Mjolnir comeback?

one4smoke

Civilian
Reaction score
After being destroyed by Hela, does Mjolnir make a return in Ragnarok?

I think it probably ends with a new one being re-forged. (That can happen,right? :funny: )

I was thinking maybe Dr Strange will fix it

I expect Odin to work his magic and get Thor a new one.

He will get it back in Avengers 2019 I say.

I realize the various Thor powered characters have had their own unique "hammers" but I have always preferred the original Kirby hammer - hope to see it back pronto!

I could see Odin forging a new one, possibly one capable of doing even more than the original.

I could go either way. I could see Strange or Odin fixing it or I could see it staying broken until IW. I suspect the heroes will in some form or another be at a low point at the start of Thanos' assault. Adds tension if they are not up to 100% capacity when facing the villain that has bern built up for so long. The Avengers are divided, there is a breach of trust between Cap and Tony, Bucky is on ice, half of the heroes are wanted fugitives, Cap is sans shield and we don't know what could further befall Thor and Hulk by the film's end. Banner could be unable to Hulk out by the time it's all finished for all we know.

I was thinking maybe Dr Strange will fix it

If memory serves, Dr. Strange actually did fix a broken Mjolnir while JMS was writing Thor, but it came with the new wrinkle of Thor's life force being more closely linked to the hammer than it previously had been.

I'm not sure what JMS had in mind would happen eventually, as he left the title not long after that, and we never really got to see that idea play itself out.

Last edited:
4485825-h.jpg

I want to see this scene play out.

I hope mjolnir comes back by the end and i can also see that happening.
I tried to figure out the timeline of the trailer and tried to figure out what happens when but it's still a bit fuzzy.

We see mjolnir being destroyed by Hela on Earth. We don't see it on Skaar. And we also know that Thor fights with mjolnir in what looks like Surtur's realm and i immediately put that in my mind as one of the final things to happen in the movie... a confrontation with the "big bad". So it's a bit hard to say for certain what's going to happen but i would hope mjolnir with be back for the final showdown.

Honestly, I kind of suspect its Odin who repairs Mjolnir, not Strange. Strange is being called in to help find Odin.

I expect Thor will get a reforged Mjolnir back at some stage, but I don't think it will be in Ragnarok, more likely Infinity War.

In that panel with Doctor Strange, Mjolnir only has a little chunk taken out of it, but Hela completely obliterates it into little pieces in the trailer so it'll be interesting to see how it eventually gets fixed. The Eye of Agamotto/Time Stone maybe? Or someone (Odin?) forges a new Mjolnir?

I hope mjolnir comes back by the end and i can also see that happening.
I tried to figure out the timeline of the trailer and tried to figure out what happens when but it's still a bit fuzzy.

We see mjolnir being destroyed by Hela on Earth. We don't see it on Skaar. And we also know that Thor fights with mjolnir in what looks like Surtur's realm and i immediately put that in my mind as one of the final things to happen in the movie... a confrontation with the "big bad". So it's a bit hard to say for certain what's going to happen but i would hope mjolnir with be back for the final showdown.

You would think that's how the storyline would/should go, but...

I am starting to think that the one reason it is so hard to figure out the timeline of the events in the trailer (in the context of the hole movie) is because of the repairment of mjolnir. When we see mjolnir being destroyed then we instantly put aside a lot of scenarios and that just makes the timeline so much more confusing. But if you accept the possibility of mjolnir being repaired then everything makes much more sense.

It would be cool if Mjolnir comes back but is bigger and more fearsome; something like what Ultimate Thor uses.

I am starting to think that the one reason it is so hard to figure out the timeline of the events in the trailer (in the context of the hole movie) is because of the repairment of mjolnir. When we see mjolnir being destroyed then we instantly put aside a lot of scenarios and that just makes the timeline so much more confusing. But if you accept the possibility of mjolnir being repaired then everything makes much more sense.

I don't quite follow?

I don't quite follow?
Well it's kinda hard to explain my point to be honest. I am just having a bit of a hard time putting the pieces together in relation to the timeline of the movie.

In particular concerning to what looks like Surtur's realm.
When does Thor end up there? Before being sent to Sakaar? Because i would think something that big would happen later on the movie. But he still has mjolnir and long hair so it's gotta be before the events in Sakaar and the confrontation with Hela. (If we follow the theory that the hammer is not coming back after being destroyed) But we also have heard reports of Hulk fighting Surtur. And that would only happen later on the movie when Thor and him are reunited... So does Thor meet Surtur twice!? It all gets a bit blurry at this stage.

And a few even more difficult questions... Who sent him there? And why? Who put him in chains and dropped him on that vulcanic place (with fiery devil faces on the walls and ceiling of the cave)... "Surtur's realm"

And why does he have a slightly different armour that the one we see in Sakaar and on Earth. What's up with the metal circles he has on the shoulders in some shots and only when he is in "Surtur's realm" he hasn't those circles but different stuff.
Gladiator armour
0002509893242534535.jpg
"Surtur's realm" armour
Thor_Ragnarok_1-1.jpg

Last edited:
That would be awesome.
I'm sure in SOME WAY Thor inherits the Odinforce if Odin dies at some point making it possible to reforge Mjolnir

UNLESS with the help of the Time stone Doc Strange reverses the break on Mjolnir like he did to the Apple and missing page in the book of Cagliostro

I'm sure in SOME WAY Thor inherits the Odinforce if Odin dies at some point making it possible to reforge Mjolnir

UNLESS with the help of the Time stone Doc Strange reverses the break on Mjolnir like he did to the Apple and missing page in the book of Cagliostro

Thing is other than Odin's sleep recharging his power has there really been any mention or references to the Odinforce in the MCU?

I don't recall there is another mention. I would hope they would cover that looking for Odin.
For example, say, Strange would ask how Thor and Loki even know Odin is still alive, they would mention Thor would have received the Odin Force somehow if Odin was dead.

I don't recall there is another mention. I would hope they would cover that looking for Odin.
For example, say, Strange would ask how Thor and Loki even know Odin is still alive, they would mention Thor would have received the Odin Force somehow if Odin was dead.

Good point.

Would be interesting if Hela has usurped the Odinforce?
I'd like Mjolnir back as is. If they want something different, use something different.

I'm not sure what I think will happen, but I definitely want the original design to come back. The alternative designs that have been in the comics have all been inferior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"