Milly Alcock IS Supergirl/Kara Zor-El

The golden belt/girdle gives me pause--although I know that's directly from the source material design.

But, really, I'm not particularly married to any one Supergirl design. I would prefer long sleeves & skirt though--no mid-riff or halter top t-shirt, please.

The golden belt/girdle gives me pause--although I know that's directly from the source material design.

But, really, I'm not particularly married to any one Supergirl design. I would prefer long sleeves & skirt though--no mid-riff or halter top t-shirt, please.
Because of the nature of comic book art, there’s some ambiguity as to costume fabrics, etc. So what appears to be “golden” might not necessarily be a solid hunk of gold metal. (And as I mentioned a couple of posts back, a solid belt like that strikes me as impractical — not just in-universe, but for the actor wearing the costume. :oops: )

Needless to say, the fan art shown has opted for a literal interpretation of “gold.”

Don't really like the skirt on that one at all.

Colors all around are too dark, looks like a Snyder-Adjacent Supergirl more than a Woman Of Tomorrow Supergirl.

Colors all around are too dark, looks like a Snyder-Adjacent Supergirl more than a Woman Of Tomorrow Supergirl.
Yeah I have to admit that I was instantly reminded of the Gadot Wonder Woman reveal in all its desaturated glory

I rather like color scheme. :coolguy: And the shield appears to be the MOS version. But I agree that Gunn will probably distance himself from the Snyder aesthetic. So apart from Alcock’s likeness, what makes this DCU "concept art"?

Not a big fan, don't like the dark blue and armour looking material. Feels too close to Snyderverse to me.

Definitely the first style. The other two make her look like a mini Hillary Clinton.

Something that I have been contemplating with all these manips is what I actually want the Supergirl suit to look like. Should it look like a Superman suit with a skirt? With the same colors, same materials, etc., or something completely different from his? Obviously inspired by his but with patterns and textures, etc. I suppose some of it will depend on whether or not Superman's suit has Kryptonian origins or if his mom made it for him. I feel like they will ditch the skirt though because it's probably not PC, or something. I don't know.

In my mind, Superman's suit should look simpler, campier even, because his ties are to Earth, whereas she is true Kryptonian, so hers should probably look a lot more alien.

I was looking at the Flash's Supergirl suit, and I actually like that suit more than the CW's pant suit. Similar to MOS but with differences that set it apart. High collar, different color pattern. What does everyone else want?

Something that I have been contemplating with all these manips is what I actually want the Supergirl suit to look like. Should it look like a Superman suit with a skirt? With the same colors, same materials, etc., or something completely different from his? Obviously inspired by his but with patterns and textures, etc. I suppose some of it will depend on whether or not Superman's suit has Kryptonian origins or if his mom made it for him. I feel like they will ditch the skirt though because it's probably not PC, or something. I don't know.

In my mind, Superman's suit should look simpler, campier even, because his ties are to Earth, whereas she is true Kryptonian, so hers should probably look a lot more alien.

I was looking at the Flash's Supergirl suit, and I actually like that suit more than the CW's pant suit. Similar to MOS but with differences that set it apart. High collar, different color pattern. What does everyone else want?
Clark having a more homemade, almost quaint and very classic "superhero" look while Kara has more of a science fantasy hero thing going on makes perfect sense to me.

Clark having a more homemade, almost quaint and very classic "superhero" look while Kara has more of a science fantasy hero thing going on makes perfect sense to me.
The creative issue I have is they still should look pretty similar. Ma and Pa Kent is somewhat of a "guess" but if Supergirl rocks up in a similar outfit then it confusing and personally I don't I want Supes to go the more alien direction of costume.

Perhaps Supergirl adapts to Supermans costume.

No disrespect to you and maybe you are just joking but this is a horrible male fantasy design.
I was joking. That was truly a sad time for the Superman family where DC was messing with a lot of the continuity to basically erase a lot of its own history, including to a degree, Kara. So I meant it in its absurdity.

And as a matter of course, anytime someone has to start a post with “no disrespect to you,” you’re totally about to disrespect the person.

The creative issue I have is they still should look pretty similar. Ma and Pa Kent is somewhat of a "guess" but if Supergirl rocks up in a similar outfit then it confusing and personally I don't I want Supes to go the more alien direction of costume.

Perhaps Supergirl adapts to Supermans costume.
Martha also makes Kara's suit on post-Crisis, no clue what's the current status of it, though.

I was joking. That was truly a sad time for the Superman family where DC was messing with a lot of the continuity to basically erase a lot of its own history, including to a degree, Kara. So I meant it in its absurdity.

And as a matter of course, anytime someone has to start a post with “no disrespect to you,” you’re totally about to disrespect the person.
Did I disrespect you?

Did I disrespect you?
Grammar Nerd time!

“With all due respect,” “respectfully,” “no disrespect intended,” etc. are adverb phrases used to indicate a polite disagreement. Most typically, they’re applied when addressing someone who occupies a superior position: a boss, a police officer, military personnel of higher rank, a judge, a politician, etc.

But in everyday vernacular, the idiom has become rather overused — almost to the point of meaninglessness. Indeed, it’s often deployed sarcastically. I.e., the “with all due respect” preamble is then followed by a brutally harsh criticism/disagreement which bears little resemblance to respectful.

It would be a mistake, however, to assume that all usages of the phrase are necessarily insincere or sarcastic. Sometimes a person is actually trying to be polite. And usually, the precise wording will point to the correct interpretation.

Even so … because the phrase is now (arguably) tainted, many language mavens recommend avoiding it entirely.

Grammar Nerd time!

“With all due respect,” “respectfully,” “no disrespect intended,” etc. are adverb phrases used to indicate a polite disagreement. Most typically, they’re applied when addressing someone who occupies a superior position: a boss, a police officer, military personnel of higher rank, a judge, a politician, etc.

But in everyday vernacular, the idiom has become rather overused — almost to the point of meaninglessness. Indeed, it’s often deployed sarcastically. I.e., the “with all due respect” preamble is then followed by a brutally harsh criticism/disagreement which bears little resemblance to respectful.

It would be a mistake, however, to assume that all usages of the phrase are necessarily insincere or sarcastic. Sometimes a person is actually trying to be polite. And usually, the precise wording will point to the correct interpretation.

Even so … because the phrase is now (arguably) tainted, many language mavens recommend avoiding it entirely.
I meant it sincerely. I said it because people often get tone wrong on the internet so I just wanted to make sure it was understood that I was coming from a sincere place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"