Megan Fox will be Mickey Rourke's angel

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.riskybusinessblog.com/2009/04/megan-fox-in-new-movie-with-mickey-rourke.html

Can Megan Fox save Mickey Rourke?The "Transformers" actress is attached to play an angel opposite Rourke in “Passion Plays,” an indie drama that Mitch Glazer is writing and directing.

Here's the skinny on the project: Rourke will play a down-on-his-heels trumpet player and Fox will play an angel in 1950's Los Angeles, with Rourke finding redemption in Fox after he attempts to save her from a gangster. Those familiar with the project describe it as a dramatic but heartwarming tale.

Fox's character is described, in part, as as a slender beauty with wings who is part of a carnival.

Glazer, if you're not familiar, is the screenwriter behind the Al Pacino CIA tale “The Recruit” and the Bill Murray comedy “Scrooged” who will be making his directorial debut with “Plays;” like Rourke and Fox, he's repped by ICM. Laura Bickford, producer of ambitious dramas like "Traffic" and "Che," is producing.

Fox, who recently followed her agents from Gersh, has landed a spate of projects of late, signing on for the Warners western “Jonah Hex” and the Fox Atomic underwater actioner “Fathom.”

But “Plays” would mark a further evolution in her career; the actress, who burst onto the scene as the female lead in “Transformers” two years ago and appears in the sequel this summer (she'll also appear, of course, in Diablo Cody's upcoming supernatural tale "Jennifer's Body") had not previously signed on for a drama.

Rourke has taken on a series of roles since reviving his career as Randy the Ram in "The Wrestler.", signing on as a hit man in the Walter Hill action pic “St. Vincent” and as a villain in Marvel’s “Iron Man 2.” But this is first post-Wrestler drama.

Of course, in that pic he also played a down on his luck guy who found salvation in a woman that was played by an emerging young actress (Evan Rachel Wood). Here's hoping they work the same kind of magic here.

Love the sound of this. :up:

I'm feelin' dopey here, so someone clarify. Is she playing an actual angel? The descriptions are tripping me off. :funny:

In any case, hopefully this'll show off her acting chops, if she has any.

She can be my angel. :heart:

Hell, she can be my devil. :up:

Wow,m she really is busy these days now.

And all thanks to Transformers.

I really like the choices Megan has made since TF, sure they may not all pan out but it's better than doing a bunch of rom coms, this role in particular could be a huge step for her, and it sounds like another killer role for Rourke.

I really like the choices Megan has made since TF, sure they may not all pan out but it's better than doing a bunch of rom coms, this role in particular could be a huge step for her, and it sounds like another killer role for Rourke.

Agreed.

This movie is definitely on my radar.

i think we need to put some pics of megan fox on here...just so that people know who she is :p

Ugh, Megan Fox is a really bad "actress". :down:down

Ugh, Megan Fox is a really bad "actress". :down:down

And you ascertained this from Transformers ? a role where she was asked to be spunky and likable and delivered both, a script that was not exactly designed to showcase acting talent ? seriously, the girl has barely had a chance and is trashed based off one movie b/c she is hot and very sexualized i.e "****ty" in the eyes of some people....mainly girls....

And you ascertained this from Transformers ? a role where she was asked to be spunky and likable and delivered both, a script that was not exactly designed to showcase acting talent ? seriously, the girl has barely had a chance and is trashed based off one movie b/c she is hot and very sexualized i.e "****ty" in the eyes of some people....mainly girls....

Too true.

I want to see in her more films before I judge her. Not to mention some of her dialogue in Transformers, especially the earlier scenes was pretty crappy so I don't fully blame her on the delivery.

I think this film is a great role for her to hopefully test her acting ability. Fox + Rourke...I'll be there opening day...unless the trailer looks like crap. :woot:

You are a smart guy Hunter, you shouldn't assume that the critism of Fox is because girls are jealous of her.

I know you put "some" but it annoys me when people on here assume that alot of people who aren't fans of Fox, who feel that she has no real acting talent, are some how jealous and feel that she is a ****. Am I a fan of that oversexed image of hers? No, but I don't say that her acting is subpar because of that.

