Microsoft talks Killzone 2

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xb...exclusives-will-surpass-killzone-2-microsoft/

First of all is good to see Microsoft knowledge and congratulating what Guerilla and Sony did, technology wise.
It´s also good to hear that Microsoft saying that Killzone 2 was just the begining, just the tip of the iceberg, which makes sense because there is no reason why the 360 can´t handle what KZ2 showed us (minus the blu-ray, of course).
Let´s wait to see what Microsoft has in stores for this year...

My call, Forza 3, Perfect Dark 2, Alan Wake and the long delayed, Duke Nukem Forever.

PS - Can this mean that, coming next year, the worst looking game will be KZ2?

I played the demo for Killzone, enjoyed it, but not enough to surpass titles like RE5, Riddick, Ghostbusters and a few others that im set to purchase in the coming months. Ill get Killzone as soon as theres a free month that doesnt have a game coming out that i want.

That seems like a strange thing to say, but makes me even more excited for this year's E3.

Isildur´s Heir;16529360 said:
[...]

My call, Forza 3, Perfect Dark 2, Alan Wake and the long delayed, Duke Nukem Forever.

They couldn't be Forza 3, Alan Wake, or Duke Nukem because the games Microsoft made mention of were unannounced. Perfect Dark 2 is a possibility, but is anyone really excited for a sequel to the attrocious Perfect Dark Zero.:huh:

Studios find better and more efficient ways to use their dev kits all the time. While I highly doubt Killzone 2 will be considered a bad looking game by this time next year, I'm sure it's visuals will certainly be surpassed.

Nothing this gen will technically surpass Crysis.
They are talking out there rear end.

Agreed, at the very least nothing on consoles will. The PS3 and 360 specs are nice, but getting left behind by PC's (as happens with most console gens). From what I'm reading, Uncharted 2 is going to pretty much tap the PS3's cell processor (they said 90% usage). I can maybe see them getting some games to push a few more polygons than we've seen on console games so far, but I doubt we'll see too many more pushed than things we've already seen. The best they can do is use an interesting art design, maybe increase frame rate or enemy numbers (like God of War 3 is doing, enemy # increase wise that is).

what are you guys talking about........ i'm confused

Talking about Crysis, Crytek is already working on their new engine, CryEngine 3, which is being made for PC and Consoles, and they say it´s way better than CE 2

Isildur´s Heir;16595567 said:
Talking about Crysis, Crytek is already working on their new engine, CryEngine 3, which is being made for PC and Consoles, and they say it´s way better than CE 2

Yea I read that.
The "all-in-one" (across all platforms) scalable computation makes it sound like a spec friendlier Cryengine 2.

I'd be more interested in MGS4 for the 360 instead of KZ2. Then again I've never been much of a FPS fan.

Isildur´s Heir;16529360 said:

A joke I'm going to hope. Whether or not the 360 really is capable of doing it and they do release a game on par or better graphically then KZ2 there's no way it's gonna be the worst looking game on the market. Of course it already looks like KZ2 will be surpassed console-wise already anyway with Heavy Rain.

Doesn't matter anyway as I think graphics are probably the least important part of a game and I've always found it silly when companies or fans get into dick measuring contests over graphics.

Quick edit: By the way, I'm not referencing you as the fan getting into said contest, I was just using a generalization

A joke I'm going to hope. Whether or not the 360 really is capable of doing it and they do release a game on par or better graphically then KZ2 there's no way it's gonna be the worst looking game on the market. Of course it already looks like KZ2 will be surpassed console-wise already anyway with Heavy Rain.

Regardless of "The Cell" it's still limited by it's ram.
Generally, smaller tighter environment, more detailed less stressful, larger more heavy loaded environment usually less detail more stressful. It's why something with alot gong on screen at once like an RTS generally has lessor detailed models. Killzone 2 probably has alot more gong on screen at once than Heavy Rain i'm guessing.

Doesn't matter anyway as I think graphics are probably the least important part of a game and I've always found it silly when companies or fans get into dick measuring contests over graphics.

I think it depends personally.
Even in an old isometric game ike Baldur's Gate, wich runs at 640X480, wich is quite ugly, installing the expansion pack Tales of the Sword Coast upping it to 800X600 and Baldur's Gate II wich runs at 1024X768 makes an immedialy noticlbe diffrence making the game in general, a hell of alot more pleasent to play. For first person shooters it's part of the experence imo, as with alot of games. If Killzone 2 didn't look pretty, no one would give a crap about it same with Crysis and probably Grand Turismo 5 I would think, at least in my opinion. Highly stylized games like Okami, Sam and Max Episodes, , World Of Warcraft or Team Fortress 2 can have alot more leeway when it comes to visuals outside of artstyle.

