Miscast Films.

Backdrifter

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος
Reaction score
I have to present a clip for my film analysis class. I need a film where the actors are completely miscast. I would prefer an older film. I need help!! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Spielberg's movie. All I can think of.

Wesyeed said:

Spielberg's movie. All I can think of.
That is a good suggestion...but I am trying to shy away from Spielberg. Every other group has used Spielberg and Lucas. I was thinking Kevin Costner in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Hunt for Red october, Sean Connery, couldn`t even pull the accent off half decent!

Good suggestions...keep em coming. I also need one for voyeurism...as in the audience feels like they should not be watching a particular scene...I know all films are really voyeuristic...but trying to think of a movie where the feeling is more apparent than usual.

Topher Grace as Eddie Brock.

Oh, you need clips....

The guy that plays the principal in Only the Strong

Keanu Reeves in Speed (way too rigid)

Eddie Dean said:
Keanu Reeves in Dracula.
Oh man, that is too perfect. Thank you. Thank you.

The thing is Most lead actors are pretty good, its the Support that are the worst.

Tara Reed as a scientist in Alone in the Dark
Denise Richards as a scientist in Jame bond.

They aren`t smart enough to pull it off (well not great actors to pull it off)

I cant think of any older ones, Steve Martin as the pink panther, i think i have a thing for crappy accents

Anakin in any of the Star Wars prequels

Keanu Reeves in Constantine
and even though I like him Adrian Brody in King Kong

-Jamie Kennedy as the new Mask in "Son of the Mask"

-replacing Alec Baldwin with Harrison Ford for Jack Ryan...and then replacing him with Ben Affleck!

-Jessica Alba as BOTH The Invisible Woman and Nancy Callahan in "Fantastic Four" and "Sin City" (great, let's cast a whiny, weak ****** with a no nudity clause in her contract as either the strongest woman iun the Marvel universe or a STRIPPER, forChristsake!)

-recasting Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face in "Batman Forever"

-a little girl as Syrin and a little boy as Quicksilver in the "X-Men" movies (who are NOT children in the comic books)

-Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin in "Daredevil" (The Kingpin is WHITE in the comics)

-Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers pretending to be Daphne Blake in the "Scooby-Doo" movies

-Keanu Reeves as John Constantine in "Constantine" (John Constantine is a BRITISH BLONDE, you dumbasses)

-casting Nicole Kidman in the "Stepford Wives" remake and making her look exactly like Christina Ricci, instead of just casting Christina Ricci

-casting Charlize Theron in "North Country" and making her look exactly like Meg Ryan, instead of just casting Meg Ryan

-John Cleese as Lucy Liu's father in "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" (why is an Asian-American the daughter of a Britishman?)

-Dolph Lungrend as The Punisher in the original movie

thealiasman2000 said:
-a little girl as Syrin and a little boy as Quicksilver in the "X-Men" movies (who are NOT children in the comic books)

-Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin in "Daredevil" (The Kingpin is WHITE in the comics)

Quicksilver?:confused: Trust me that wasnt him. And also Wolverine isnt a 5'10 Australian guy either and Rogue isnt some teenage girl either.

And man ha-ha you so racist.

1-Is being true to the comics being racist?

Wouldn't Stan Lee be a racist, then, when he made The Kingpin a white man IN THE ORIGINAL COMICS?

Same goes for Alicia Masters.

2-Rogue is the right age in the movie. Quicksilver and Syrin AREN'T.

3-Both Australians and Canadians are WHITE.

Try saying the same of African-Americans and regular Americans.

thealiasman2000 said:

Wouldn't Stan Lee be a racist, then, when he made The Kingpin a white man IN THE ORIGINAL COMICS?

Rogue is not of right age, and youre delusional if you think that. Plus, you dont know jack **** about the comics. And seriously Kingpin being black isnt a big deal, his race isnt a necessary thing.

Hugh did a wonderful job as Wolverine in the X-Men movies. Near perfect. It's just the height which is just (to me) nitpicking that carries barley enough weight.

With The Kingpin, Michael Clarke Duncan did his best. I didn't think it was a true miscast, either. I don't know...I see what you're saying but...

Stewie Griffin said:
I have to present a clip for my film analysis class. I need a film where the actors are completely miscast. I would prefer an older film. I need help!! Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, are you serious about your signiture? "Bush 4 Life?" I hope that you're kidding.

1-It's the same as making Luke Cage white in a Power Man movie.

2-I don't know jack about the comics, huh? I know enough to say that both The Kingpin and Alicia Masters are white, General Stryker is black and his son is dead, John Constantine is a blonde Britishman and Chaz CHANDLER is not some teenage kid, Rogue has NEVER been middle-aged and she can fly and has super-strength, Nancy Callahan is not afraid to sjow herself nude and The Invisible Woman is NOT a whiny ******...

thealiasman2000 said:

Oh my flipping gosh. You are so .... yeah not going to say it. MCD was the best actor for the role. So what that he was black. The Kingpin needed a big powerful actor tat could be threatening while a little chubby. He pulled it off.

thealiasman2000 said:
1-It's the same as making Luke Cage white in a Power Man movie.

2-I don't know jack about the comics, huh? I know enough to say that both The Kingpin and Alicia Masters are white, General Stryker is black and his son is dead, John Constantine is a blonde Britishman and Chaz CHANDLER is not some teenage kid, Rogue has NEVER been middle-aged and she can fly and has super-strength, Nancy Callahan is not afraid to sjow herself nude and The Invisible Woman is NOT a whiny ******...

1-No its not. Because Luke Cage is a result of the blackpoitation movies of the 70's. He is black, because thats who he is. Kingpin is a mob boss and businessman. Youre telling me black guy cant be a mob boss and businessman?

2-LOL! Stryker was a minister not a general and hes very much white in the comics. I suggest you read God Loves, man Kills. Rogue is not middle aged but she was never a student at the academy, shes in her 20's. And her strength and fliught powers only came from her prolonged expsoure to the powers of Ms. marvel. All other Jessica Alba related stuff I agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"