Missing pages in Brian Azzarello's Batman: Broken City?

"V"

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi, I bought Broken City from Forbidden Planet before Christmas and have just started to read it. All was well until I started part three and within a few pages chapter four had started! Is part three only four pages long in anybody else's copy, or have I got a dud one?

I'd be most grateful for any help.

- V

That sounds strange.

Broken City is Batman comic issues #620 thru #625.

I suppose the way the TPB is ordered, you may not be missing pages. Tell me what's on the last page of chapter three and I'll check my issues.

Thanks for the reply.

Chapter three starts with Bats interrogating/torturing Scarface with the caption: "I'd turn the entire city into my doctor..." then the next page seems to have him chasing some Japanese guy and being confronted by a female assassin.

It just seems strange that the previous chapters are around twenty pages and then this one only has four.

That page with Scarface you described is the very last page of part 3 (which is the same length as the others). If you don't have scenes involving Bruce's parents' death, Penguin, and Ms. Farr, then I'd take it back.

batman takes such a beating by that japanese girl

probably second after knightfall!

he all black and blue lol

That page with Scarface you described is the very last page of part 3 (which is the same length as the others). If you don't have scenes involving Bruce's parents' death, Penguin, and Ms. Farr, then I'd take it back.

So the part that I think is the start of part 3 is actually the end of it?

As I've read it, part 1 begins with the interrogation of Croc. Part 2 begins with Bruce's dream about his parents. Part 3 appears to begin with the torture with Scarface but then seems to go into part 4 within a few pages (see pictures below.) None of the other parts seem to have had a new credits panel a couple of pages after them.

Beginning of part 3:

bc1xs4.jpg

Next page:

bc2mc3.jpg

Next page, which appears to have the start of part 4:

bc3fp3.jpg

Apologies if I'm being dense here. :O

If anybody else's copy follows the pattern that my photos do, then mine must be fine. But the way I currently see it, there seems to be a very small gap between the credits for part 3 and part 4 in comparison to 1-2 and then 2-3.

the one you think is the first page of Chapter 3 is actually the last page of Chapter 3, and the one you think is the first page of Chapter 4 is actually the 4th page of Chapter 4.

Where the title is changes from issue to issue...sometimes its the first page, sometimes they have a little teaser before the title to have it be in a better place, and sometimes they save it till the end of the issue.

Listen to The Joker.

Your copy is fine.

you do have one problem...you actually bought that horrible book...I had forgotten all about Fat Man and Little Boy (who's a girl :confused:...way to just sort of throw in an a-bomb refference there, despite it not making any sense Azzraello).

the one you think is the first page of Chapter 3 is actually the last page of Chapter 3, and the one you think is the first page of Chapter 4 is actually the 4th page of Chapter 4.

Where the title is changes from issue to issue...sometimes its the first page, sometimes they have a little teaser before the title to have it be in a better place, and sometimes they save it till the end of the issue.

Ah, got ya. Thanks for all of the help everyone. :O

I have to admit, I've been a bit disappointed with the book; I mainly bought it on the strength of the Risso illustration of Batman in the lightning. Hopefully the purchase of Batman: Black & White Volume 3, which I thought had some great little stories in it, has redeemed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"