• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI4 ??

Yeah .....

.....if there's some sort of teamwork all along !

If not, then......no :o:o

With Abrams back it should be good he handled the 3rd movie very well. I kind of don't get why people say the last one failed at the box office. I mean yeah it was a little short of even making back its budget (which was huuuuuuge) in the states but it killed overseas and ended up making nearly $400 million worldwide with a majority good reviews to boot.

Mission: Impossible III didn't fail at the box-office. People were just gunning for Cruise because it was in fashion to beat up on him.

I didn't like the second and third entries so I'll probably skip this one.

Mission: Impossible III didn't fail at the box-office. People were just gunning for Cruise because it was in fashion to beat up on him.

Well domestically it did fail. But if you look at the big picture it was a nice little success...not a huge one...but still a success.

^^^ agreed, I hope the same team comes back because I really thought that was what really boosted the last film. Cruise always had backup till the final fight which was cool to see. I wish Abrams would direct it, but when he produces the film usually still comes out good.

It was an under-performer in the U.S. - not a flop. There's a difference.

I wonder if Cruise has pictures of Abrams having sex with ******ed children hidden away. Don't see why Abrams would be remotely interested. He got what he needed/wanted from helming the third film. Don't get me wrong, I think Mission: Impossible III was the best of the films. But there's no need (or desire...outside of Cruise) for another installment.

Mission:Impossible III is my favorite of the series so to me this is great news. In all honesty though if he has to choose between directing this and Star Trek 2, please direct Star Trek 2. (if he can do both, then hell yeah!)

Shouldn't this movie be about Tom Cruise's ability to carry a blockbuster movie again? :o

It was an under-performer in the U.S. - not a flop. There's a difference.

I wonder if Cruise has pictures of Abrams having sex with ******ed children hidden away. Don't see why Abrams would be remotely interested. He got what he needed/wanted from helming the third film. Don't get me wrong, I think Mission: Impossible III was the best of the films. But there's no need (or desire...outside of Cruise) for another installment.

I don't agree, Abrams can do as he wishes but he clearly loves the espionage genre and him and Cruise seem to get on very well and worked well together on Mi:3, so there is no reason he'd not want to go again if he has an idea he feels is great.

Shouldn't this movie be about Tom Cruise's ability to carry a blockbuster movie again? :o

When other actors have movies that make over half a billion and still have ppl say they underperformed, then he'll worry. :cwink:

He carried Valkyrie and that film turned out to be a big surprise hit. Right now, Cruise is slowly having a "come-back" thanks to that and Tropic Thunder. People are starting to like him again.

I don't agree, Abrams can do as he wishes but he clearly loves the espionage genre and him and Cruise seem to get on very well and worked well together on Mi:3, so there is no reason he'd not want to go again if he has an idea he feels is great.

As long as it doesn't involve Hunt meeting a street-wise teenager who turns out is the son he fathered (but didn't know about, thus not making him a dead-beat dad) 15-20 years ago or "inter-dimensional beings," we're good.

As long as it doesn't involve Hunt meeting a street-wise teenager who turns out is the son he fathered (but didn't know about, thus not making him a dead-beat dad) 15-20 years ago or "inter-dimensional beings," we're good.

Haha is this a mix of SR and Indy 4 displeasure ?

When other actors have movies that make over half a billion and still have ppl say they underperformed, then he'll worry. :cwink:
In terms of the previous other 2 movies? Also MI III made $398 million worldwide but in terms of the other two is 20% less. Not to mention, it came in #15 for the year behind movies such as Click and Over the Hedge domestically?

I understand why Cruise would want to make another MI movie but jokes aside, from a financial perspective, Trek is hotter, I wouldn't blame Abrams or the Studio to bank on a movie that is currently this year's highest grossing movie over rather a movie that just did "okay" a few years ago along with a star that's still have somewhat of a stigma.

He carried Valkyrie and that film turned out to be a big surprise hit. Right now, Cruise is slowly having a "come-back" thanks to that and Tropic Thunder. People are starting to like him again.
How was Valkyrie a surprise hit? :huh:

Haha is this a mix of SR and Indy 4 displeasure ?

Loved Superman Returns - liked Indy IV. Indy came off as more of the ******* in the "baby mama" situation. Ironic hearing Spielberg talk about how much he dug Superman and it shows because Kingdom of the Crystal Skull takes plenty from Returns.

MI3 sucked badly, I'm not sure how MI4 could be better.

In terms of the previous other 2 movies? Also MI III made $398 million worldwide but in terms of the other two is 20% less. Not to mention, it came in #15 for the year behind movies such as Click and Over the Hedge domestically?

I understand why Cruise would want to make another MI movie but jokes aside, from a financial perspective, Trek is hotter, I wouldn't blame Abrams or the Studio to bank on a movie that is currently this year's highest grossing movie over rather a movie that just did "okay" a few years ago along with a star that's still have somewhat of a stigma.

I was talking purely about Cruise' ability to carry a blockbuster to those numbers, which is still significantly greater than most actors out there, including the likes of Bale, the beloved Depp and the respected DiCaprio.

Trek is hotter but I don't think closer to Abrams heart, he even said himself he is not a huge Trek fan. This news on Mi:4 seems to be coming from JJ not Cruise, so i'd wager that the success of Trek has given JJ a chance to do another MI movie with a story he has wanted to tell.

How was Valkyrie a surprise hit? :huh:

It pulled in $85 million domestically and $200 million worldwide after everyone had written it off as a flop? :huh:

The opening weekend projections had it earning around $18 million when it actually grossed $30 million? :huh:

Loved Superman Returns - liked Indy IV. Indy came off as more of the ******* in the "baby mama" situation. Ironic hearing Spielberg talk about how much he dug Superman and it shows because Kingdom of the Crystal Skull takes plenty from Returns.

I am not sure either came off badly per se given they didn't know and when Indy found out his son was a cocky teen making it harder to deal with, however Indy never did any stalking. ;)

MI3 sucked badly, I'm not sure how MI4 could be better.

Disagreed, I love the third and place it above both the other 2.

That would have been awesome to see the old Indy stalking Marion. Doubt he would have been a subtle as Supes was.

My point is he hasn't done a blockbuster since MI III and even with MI III there was reviews that stated that "This franchise will self destruct in 3 seconds...".

Is it possible he can carry one? Yeah it's possible. I just think it's a little unlikely right now.

Disagreed, I love the third and place it above both the other 2.

Bond: "Shocking positively shocking..."

I favourite MI1 and MI2, MI3 not good as MI3, PSH stole the show from Cruise as well.

It pulled in $85 million domestically and $200 million worldwide after everyone had written it off as a flop? :huh:

The opening weekend projections had it earning around $18 million when it actually grossed $30 million? :huh:

It never was higher than 4th at the box office? :huh:

That would have been awesome to see the old Indy stalking Marion. Doubt he would have been a subtle as Supes was.

Haha! He'd have had to hang outside her window from his whip.

My point is he hasn't done a blockbuster since MI III and even with MI III there was reviews that stated that "This franchise will self destruct in 3 seconds...".

Is it possible he can carry one? Yeah it's possible. I just think it's a little unlikely right now.

Yeah but reviews count for zero and the take for Mi:3 at a time when Cruise was being vilified was still strong, 4 years on with JJ at the helm makes a lot of difference as the heat has died down greatly and JJ is a much bigger draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"