Monsters vs. Aliens

Have they always reported box office numbers at 3pm ET on Sunday? There's another 9 hours left in the weekend.

At least you guys can watch it in 3D. That format isn't available over here in the Philippines.

Is anyone else really really surprised as to how well this did? I thought this would flop.

Looks like "Best Animated Feature" has it's first nominee.

Up will win, though. Pixar basically manufactures Oscar statues at this point.

Is anyone else really really surprised as to how well this did? I thought this would flop.

Well, to some it kinda did because it didn't pull in $75 to $100 million.

Since when are films supposed to pull in summer numbers at the end of March?

Didn't see this, but I will probably rent it on DVD in a few months.

The first Ice Age movie opened with in MArch '02 with 46 million.
The sequel opened with MArch '06 with 68 million.

I am curious to see just how the 3-D experience will create legs for this movie. If i remember correctly the ICe Age movies had budgets well below the 100 million mark. MvA has a budgetof 165 million. I dunno if the 58 million opening weekend is enough to make back the budget

I thought it would make below 20 million actually.

It really surprised me.

I think I will see this again on Wednesday when I went the 3D version was sold out so I had to see the 2D version. However I will not pay 11 bucks to see this I work at a theater so I might as well just get a pass to the 3D version.

At first I thought this film looked incredibly stupid, but have warmed up to it. I won't see it in theaters, but will surely see it on DVD.

I haven´t seen the movie, maybe I´ll go with my family this weekend. But this idea come to my mind this morning and I was compelled to make it.

MonstesvsAliens.jpg

Looks like "Best Animated Feature" has it's first nominee.
Ew, this bland, uninspired film? I certainly hope not. With Sita Sings the Blues, Up, The Princess and the Frog, and others I can only hope that mediocrity like this won't be acknowledged.

So, for the people that have seen this film, what would you rate it? How good or bad was it?

I gave it a B- on my 1st viewing but the second time I saw it there actually seemed to be improvement. I give it a B now.

You know being the 24 fan that I am I had no Idea General W.R. Monger was voiced by Kiefer Sutherland he didn't even sound the same.

Next March has:

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp

Adam Sandler/Kevin James/Chris Rock/Rob Schneider/David Spade Untitled Comedy

WB's Clash of the Titans remake

I can't look at these two...

539w.jpg

without seeing these two...

2809524947_bcaf5ca415.jpg

It just looks like a complete rip off to me.

A complete rip-off?

I'm not sure about that, but yeah, there's a visual similarity, but that's where it ends.

A complete rip-off?

I'm not sure about that, but yeah, there's a visual similarity, but that's where it ends.

I'm not too familiar with the story of MVA, I'm just referring to these two characters.

I saw the 3D version over the weekend with the family. It was OK, but the characters weren't very endearing and they showed the funny stuff in the trailer. Dreamworks makes entertaining enough animations, but they still haven't mastered story and characterization over fluff. Seth Rogan had the best lines with B.O.B, but I couldn't help but think that Pixar could take the same character and make it funnier and more compelling with no voice and body movements.

The 3D elements were nice though.

Last edited:
Got to see it over the weekend and really enjoyed it!!
But it wasn't in 3D. =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"