Comics Missing users...

Your posts were some of my favorite in this forum when I just lurked, nice to see you again!

How do you like Renew Your Vows??

Aloha,
I'm enjoying the Spider Family, even though sometimes it comes off a little too lite.
Spidey rules

Well, for folks who are wondering what happened to me, yes, I'm still alive and well (and still a nerd, of course). Yes, I'm the same "stillanerd" who posts over at the Spider-Man Crawlspace forums, and occassionally CBR. And yes, I did write reviews and what not for the Crawlspace, too. That is before I got approached by FanSided to be their editor for Whatever A Spider Can, where I'm still writing reviews. Still am a frequent guest on the Crawlspace Podcast. Just in case anyone was worried about me. :yay:

Well, I still stop by, but mainly to talk about the things I enjoy, which is Renew Your Vows and Spider-Gwen...because my daughter, Gwen, enjoys it.

I read ASM all the way until Superior, and then when it started back up with Spider-Verse, which was timid, at best.
After the new direction, I bailed. None it seems to matter. New Clone Saga?! No. Just no. Reilly, while I didn't like him, was never EVIL. They did that. Nope. Just nope.

I think Slott, who I immensely respect for some of his past works, has hit the point where he is no longer kept in check by himself. He had some truly GREAT books....but the new direction stinks. The core of Spider-Man isn't there anymore, and it shows.
Too many events.
Too many SPIDERS!!
Too little Peter Parker problems, which, honestly, are the best parts! I used to care how Peter would pay his bills, keep his marriage/relationship going, and how he would stop Sandman on top of that. Now, he's rich, he has no relationship or marriage, and he and the spider-verse can topple most everyone with ease.

It's not just him, it's the Marvel U as a whole. No one is recognizable. They need some major changes.

I'm still around, just in a diminished capacity. I spend most of my time drawing and working on my own books, going to cons, and being a dad. I still take the kids to the comic shop to keep them hungry for what little offerings there are for them. DC Super Hero Girls, Spider-Gwen, and DC's kid-friendly offerings are all that really make it into the house. What I read is usually in a comic with a blank cover that I draw upon to sell at shows or on eBay.

Thus is life.

Hope everyone here is still hanging in there!

I stopped comics altogether 2 years ago. The prices beat my wallet into submission and like others have said, the continuity and constant events didn't help matters. I also was never a fan of the constant relaunching from #1. The comics that led to the movies feel forgotten now. So one day I just stopped. I still like talking about them but I use Reddit for that. I came back through here for a nostalgia trip, sadly it feels like a graveyard.

I'm touched that I was missed. :yay:

Like Joker said, real life finally got more interesting for me and I didn't feel the need to be on here so often. That and I got tired of dealing with squabbling in an Internet message board. I've mostly enjoyed the comics and really didn't have much to say about them. I sometimes write for spiderfan.org but even took time off from that for a while.

I'm looking forward to Spider- Man Homecoming. I love the idea of Keaton as the Vulture.

I got a good non banned streak going

Says the guy with a December 2016 sign up date lol :cwink: :cwink: :cwink:

I've been here since 1999/2000 when is was Just Spider-Man Hype.
I asked the admins to delete my old accounts last year because my exwife and her family were harassing me online and in life. And they were doing the same to my then fiancee. We've since long gone our separate ways. :(

I was ben_reilly_s_s

I know... see the smilie faces...
Sorry about your hassles...

I came close to getting banned once...I think it was Hobgoblin that almost banned me too...

Other than that I'm squeaky clean.

Well, it's cool to see some of the familiar faces on this thread. I looked for some old friends on here, and many I know were banned (I couldn't see any reason why), and a few people I had met in real life that are now ghosts, I guess.

I've been making an effort to read and contribute around places, but it feels...hollow. Maybe a younger man's game?
I don't know.

Well, it's cool to see some of the familiar faces on this thread. I looked for some old friends on here, and many I know were banned (I couldn't see any reason why), and a few people I had met in real life that are now ghosts, I guess.

I've been making an effort to read and contribute around places, but it feels...hollow. Maybe a younger man's game?
I don't know.

I know how you feel. I don't think there's anything wrong with the site, but 36-year-old JH just doesn't have it in him to be a full-fledged Hypster like 26-year-old JH did. I think my getting a bit more jaded and just all around bored with comics doesn't help. I still read them but I don't care about them like I did when I was younger. I still love the characters, but almost nothing feels like they did for me back then. I've read them long enough to know that nothing ever sticks (deaths, relaunches, etc.). So it's just a minor hobby now whereas before it was life.

I know how you feel. I don't think there's anything wrong with the site, but 36-year-old JH just doesn't have it in him to be a full-fledged Hypster like 26-year-old JH did. I think my getting a bit more jaded and just all around bored with comics doesn't help. I still read them but I don't care about them like I did when I was younger. I still love the characters, but almost nothing feels like they did for me back then. I've read them long enough to know that nothing ever sticks (deaths, relaunches, etc.). So it's just a minor hobby now whereas before it was life.

I was 32 when I signed on back in '00...
Gonna turn 50 in less than 3 weeks...
I certainly don't say as much as I used to back in the day... lol

:yay:

Last edited:
I was 33 when I signed on back in '01...
Gonna turn 50 in less than 3 weeks...
I certainly don't say as much as I used to back in the day... lol

:yay:

If it makes you feel any better, I thought you were older, you whipper snapper :D

I'm still here, but until the Spidey titles have anything worth a damn to write about, I'll just hang here in the shadows with Spidey and just keep shaking my head at the quality and content of the books... and with the way things are going right now with the titles and Marvel in general, it'll be a LONG time before I ever show my face in public here again... :oldrazz:

I just turned 37.
I've been here since it was just Spider-ManHype.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"