Mighty Ducks TV Series in the Works

I’m sure they’re keeping Charlie’s cameo a secret. He was an integral member of the team and the one closest to Gordon

They seem fairly adamant that Joshua Jackson's schedule prevented him from showing up.

And apparently they are describing Connie as a "Klobucher like Senator". And they are giving her a hockey stick, dear god... Office supplies were bad enough....

Do we know, how many episodes this will have?

The Quack Attack Podcast has a great episode with Brill a month or so ago, and they just interviewed Letterkenny’s “Riley” aka Dylan Playfair about Game Changers.

Solid start to the revival! Definitely missing some of that same magic the movies had but the two main kids aren't bad and seeing Bombay back was all sorts of cool. Looking forward to seeing the show progress.

What a great start to the series. Enjoyed the first episode more than I thought I would. Felt like a mashup of the first Mighty Ducks movie and The Little Giants with a little Cobra Kai thrown in. So far I like the new team and it seems like Gordon will be taking on more of a mentor role kind of like Hans in the original trilogy

It’s nice to see Emilio back. Saw an interview with him promoting this series and he said that this series helps serve as a return to more mainstream projects so I hope we see more of Emilio in other movies & shows

I thought the story moved on way too fast. With 9 more episodes a 40min left, they had an interesting story arch for 3 episodes packed into one - this will guarantee a lot more boring filler episodes.
Gordon being ok, from hating ice hockey too teaching a kid a lesson was way too fast.
Overall, the show has a high production value and never looked cheap.
I‘ll continue watching

I hope we get Charlie and the gang coming back to give Bombay purpose again.

Okay, finally started this and caught the first two episodes. After refreshing my memory of the first three movies.

I will patiently await nunchuk girl to kill someone on the ice.

Episode 2 was another good entry. Perfectly continues where the premiere left off

Gordon was a lot funnier this episode. Love his giving zero f***s attitude lol

I’m personally looking forward to getting to the episode where we find out why Gordon left the Ducks and gave up on hockey again

After two episodes, I am 1000% in love with the show. This is the first time in a long time that I watched an episodic show weekly and am annoyed about it. Because I need to know what is coming next.

I have a theory and although I believe it to be true , I hope I'm wrong. I think the reason Gordon is back to his old self of hating hockey and being a miserable S.O.B is because the only player he loved like a son, Charlie..........died. when you look back at the films, at their relationship, especially in the 3rd film when he told Charlie, "There you were, Charlie and the Ducks. You gave me a life Charlie" I believe that's what took his life away, losing the only son he ever really had. I could be wrong it Bombay doesnt seem the type to have ever reverted back to his old ways unless it was something as dramatic as that. He doesn't want to get attached to another bunch of kids. So he keeps his distance.

Last edited:
Episode 2 was another good entry. Perfectly continues where the premiere left off

Gordon was a lot funnier this episode. Love his giving zero f***s attitude lol

I’m personally looking forward to getting to the episode where we find out why Gordon left the Ducks and gave up on hockey again
I really hope we don't have to wait until episode 6 to find out. I have a feeling that will be the case though

The show got me watching the movies again lol damn nostalgia

I remembered my childhood crush on Julie.

I will say, given Logan's (the canadian kid) introduction, I will be disappointed if neither Evan or Nick are gay.

I have a theory and although I believe it to be true , I hope I'm wrong. I think the reason Gordon is back to his old self of hating hockey and being a miserable S.O.B is because the only player he loved like a son, Charlie..........died. when you look back at the films, at their relationship, especially in the 3rd film when he told Charlie, "There you were, Charlie and the Ducks. You gave me a life Charlie" I believe that's what took his life away, losing the only son he ever really had. I could be wrong it Bombay doesnt seem the type to have ever reverted back to his old ways unless it was something as dramatic as that. He doesn't want to get attached to another bunch of kids. So he keeps his distance.

Or what if Charlie became like Bombay, giving up hockey cause he couldn’t cut it (unlike Banksy) and his life spiralled downward, which broke Gordon’s heart, wondering if he’s just setting up kids for disappointment.

In a perfect world we get Jackson showing up, letting Gordon know that he doesn’t regret it, and that Gordon needs to “be that man”, again.

Just watched the first two episodes. Really enjoying it so far.

Thought for sure they would play out Gordon not caring about hockey and the mysterious reasons as to why a bit longer, but we finally know why Gordon gave up on hockey.

But it seems that from here on he will be back as Coach Bombay! :applaud

Yeah, I was kind of shocked at how quick they had Bombay take down the "No Hockey" sign. And I have to say, how he got kicked out of hockey is absolutely perfect. **** the NCAA. And it makes so much sense seeing the Bombay of the movies eventually violating the myriad of bull**** NCAA rules. I do hope he remains grumpy, but I do enjoy him getting pulled back in. I worry the reunion episode will destroy me, however. And god forbid when they finally get Joshua Jackson back...

The rest of the episode was cute. Glad Sofi called out Evan on his reasons for trying to get her to change teams. But, I do like the events that made her change her mind. I do hope to see what the Hawks are like now, given what the Ducks are.

I don't particularly blame Nick this episode. Winnie the Cocoa Girl is cute. And apparently, the snack delivery/snack shop is an untapped dating environment.

I did not expect the reasoning behind Gordon being in his funk would be so damn progressive. This show keeps happily surprising me.

I did not expect the reasoning behind Gordon being in his funk would be so damn progressive. This show keeps happily surprising me.

It makes perfect sense, one you think about it. From both a character perspective and sort of what they are trying to say in the series.

It makes perfect sense, one you think about it. From both a character perspective and sort of what they are trying to say in the series.
I agree. I just thought they might have gone with something a bit more typical.

I'm glad we finally got more of Bombay's backstory and what he was up to between D3 and this show. It made sense but I can guarantee him not being allowed to coach in college again wouldn't happen. Especially since his program was so successful.

You know how many NCAA basketball coaches have had sanctions and gotten into trouble only to turn around and get another job a year or two later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"