most pointless Character

GuestStar2004

Avenger
Reaction score
in the last stand Id say it was a choice between Cyclops and colossus

If we're talking mainstream characters, I'd have to say Colossus. Completely wasted.

I'd have removed the lizard man Anole clinging to the church wall (spend the CGI money on something else!) and also removed Quill, Spike and possibly Multiple Man. I'd have improved Colossus's role, boosted Psylocke's role and Arclight's role, and expanded Angel's character development.

But I'm relatively happy with minor roles being actual known mutants (Glob Herman, didn't even mind Psylocke being what we got) rather than making them unknown made-up characters. I felt it added texture to the movieverse by showing the mutants existing out there, in much the same way as seeing the list of names on Stryker's computer in X2. Only this time they weren't just names, there were actual visual sightings of the mutants.

Angel got majorly shafted. I was half-expecting the movie to be almost entirely about him.

Similar to Rogue in X1.

at least rogue was central to the main plot in x1...

i can't believe they had, angel, beast, cyclops, jean and iceman all in the same film and didn't do an easter egg cameo...

Beast was my favorite part of X3. The only redeeming quality, if any.

Angel got majorly shafted. I was half-expecting the movie to be almost entirely about him.

Similar to Rogue in X1.

Angel just had a symbolic role (he symbolised 'difference', the mistreatment/misunderstanding of that 'difference', choice to remain different, and freedom), and was an inciting character. He was the reason the cure existed, he was the reason the school definitely stayed open.

If they'd just added a little more, like a scene of him with his father after saving him, that would have rounded out his story.

at least rogue was central to the main plot in x1...

i can't believe they had, angel, beast, cyclops, jean and iceman all in the same film and didn't do an easter egg cameo...

I think forcing in an Easter egg cameo might have been a bit much.

Filming an extra scene just for fans on the DVD might have worked. But forcing the storyline to accommodate it might not have worked.

the fact that a plot was written knowing all these characters were going to be in it and not filmed at the same time is a great shame.

cyclops should have gone to get warren and beast, iceman should have stowed away and they should have all gone to alkali lake to find jean.

voila screen time together.

scott gets isolated with jean, she evaporates/teleports him away and knocks everyone else out, wolverine goes in to pick them all up and bring them back for medical attention.

film carries on as usual but old team warren and beast are more involved and fuse with younger team by the hinge of iceman.

What we got instead was just a crap bit of crap.

Cyclops because he didn't get that much development as leader nor Jean's b.f. or husband

Xavier because they failed to show how involved he is with mutant affairs, they made seem like he built the school and just hid in the school

I've never seen Piotr as a major character just some dialogue here and their and the muscle of the team

I think all the best characters got shafted! But Angel was at least an interesting mutant to feature. What the hell was that porcupine dude? what a pumpernickel mutant! It was rubbish!

I think all the best characters got shafted! But Angel was at least an interesting mutant to feature. What the hell was that porcupine dude? what a pumpernickel mutant! It was rubbish!

Dude, 'that porcupine dude' was Quill, a minor comicbook mutant.

He's named as Kid Omega, another comicbook mutant, in the credits, which used the wrong name or a name the character had in early drafts.

Kitty. She was only needed for the juggernaut thing and that could have been written with a different character in mind. She should have stayed as a cameo

Kitty. She was only needed for the juggernaut thing and that could have been written with a different character in mind.

Like who? Who else can pass through solid objects?

Like who? Who else can pass through solid objects?

that isn't what I mean. I'm talking about changing it to suit another character and their powers because in the end the whole sequence was just a showcase that kitty can walk through walls which we knew from X1

that isn't what I mean. I'm talking about changing it to suit another character and their powers because in the end the whole sequence was just a showcase that kitty can walk through walls which we knew from X1

Right. But if, for example, we'd had a Colossus v Juggernaut fight (which seems an obvious showdown to have) it would simply be two people crashing through buildings and then be dismissed as a cliche smackdown fight. I thought the use of Kitty both as a cause of conflict in the Rogue/Bobby romance and as a non-physical threat to Juggernaut were fine.

There were so many possibilities for clashes and power displays in the final battle that they were never going to please everyone.

Right. But if, for example, we'd had a Colossus v Juggernaut fight (which seems an obvious showdown to have) it would simply be two people crashing through buildings and then be dismissed as a cliche smackdown fight. I thought the use of Kitty both as a cause of conflict in the Rogue/Bobby romance and as a non-physical threat to Juggernaut were fine.

There were so many possibilities for clashes and power displays in the final battle that they were never going to please everyone.

Rogue never needed kitty to make her feel like she needed the cure. She wanted it ever since she saw the advert. I think the whole situation really stems from the unnecessary additions of Kitty and Colossus and subtraction of Rogue and Cyclops. Whenever Cyclops is around I always feel like the team slots into their natural place behind their leader and they know their roles in crisis. Without him it seems odd.

Thinking about it the climax would have fitted better if we had the proper Cyclops confrontation of Phoenix and Jean's self sacrifice. Wolverine vs. Juggernaut, Pyro vs. Iceman, Storm taking on the hoards of mutants and Callisto, Rogue curing Magneto (culminating both her cure plot and what he did to her in X1) with Angel getting Leech and Beast staying the same.

Rogue never needed kitty to make her feel like she needed the cure. She wanted it ever since she saw the advert. I think the whole situation really stems from the unnecessary additions of Kitty and Colossus and subtraction of Rogue and Cyclops. Whenever Cyclops is around I always feel like the team slots into their natural place behind their leader and they know their roles in crisis. Without him it seems odd.

Thinking about it the climax would have fitted better if we had the proper Cyclops confrontation of Phoenix and Jean's self sacrifice. Wolverine vs. Juggernaut, Pyro vs. Iceman, Storm taking on the hoards of mutants and Callisto, Rogue curing Magneto (culminating both her cure plot and what he did to her in X1) with Angel getting Leech and Beast staying the same.

I agree Cyclops makes the team slot into their natural place. But it's not what the studio wanted, obviously. Cyclops had one leadership scene, when they went to Liberty Island in X1. Nothing else. They wouldn't have cast a B-list TV actor if they wanted Cyclops to have a starring role.

(By the way, it's 'hordes' when you mean crowds of people; a hoard is a stash of treasure.)

pretty much every character was pointless as they all had little development.
X Men was basically the wolverine show.

One of the most pointless was Juggernaut.

He is an important character in the comics, but the way they used him was pathetic. I would have prefered not have seen him in X3, before what we get.

I agree Cyclops makes the team slot into their natural place. But it's not what the studio wanted, obviously. Cyclops had one leadership scene, when they went to Liberty Island in X1. Nothing else. They wouldn't have cast a B-list TV actor if they wanted Cyclops to have a starring role.

(By the way, it's 'hordes' when you mean crowds of people; a hoard is a stash of treasure.)

Well the studio was disastrously wrong and probably don't care.

(meh typos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"