Milly Alcock IS Supergirl/Kara Zor-El

With all due respect…

Im curious what your all’s favorite Supergirl stories are.
For me, I’d say:

Supergirl Being Super
WoT
Steve Orlando’s Rebirth run
and one of my favorite shorts, Should Auld Acquaintance be Forgot (though that’s much more a Deadman story, I remember reading it post Crisis while Kara was dead and it genuinely was emotional.)

What’s your all’s favorites?

With all due respect…

Im curious what your all’s favorite Supergirl stories are.
For me, I’d say:

Supergirl Being Super
WoT
Steve Orlando’s Rebirth run
and one of my favorite shorts, Should Auld Acquaintance be Forgot (though that’s much more a Deadman story, I remember reading it post Crisis while Kara was dead and it genuinely was emotional.)

What’s your all’s favorites?
Woman of Tomorrow is far and away my fave.

Also enjoyed Being Super and some of Rebirth. I also liked some of her stuff from New Krypton as well.

I will say, I think her stuff from The New 52 had the best IDEAS for Kara stories (namely the Worldkillers and Red Lantern stuff), just not good execution. Kara sadly has not been served well in the comics compared to most of her A-list counterparts. WoT is her first truly great story she's ever gotten, but she's still awaiting her first truly great run, imo. Come on, Greg Rucka, you know you want to!

Woman of Tomorrow is far and away my fave.

Also enjoyed Being Super and some of Rebirth. I also liked some of her stuff from New Krypton as well.

I will say, I think her stuff from The New 52 had the best IDEAS for Kara stories (namely the Worldkillers and Red Lantern stuff), just not good execution. Kara sadly has not been served well in the comics compared to most of her A-list counterparts. WoT is her first truly great story she's ever gotten, but she's still awaiting her first truly great run, imo. Come on, Greg Rucka, you know you want to!
Sterling Gates' run could have been it, but it was muddled by event tie-in nonsense.

I just bought a bunch of issues of New Krypton just because of the covers. I still need to read them.
A VERY mixed bag of a storyline, imo. I don't much care for it overall, but I loved Rucka/Robinson's World of New Krypton portion and some of Kara's material was pretty juicy. That's all I enjoyed, really.

The world of new Krypton 12 issue series by Rucka and Robertson is actually my favorite Superman story of all time! My favorite Superman period, in any media! Superman is written to perfection in all his compassionate, intelligent, charismatic glory. Honestly I may sound like I'm exaggerating but I truely believe than any writer of any medium who is thinking about tackling Superman needs to read that story.

We don't really need a power girl ish type of suit, but at the same time, Don't shy away from the skirt either.

I love that we get to see her in Superman first before her own origin film

Having just watched The Flash this weekend, I did enjoy Sasha Calle as Supergirl. However as a GoT fan I thought Milly was great in HoTD, she is able to convey innocence but with a strong and defiant side. Can't wait to see what she brings to the role.

Having just watched The Flash this weekend, I did enjoy Sasha Calle as Supergirl. However as a GoT fan I thought Milly was great in HoTD, she is able to convey innocence but with a strong and defiant side. Can't wait to see what she brings to the role.
I'm an unashamed supporter of blonde haired, blue eyed Kara. However... Calle really impressed me, especially as she wasn't given that much to work with. If they'd kept her around for longer I'd definitely have been there for every one of her appearances. As it is I do feel sorry for her. She must have thought The Flash was her ticket to the big time. I hope she gets more opportunities. However, now I'm looking forward to seeing what Milly Alcock does with it.

I don’t know that I would say that Calle really wowed me but I did like her. She was a rare bright spot in a mostly unwatchable movie. I hope she gets more work in something else soon.

Calle was fine. Good enough that it’s too bad she came in just as the house of cards came crumbling down, but not so good that I necessarily feel robbed of a solo movie on her behalf. I’d even classify Keaton as fine in that movie.

To my surprise, the actor whose work I walked away from that movie most impressed with was they-who-shall-not-be-named.

I'm an unashamed supporter of blonde haired, blue eyed Kara. However... Calle really impressed me, especially as she wasn't given that much to work with. If they'd kept her around for longer I'd definitely have been there for every one of her appearances. As it is I do feel sorry for her. She must have thought The Flash was her ticket to the big time. I hope she gets more opportunities. However, now I'm looking forward to seeing what Milly Alcock does with it.

Calle along with with Keaton stole the show in my eyes. She did really well and I do feel it for her.

I think Milly is going to bring the good big time as well though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"