke to star in 'St. Vincent'
Walter Hill directing indie film about hit man

By DAVE MCNARY

Oscar nominee Mickey Rourke will star in indie action-thriller "St. Vincent," directed by Walter Hill for Occpuant Films and Secret Handshake Entertainment.

Production's slated to begin later this year. Keith Calder, Joe Neurauter and Felipe Marino of Occupant and Dena Hysell and Joe Gressis of Secret Handshake will produce the film.

"St. Vincent," scripted by Cameron Young, centers on a hit man returning to his former New York City neighborhood to finish off the botched killing of an informant. He's then forced to masquerade as a priest and finds himself taking the confessions of his target.

Rourke and Hill worked together on 1989's "Johnny Handsome."

International rights are being sold by Stuart Ford's IM Global with North American rights handled by ICM, which reps Rourke and Hill.

Occupant's most recent film was "The Wackness." Secret Handshake's in pre-production on "A Little Help," directed by Michael J. Weithorn and starring Jenna Fischer and Chris O'Donnell.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117999737.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

Sounds cool. I haven't seen "Johnny Handsome" yet, but "The Driver" and "Last Man Standing" are two solid films by Walter Hill.

Johnny Handsome was a pretty cool screwed over thief returns for revenge flick. I'm happy that Rourke is staying true to smaller genre pictures, that's where he shines.

I just want him to play Marv again in Sin City 2.

Cool premise, Hill is a good hard action director and I'm loving the Rourke comeback.

Sounds cool. Like something Cagney or Bogart could have been involved in. I'm also loving the Rourke comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"