It depends on what they were going for on whether graphics matter to me or not. Pacman's gameplay was as simple as it's graphics, so it doesn't bother me in the least, same with Super Mario Bros. 1. Mario 64, Zelda 64, Crash Bandicoot, and Parapa the Rapper all had a good stylized approach. The original Doom's had simple gameplay and graphics, but it's less painful to look at for me than some FPS's 5-10 years old.

Games that tried to put graphics first and are now dated do bother me. Take FF7, I still like the game, but have to admit the non battle graphics are a bit of a turn off. A lot of FPS's are in that boat too. RPG's can get by if the story and gameplay rock, but if not then the graphics make the game go from painful to unbearable.

So while I agree that gameplay and story are more important, graphics can hurt a title for me sometimes. I agree tho that graphics are becoming too much of a fixation for game companies while gameplay takes a backseat and we lose the ability to map our own control schemes.

Regardless of "The Cell" it's still limited by it's ram.
Generally, smaller tighter environment, more detailed less stressful, larger more heavy loaded environment usually less detail more stressful. It's why something with alot gong on screen at once like an RTS generally has lessor detailed models. Killzone 2 probably has alot more gong on screen at once than Heavy Rain i'm guessing.

It's still going to look better and to the average person that's all they'll be looking at. Not the tech side of it.

I think it depends personally.
Even i an old isometric game ike Baldur's Gate, wich runs at 640X480, wich is quite ugly, installing the expansion pack Tales of the Sword Coast upping it to 800X600 and Baldur's Gate II wich runs at 1024X768 makes an immedialy noticlbe diffrence making the game in general, a hell of alot more pleasent to play. For first person shooters it's part of the experence imo, as with alot of games. If Killzone 2 didn't look pretty, no one would give a crap about it same with Crysis and probably Grand Turismo 5 I would think, at least in my opinion. Highly stylized games like Okami, Sam and Max Episodes, , World Of Warcraft or Team Fortress 2 can have alot more leeway when it comes to visuals outside of artstyle.

Well, I'm not saying good graphics aren't pleasant, just not essential. With or without the upping I could still play Baldur's Gate with no problem. Yes it does help when the game has up to standard graphics, but it's the least important thing to me. Hell, I can still go back and enjoy PS1 and 2D games with little problem. I just don't think it's a big enough deal to get all hot and bothered with like people seem to.

I can't comment on Crysis, but I disagree on KZ2. Even if it didn't have the graphics it does I still think it would be popular. It's fun and has a great multiplayer. As far as GT5, sorry, I think you're way off the bat with that one. Those games have a huge following and are considered the standard for driving sims.

I can't comment on Crysis, but I disagree on KZ2. Even if it didn't have the graphics it does I still think it would be popular. It's fun and has a great multiplayer. As far as GT5, sorry, I think you're way off the bat with that one. Those games have a huge following and are considered the standard for driving sims.

I have to agree with Kez on this one. Without KZ2's visuals i dont think itd be nearly as popular as it is. Thats probably its biggest draw. Its one of, if not the most visually stunning game on any console right now and thats a big part as to why its popular. If you weaken those visuals, its just an avg shooter, no better than Call of Duty(at leas in MP anyway).

I have to agree with Kez on this one. Without KZ2's visuals i dont think itd be nearly as popular as it is. Thats probably its biggest draw. Its one of, if not the most visually stunning game on any console right now and thats a big part as to why its popular. If you weaken those visuals, its just an avg shooter, no better than Call of Duty(at leas in MP anyway).

I think it's a good game personally graphics or not. Not as good as COD4 indeed, but still fun. I thought the multiplayer was as fun as most of the others to me. I didn't play it a lot or anything, but still seems good on it's own

Quick edit: By the way, I'm not referencing you as the fan getting into said contest, I was just using a generalization
I totally agree, it´s stupid when fans get into a graphic contest to find out who has the "best" console.
I would´t call graphics the least important part of a game, but it´s not one of the most important either.
Graphics exist to convey realism and take gamers to another world, the better the graphics, the more "realistic" it looks, the more you forget it´s a game.
But i can play and love Pong as much as Crysis.

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess (Wii)

Subpar graphics, but the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME...... and that is no joke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"