most pointless Character

Psylocke and Colossus(dude got no character development whatsoever).

Most wasted Rogue the cure plot should've had a greater strain on her, plus finding out that her man might be getting too close to another girl... my 2 cents

I didn't mind Cyclops and Rogue not being in it for a much time, as they had already been main characters in the other X-men movies. The most pointless would have been either colossus- as he was a good guy and needed to be developed more, Angel- he just needed a bit of a bigger role at the end and not just save his father and never be seen again, or multiple man- could have used him to make the army huge in the final battle.

Cyclops was a supporting character at best in all 3.

Colossus - Although they maintain minor roles, some of the characters mentioned actually do serve a purpose. Colossus, however, is nothing more than Wolverine's glorified pitching machine.

Warren 3rd :huh:

Even in Marvel Mutant world a live action man w/ wings should have stolen the show.

pretty much every character was pointless as they all had little development.
X Men was basically the wolverine show.
**SPOILERS AHEAD**

I agree. This movie was more about the actors playing the parts (i.e. Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry) rather than the story of the X-Men. Gotta give those A-list actors more screen time cuz they get paid the big bucks and "supposedly" put butts in the movie theater seats. But the movie is called "X-Men The Last Stand", not "Hugh Jackman The Last Stand". I think that's what p!ssed me off the most. How can you make an X-Men movie without having Cyclops/Scott as a main character, especially when this particular movie basically centered around Jean Grey and the Phoenix? This studio managed to do it (have Cyclops as a "supporting character"), not once, but three times! And I have nothing against James Marsden, in fact, I can only ever see him as Cyclops now, even with what little screen time he had. I don't mind the love triangle between Scott/Jean/Logan either, it's an intricate part of the X-Men saga. But it was always Jean and Scott at the heart of it. So it should have been Scott saving/killing Jean at the end of the movie. Not Wolverine. I don't give a flying frig what actor played each part. I didn't go see any of these movies to see Marsden/Jannsen/Jackman. I went to see Cyclops/Phoenix/Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men. So, in short, all of the characters in this movie were pointless, because it wasn't about them, it was about how well-known the actors were who played the parts. Don't get me wrong, I own the first two X-Men movies on DVD even though IMO they still didn't portray the characters as well as I would have liked. But I just couldn't bring myself to buy the third movie. The characters were just butchered too much, not to mention Cyclops gets "killed off" in the first 1/3 of the film. That was the first wtf for me. There were others, but the last straw was the ending between Phoenix and Wolverine. That was a BIG wtf? Anyway, sorry for the rant. It's been churning in my gut since the movie came out how long ago? Doesn't matter. It's not like I'll be seeing it again.

I just said that in case there was anyone reading my rant who hadn't seen the movie yet. :yay:

I wouldn't expect anyone who hadn't to be in this forum, but that's very considerate of you.:cwink:

I would say every character was pointless since X1 except for Logan. The overuse of Wolverine and the lack of equal character development just made everybody else look pointless storywise.

Trask...

Could have gotten a lot more from him such as project wide awake and seen actual sentinels in battle instead of just a silhouette in the danger room.

And why did they cast Bill Duke to play Trask? To make him stand out from the rest of the seceretaries and make him more ruthless? Or just to put the token black guy in the film and make him a White House rep?

Trask should of been huge and said something about sentinals. The ending would of had sentinels could of saved it

Colossus "Yeah she took off."

Psylocke "They want to exterminate us!"/"Going somewhere?"

'nuff said, or not enough said in fact

but i will say the mutant throwing those knive things at Wolverine in the forest had more character than any of the 2 above.....and he didnt even say anything. :wolverine

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"