Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42818

New Monsters vs. Aliens Pic, Voice Cast Revealed
Source: USA Today
March 11, 2008

USA Today has published this new photo from DreamWorks Animation's March 27, 2009 release, Monsters vs. Aliens, along with an article in which the voice cast is revealed. The film is based on the horror comicbook "Rex Havoc," which reinvents the classic '50s monster movie into an irreverent modern day action comedy about a monster hunter called upon to battle aliens who disrupt cable TV service. Here are clips from the article:

That includes hearing Reese Witherspoon as Susan Murphy, a modern-day California girl who has the bad luck to be hit by a meteor on her wedding day and grows to be 49 feet, 11½ inches tall (a wink at 1958's The Attack of the 50-Foot Woman). Captured by the military, she's renamed Ginormica.

"I got very inspired when the studio showed me storyboards," says the 5-foot-2 actress. "Playing a larger-than-life woman has given me my own opportunity to make tall jokes." She also is no stranger to cinematic cheese. "My father was a fan of Roger Corman movies," she says. "I watched a lot of those on late-night TV."

Joining her giantess to fend off Rainn Wilson's evil alien Gallaxhar are Dr. Cockroach, Ph.D. (Hugh Laurie), the jellylike B.O.B. (Seth Rogen) and the half-ape, half-fish Missing Link (Will Arnett). Kiefer Sutherland speaks for Gen. W.R. Monger (get it?), and Stephen Colbert is the president.

2w5qeww.jpg

I like the little man jumping off the back of the boat :applaud

One complaint I have about Dreamworks though is that they tend to pack the voice talent with pure celebrities, rather then who is best suited to voice the role. The casts always read like a list of the newest up and coming A list. Pixar, on the other hand, seems to balance the stars with voice actors.

i do like the facial expression of the giant fuzzball's face on the poster.

Stephen Colbert is the President! Yes!
I'm seeing this not only because of Colbert, but because of my love for 50s B-Movies.

:up:

See, now this looks like something that most sci-fi comic fans will go see. I like how weird they appear, without being grotesque.

Ooohooo, hooo, this looks really cute. :yay:

Insectosaurus is going to be a popular plush item next year, just wait.

I like the little man jumping off the back of the boat :applaud

One complaint I have about Dreamworks though is that they tend to pack the voice talent with pure celebrities, rather then who is best suited to voice the role. The casts always read like a list of the newest up and coming A list. Pixar, on the other hand, seems to balance the stars with voice actors.

couldn't agree more.

dreamworks seems more concerned with stuffing pop-culture references (although not at all as bad as fox) into their movies than they do with making generally good movies, ala pixar.

this still does look and sound very, very cool so far.

Yeah one has to be weary of non-Pixar films, look at WALL-E. Jeff Garlin and Fred Willard's characters will barely be in the movie and they have the only "speaking" parts and it will be marketed on the character of WALL-E. Now Dreamworks takes a cast that targets a whole bunch of demos/fan bases and it will be marketed as this film with all these voice talents.

But still it sounds good and if I was making an animated film would probably want to use them. Only Dreamworks Animation film I plan to see, plus it will be 3-D.

Seems like a really fun animation movie. :)

That poster is going to scare the children. :up:

Wow, this actually looks pretty cool for a non-Pixar animation.

And I'm glad Dr. Cockroach, PhD seems to be the only talking animal in this. Enough of that.

Normally I wouldn't be too optimistic about a Dreamworks release, but after Kung Fu Panda, I'm hopeful that they've turned a corner and left the lame Shark Tale and Shrek 3 type scripts behind them.

Should be a fun film.

Trailer back on You Tube
[YT]VxO0A0MoWnU[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back