More Abe Sapien, less John Myers

Hellboy 2 isn't going to feature Myers.

More Abe Sapien at all would be great.

More Abe Sapien definately...And I am glad Myers doesnt play a big role in the next HB.
And I wanna see more freaks.

I'd definitely like less John Myers. But...Abe in the first movie was a bit of an incompetent schmuck.

Definately! Abe is one of my fav characters and i was a little let down that they didnt develop his character further in the 1st film. Though i do agree that he could do with toughening up a little, i did like how his gentle nature was a nice contrast to Hellboy's "kick-the-living-****-out-of-anything-thats-not-nailed-down" attitude that hes got going on.
However, despite a strong and similar response from other BPRD fans, Abes part may be downsiized again in film 2 because of the rumours that they will be introducing another freak to the Bureau, the undead spirit medium Johann Kraus, who, though undoubtedly be an interesting character, may steal the spotlight in much the same way as Myers did.

Abe Sapien was great, I'd love him to play a more central role in the story for sure. Apart from Hellboy, he's the best character.

more abe would be cool, and i think we all want some more freaks from the bowels of the BPRD

I didn't like Myers. Throughout most of the movie, he didn't really serve much of a purpose. More Abe would be great, and the rest of the regular characters on the B.P.R.D. should show up.

At least Johann has something interesting to bring to the table and BPRD being a disembodied spirit. Myers on the other hand isn't interesting at all.

monkeygust said:
Myers may play a key role in the third film.

Is it the same plans for him that were initially going to be in the sequal?

monkeygust said:
Myers may play a key role in the third film.
where did you here that?!!?!? GDT said Myers and Kroenen will get cameo's in HB2 and that Kroenen would return big time in HB3, not Myers. He just used him to introduce the audience to the HB world, his roll is over with.:xmen:

DarthPlagueis said:
where did you here that?!!?!? GDT said Myers and Kroenen will get cameo's in HB2 and that Kroenen would return big time in HB3, not Myers. He just used him to introduce the audience to the HB world, his roll is over with.:xmen:

GDT had a plan with Myers, put it was scrapped for Hellboy 2. You need to trust Monkeygust, I think he has some connection to Del Toro (probably thru the Hellboy movie forums.)

DarthPlagueis said:
where did you here that?!!?!? ... He just used him to introduce the audience to the HB world, his roll is over with.:xmen:

That's not the only reason. I can't tell you the real reason Myers was hired by Broom. It would spoil it for you. GDT has asked that anyone who knows should not reveal it, as he'd like to bring it out in the films. If possible.

Kroenen will (if it works out) feature into the 3rd film. He shows up in the second one, as well.

Abe rocks period. I hated Myers he was a pansy. And Kroenen creeped me out. More Abe would rock! I'm glad Myers won't be in the second that much. More freaks would be awesome too!

Though i want a lot (and i mean a LOT!!!) more Abe Sapien, i've would have liked to see what Del Toro would have done with Myers after he gets used to the stuff that happens arround the BPRD. Oh well, too bad, but i'm still seeing Hellboy and Abe again, which is still friggin awsome.

I hope they cast David Hyde Pierce as Abe in the sequel......yet at first I thought it was him. I thought the actor that played him first was great and Abe is my favorite one besides Hellboy.

Everyone's confirmed to return except for Broom and Myers. It's really up to them if they want to return or not since their roles are so small. I think they will though.

My only problem with no more Meyers is that the whole first movie was about Meyers becoming Hellboy's caretaker. If Meyers is gone in the second film, doesn't that sorta make one of the plotpoints of the first null and void. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"