The truth is I wouldn't go as far as MP right now because I have only seen her in that fun but bad Transformers movie, (we agree on that) but I don't understand why you don't level an equal amount of criticism at the people who falsely assert that she has proven her acting chops because they think that she is hawt? It's alright to like her in Transformers but that role hasn't in anyway proven her acting abillity in any way shape or form.

Personally I didn't think that she was terrible but she was rather bland to me and not all that likable or spunky. Thats just my opinion though.

To get back on topic:

This movie sounds like a good project to see if she is worth anything as far as acting goes. I certainly hope that she is.

eh, I know many guys who think the same way I do about her. :o

And yes, her public image is of a very "****ty" girl, not that she necessarily is in her private life, but you know, perceptions... But that's how she sells herself on magazines, etc. And no, I don't think she was particularly spunky (more like annoying) or 'likable' in Transformers. I guess she was........ mainly to the young male crowd.

Good post, Spidey.

woah.. cheap shot? who's taking HR place? impostor! :hehe:

You are a smart guy Hunter, you shouldn't assume that the critism of Fox is because girls are jealous of her.

I know you put "some" but it annoys me when people on here assume that alot of people who aren't fans of Fox, who feel that she has no real acting talent, are some how jealous and feel that she is a ****. Am I a fan of that oversexed image of hers? No, but I don't say that her acting is subpar because of that.

I didn't assume anything, I simply said the truth that a bunch of girls hate on her in very catty fashion b/c she is so lusted after by guys, the same way a bunch of immature guys still hate Leo b/c he was a pretty boy heartthrob when he was younger. It's impossible to have this discussion without those facts being made up front.

I don't see how anyone who calls themselves rational can say she is a bad actress or a good actress, it makes no logical sense to make either statement.

The truth is I wouldn't go as far as MP right now because I have only seen her in that fun but bad Transformers movie, (we agree on that) but I don't understand why you don't level an equal amount of criticism at the people who falsely assert that she has proven her acting chops because they think that she is hawt? It's alright to like her in Transformers but that role hasn't in anyway proven her acting abillity in any way shape or form.

You and MP agree on Transformers ? b/c judging from your post you and I do not. Show me where anyone thinks she is a good actress ? Ive not seen one post say anything other than "She is hawt" so if those ppl exsisted I'd address them but right now they don't, there are two types, those that think she can't act based off one role or jealousy, and those that think she is sexy as hell but have no interest in her acting.

Personally I didn't think that she was terrible but she was rather bland to me and not all that likable or spunky. Thats just my opinion though.

That's fair enough, personally I think the roles are so underwritten that it was one of the better female roles in these types of movies.

eh, I know many guys who think the same way I do about her. :o

And yes, her public image is of a very "****ty" girl, not that she necessarily is in her private life, but you know, perceptions... But that's how she sells herself on magazines, etc. And no, I don't think she was particularly spunky (more like annoying) or 'likable' in Transformers. I guess she was........ mainly to the young male crowd.

Good post, Spidey.

Meh, Ive heard that before, "My uncles dog thinks so to" lets stick to who we can verify which is ourselves.

No the image is only "****ty" in the minds of those that think liking sex and dressing sexy with tats makes a girl ****ty, I don't think everyone shares that view, I can bring at least two girls from this forum into this thread to back that up. I'm not a young male, but hey I thought Shia did great as well and it's cool to hate him too. You think Brandon Routh is a great actor right ? the same principle applies to him.

[A];16698385 said:
woah.. cheap shot? who's taking HR place? impostor! :hehe:

I didn't think it was a cheap shot though b/c there is a large portion of truth and I said *Mostly* :cwink:

No the image is only "****ty" in the minds of those that think liking sex and dressing sexy with tats makes a girl ****ty, I don't think everyone shares that view, I can bring at least two girls from this forum into this thread to back that up. I'm not a young male, but hey I thought Shia did great as well and it's cool to hate him too. You think Brandon Routh is a great actor right ? the same principle applies to him.

