Mortal kombat................... Redo!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
A New Battle For Mankind Begins in 'Mortal Kombat' Tourney, Redo in the Works
Bloody Disgusting received word that Warner Bros. Pictures has been looking to redo Mortal Kombat with Oren Uziel in talks to write. Based on Midway's popular 1992 video game, the franchise follows the best fighters from around the globe who are summoned to an island to compete in a tournament whose outcome will determine the fate of the entire planet. Uziel's Shimmer Lake made the 2009 black list, which features the best unproduced screenplays around Hollywood. Johnny Cage was modeled after Jean-Claude Van Damme. No word on the progress of the remake, but we'd like to see a hard "R" version with some actual *****ing fatalities.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18833

If they are going to reboot Mortal Kombat, they'd better make it hard R with those bloody fatalities, or don't bother.

Last edited:
Seeing as its WB making it, I see them screwing it up. Cause they always do with stuff like this and horror movies.

I'm still waiting for a Virtua Fighter movie :argh:

I always liked the first Mortal Kombat.
Something like that would be good.

I still enjoy the first film even though it's pretty damn dated, mainly because I was a huge fan of the early games.

Personally, if this isn't rated R they better make it look damn good then to get my interest up.

It would need to have the kick-ass Mortal Kombat theme:

[YT]ynoL3iGgEYc[/YT]

Mortal Kombat!

well, with WB involved it could be good with the right people involved

make it rated R though or don't make it at all

Starring Kristin Kreuk as Sonya Blade.

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Kiss of Sonya Blade.

Looking forward to it. This could be done on a relatively small budget. The first was done for $25 Million. And with a small budget, you could actually rate it R. But even then, I hope they don't make it as over the top as the games.

This sounds pretty mean but Mortal Kombat - nostalgia aside - is now kinda irrelevant.

The whole point of the MK games was the gore; it was edgy and new back in the early 90s. Now every game has it, and then some.

Last edited:
As long as they don't remake it like the failed Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li, I'll give it a shot.

Now that I think about it, especially after what Octoberist said, don't be surprised if that's the way they go with it.

Who will honestly want to give it a large budget this late in the game?

I know they have still been making MK games in the 2000's but I don't think it's nearly as popular or as Octoberist said, it's a bit irrelevant.

Yes!! Those designs are terrific (just give Sonya some pants), especially the Scorpion as a walking wraith. For the first time I actually like some MK designs better than the first few games that were more simplistic. Those designs gives a more hardcore and gritty feel the earlier games had.

i agree with everything except the bold....what kind of man are you??? haha, j/m

Now that I think about it, especially after what Octoberist said, don't be surprised if that's the way they go with it.

Who will honestly want to give it a large budget this late in the game?

I know they have still been making MK games in the 2000's but I don't think it's nearly as popular or as Octoberist said, it's a bit irrelevant.

Like I said, the first one has been made for only $25 Million. At most, I'd double the budget for the reboot, but not more. And sure, Mortal Kombat is irrelevant nowadays, but if you make it a good martial arts Movie with amazing fights, people might watch it.

After all the money WB made from 300, I don't understand why they won't take a chance with another R-rated action flick.

Who knows, maybe it'll be R. There's really not that much of a risk when the budget is small. 300's budget was $65 Million. I don't see Mortal Kombat costing any more.

I just want to see Sub-Zero's head/spine rip fatality.

That fatality > the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"