The Official Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

And likely with a role just as small as the first two films. So it's pretty much the same as her not even being there. Unless I'm wrong and her role actually is substantial...but I doubt it.

And likely with a role just as small as the first two films. So it's pretty much the same as her not even being there. Unless I'm wrong and her role actually is substantial...but I doubt it.
I agree with your skepticism, but let's wait and see the movie first before we complain :)

I agree with your skepticism, but let's wait and see the movie first before we complain :)

Understandable. Not really a complaint at this point so much as an observation. It's too little too late for Sif anyway, but it'll be awesome to see Jaimie Alexander in the role again no matter how long she's on the screen.

Hmm...Sif's involvement is not listed on any official pages that I can find, although there is a tweet implying that she might be. Where have you seen that confirmed?

Hmm...Sif's involvement is not listed on any official pages that I can find, although there is a tweet implying that she might be. Where have you seen that confirmed?
I took Jamie's Tweet as confirmation.

I didn't think Sif was in this?

Either way, I'm okay with Jane not returning, I like Portman as an actress but she and Hemsworth had zero chemistry as a couple.

There hasn't been an official announcement about the minor supporting parts. None of the Warriors 3 were officially listed in the cast but they're pretty much confirmed since they were in Australia shooting something while the movie was filming.

There's STILL way to much of Sif to cover yet.
There's a whole set of stories after Thor and Jane's first split in the comics. One that cover BRB too

I like that idea very much.

Only if we got a *vastly* better Jane Foster than we've seen yet, and are unlikely to ever see. Which is to say, no.

I still say they should take a page from Simonson, and have the next king *not* be Thor. Obviously Baldur isn't available, but Heimdall could serve the same role, and honestly would be a better king than Thor anyway.

Only if we got a *vastly* better Jane Foster than we've seen yet, and are unlikely to ever see. Which is to say, no.

I still say they should take a page from Simonson, and have the next king *not* be Thor. Obviously Baldur isn't available, but Heimdall could serve the same role, and honestly would be a better king than Thor anyway.

I like Jane in the films myself, I know some people who won't be seeing Thor Ragnarok over he fact it'll have Valkyrie as a new love interest for Thor.

Since most of the film won't even be on Earth, they still could have had Thor and Jane together, just have that mentioned in the film and Jane name dropped once or twice in conversation between Thor and Bruce.

I myself liked the Thor/Jane romance in the first two Thor films, never got why it gets hated on so much by a minority of fans of the films.

I know some people who won't be seeing Thor Ragnarok over the fact it'll have Valkyrie as a new love interest for Thor.

Since most of the film won't even be on Earth, they still could have had Thor and Jane together, just have that mentioned in the film and Jane name dropped once or twice in conversation between Thor and Bruce.

Problem solved.

I might just write a little fix it fic after I see Thor Ragnarok in which after the film Thor and Jane get back together again.

I know some people who won't be seeing Thor Ragnarok over the fact it'll have Valkyrie as a new love interest for Thor.

No offense, but I'm gonna guess it's about as big a list as the one for people claiming they'll boycott Infinity War for not having the Agents of SHIELD in it.

How did this thread even get bumped after like two years lol.

I merged the two Jane Foster threads. There's no reason to have two.

No offense, but I'm gonna guess it's about as big a list as the one for people claiming they'll boycott Infinity War for not having the Agents of SHIELD in it.

Look fact is some MCU fans aren't happy about that and now this, it'll make fans more unhappy.

Since most of the film won't even take place on Earth they still could have had Thor and Jane together, just have her name dropped a few times and have Valkyrie get together with Bruce, anything to end the god awful Bruce/Natasha romance from Age of Ultron which was unnecessary IMO and made the film bad as it came out of nowhere.

Look fact is some MCU fans aren't happy about that and now this, it'll make fans more unhappy.

I'm sure there are some fans who are unhappy, what I'm saying is the amount of people who are gonna boycott the film over Jane not appearing is negligible.

Look at the response to the trailer. People are more hyped for this than either of the previous installments. It will most likely easily outgross both Thor and The Dark World, so there really isn't much of a concern about losing audience members.

I'm sure there are some fans who are unhappy, what I'm saying is the amount of people who are gonna boycott the film over Jane not appearing is negligible.

Look at the response to the trailer. People are more hyped for this than either of the previous installments. It will most likely easily outgross both Thor and The Dark World, so there really isn't much of a concern about losing audience members.

I notice you didn't say anything about the rest of the post I had up. Why is that?

I notice you didn't say anything about the rest of the post I had up. Why is that?

Because my single point addressed it. There's no reason to try and appease people who would boycott the film because of the breakup because I doubt that's a significant chunk of the audience to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I totally sympathize with Jane Foster fans who are upset. It's never fun when a character you love gets screwed over. I just don't agree with the idea that it's going to negatively impact the film's reception in any serious way.

:hehe:

I'm boycotting Infinity War because my fave Mephisto isn't going to be in it. :oldrazz: Not really.

I have nothing against Portman in anything else, but my goodness my interest in seeing her Jane Foster in the MCU again is absolute zero. I'm so thrilled that Ragnarok is getting rid of the junk that bogged TDW down. The Asgard stuff in that movie (specifically the Thor/Loki scenes and Frigga's funeral) was genuinely good but every time the film went back to Earth the quality took a significant nosedive.

Jane has absolutely no need to be in this movie, what is she going to do when Thor and Hulk fight on Sakaar? Or when they go on a cosmic road trip? Or fight an insanely powerful evil goddess to stop the destruction of Asgard? Are we to be subjected to random scenes of Jane staring glumly at her cereal on Earth again? Yeah, no thanks.

I'm boycotting Infinity War because my fave Mephisto isn't going to be in it. :oldrazz: Not really.

I have nothing against Portman in anything else, but my goodness my interest in seeing her Jane Foster in the MCU again is absolute zero. I'm so thrilled that Ragnarok is getting rid of the junk that bogged TDW down. The Asgard stuff in that movie (specifically the Thor/Loki scenes and Frigga's funeral) was genuinely good but every time the film went back to Earth the quality took a significant nosedive.

Jane has absolutely no need to be in this movie, what is she going to do when Thor and Hulk fight on Sakaar? Or when they go on a cosmic road trip? Or fight an insanely powerful evil goddess to stop the destruction of Asgard? Are we to be subjected to random scenes of Jane staring glumly at her cereal on Earth again? Yeah, no thanks.

Agreed, and I was surprised, because after the first film, fans wanted a film that took place entirely in Asgard and the other realms outside midgard.

Couldn't agree more.
I don't have anything against Jane at all. It's just all the sidekick's and Selvig stuff that ate so much of TDW that annoyed me. I gladly exchange all of that screen time wasted on TDW with Hulk's stuff, Sakaar, The Grandmaster, a gladiatorial arena, fights...

It's one of the reasons i personally am so hyped for TR. The lack of all that baggage and the replacement with so much better content. It's a massive upgrade.

I don't think TDW took a nosedive as you say with the Earth scenes.

They could still have had Thor and Jane together, just have her name dropped once or twice by Thor and maybe have Valkyrie get together with Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"