Also known as prudes(except for the tattoo factor). :hehe:

Although I certainly don't think that MP is hating on her for jealously reasons, I can only speak for myself. I'm not a catty person at all, I don't hate on women because they are pretty to most people. Hell, I go in the hot girl thread to look at pictures of Keira Knightly, Kristen Bell and Hayden P. I have no trouble what-so-ever calling girls hot. I'm 100% hetro but I know a hot chick when I see one. I'm just trying to get across that I'm not leary of Megan Fox because of her somewhat fakey good looks, I'm leary of her because I suspect that she isn't a good actress and if that suspision pans out, I hope she doesn't make it into a movie that I am looking forward too. Thats all it is to me. And yeah I am protesting a lil too much but you can be sure that I am telling the truth.:p

And sorry buddy but I have to disagree with you on the writing of the female lead of Transformers. Disagree big time.

I have no trouble what-so-ever calling girls hot. I'm 100% hetro but I know a hot chick when I see one. I'm just trying to get across that I'm not leary of Megan Fox because of her somewhat fakey good looks, I'm leary of her because I suspect that she isn't a good actress and if that suspision pans out, I hope she doesn't make it into a movie that I am looking forward too. Thats all it is to me. And yeah I am protesting a lil too much but yo

I don't get what you mean by fakey good looks.

I think she is a natural beauty(not sure about her boobs though, never looked into if she got a job done or not, didn't care enough really). One of the few females I've seen look that "Hollywood" or "model" hot and doesn't always wear makeup. She actually looks better without it, which a lot of girls can't say the same. I don't worship her like some but I wish you would elaborate a bit more about what you mean by saying "somewhat fakey good looks".

Although I certainly don't think that MP is hating on her for jealously reasons, I can only speak for myself. I'm not a catty person at all, I don't hate on women because they are pretty to most people. Hell, I go in the hot girl thread to look at pictures of Keira Knightly, Kristen Bell and Hayden P. I have no trouble what-so-ever calling girls hot. I'm 100% hetro but I know a hot chick when I see one. I'm just trying to get across that I'm not leary of Megan Fox because of her somewhat fakey good looks, I'm leary of her because I suspect that she isn't a good actress and if that suspision pans out, I hope she doesn't make it into a movie that I am looking forward too. Thats all it is to me. And yeah I am protesting a lil too much but you can be sure that I am telling the truth.:p

Well I did say *Mostly* there are always exceptions to the rule. :cwink:
I just think she at least deserves a chance before people condemn her.

And sorry buddy but I have to disagree with you on the writing of the female lead of Transformers. Disagree big time.

I wasn't saying the writing was great but I found it better than the writing for female characters in comparable genre movies, such as Bosworth in SR, Jen Garner in Elektra and Kirsten Dunst in SM3.

Also known as prudes(except for the tattoo factor). :hehe:

I like her tats. :csad: :oldrazz:

I think she is a natural beauty(not sure about her boobs though, never looked into if she got a job done or not, didn't care enough really). One of the few females I've seen look that "Hollywood" or "model" hot and doesn't always wear makeup. She actually looks better without it, which a lot of girls can't say the same. I don't worship her like some but I wish you would elaborate a bit more about what you mean by saying "somewhat fakey good looks".

I think there have been a few occasions where Megan Fox has put make up overkill into effect and used very obvious dresses which some may consider "Fakey" however she is just as hot with hardly any make up on, in her t-shirt and jeans out shopping IMO.

I'm guessing I'm the only one who saw the title to this thread and thought "Are they making another Angel Heart movie?"

She is a beautiful girl but she looks plasticy to me. I actually don't have any problem with cosmetic surgery if thats what you want to do. Eh, maybe she just isn't my type.

Well I did say *Mostly* there are always exceptions to the rule. :cwink:
I just think she at least deserves a chance before people condemn her.
I can agree with that.

I wasn't saying the writing was great but I found it better than the writing for female characters in comparable genre movies, such as Bosworth in SR, Jen Garner in Elektra and Kirsten Dunst in SM3.
You just had to bring up those films lol. Don't you know that everytime you mention SM3 a baby dies?

Seriously I get what you are saying but I still don't really agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"