Comics Spider-Man a Vampire in Blade #1 !

MyPokerShirt

Sidekick
Reaction score
And here I thought it was just a promotional cover released before, but it looks like they ARE going to have Spider-Man feature as a Vampire:

Couldn't see this up yet. Thought it deserves some attention on the spidey boards.

The star of three blockbuster movies and a hit television series is finally getting what he deserves…his very own ongoing comic series. Blade #1 sees the return of the Blade to his own comic and he’s taking on all comers, whether it be supervillain or supernatural.

Guest-starring Spider-Man, Blade #1 firmly plants the vampire hunter in the Marvel Universe as he has to help cure an undead Wall-Crawler who’s been turned into a vampire himself.

And if that wasn’t enough, the Lord of the Undead, Dracula, makes an appearance. But what’s scarier than the most fearsome vampire in history? How about Blade having to face down an entire classroom of bloodsucking fourth graders? And all of this is just in the first issue!

The Blade team of Howard Chaykin (New Avengers, American Flagg) and Marc Guggenheim (Wolverine, CSI: Miami) along with breakout cover artist sensation Marko Djurdjevic are set to bring you the most action-packed comic on the stands each month. Get onboard for a suspenseful, edge-of-your seat monster mash of a comic set right in the heart of the Marvel Universe.

Be sure to pick up Blade #1 because this self-contained first issue is perfect for longtime fans, fans of the movie or TV show, and new readers alike.

BLADE #1 (JUL061951)
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Penciled by HOWARD CHAYKIN
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
FOC – 8/31, On Sale – 9/20/2006

It'll never be referenced in the spider-man comics, Blade should really just stake him and its weird to hear people call SM "Parker" but overall this looks cool.
Original link:
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=81722

Theres better work art somewhere.

that wasnt even english!
if you meant there's better artwork somewhere then yeah the cover looks stunning, but they've just released inside pages from it and this one kinda summed up the changes in SM recently as well as showing SM really is a vamp in this.

The cover art was great... but after seeing the interior pages... I'll be saving my money. Which is a good thing.

Dang I read the 6 page preview nothing grabed me guess I won't be picking up blade.

I know, i hate it when the cover art is THAT much better. so sad *tear shed*
I'm going to give it a go, just to see vampire Spider-Man, but doubt i'll get into the series. Can't see it lasting long, personally

this book will suck so much it isnt even funny.... maybe a lil

But you've gotta have love for a head-suckin' spi-- oops! they already did that, didn't they...

just looks like spiderman is gonna have his butt handed to him again...does blade even have any powers to rival spidermans?

Nice. I was looking forward to the new Blade series and right from the start Spider-man appears. Nice. :) Another reason to pick it up.

Well hybrid, not a full blown vampire I believe. Then again, not really sure what they've done with comic Blade since this is my first time reading about him instead of the movies and show.

The art doesn't bother me to much. Hell my favorite comic at the moment beside Ultimate Spider-man is X-Factor and that isn't really that easy on the eyes itself. Art, like X-Factors, will just take some getting used to. Just hope the writing is good (that's what kept me in X-Factor in the beginning until I got used to the art).

I just hope this means Blade will show up more in other series. After three successful movies (granted Trinity was the worse of the bunch and even Snipes himself was pissed how the directors tried to showcase the Nightstalkers more then Blade, reason why it wasn't as good as it should have been I feel) you'd think he'd have shown up more in recent years. What I hear he hasn't and it's a shame.

yaaaay.... More proof Spider-Man doesn't have any sense, much less a "spider sense." Way to use Spider-Man to sell your book that no one's going to buy.

Effect said:
Nice. I was looking forward to the new Blade series and right from the start Spider-man appears. Nice. :) Another reason to pick it up.

Well hybrid, not a full blown vampire I believe. Then again, not really sure what they've done with comic Blade since this is my first time reading about him instead of the movies and show.

The art doesn't bother me to much. Hell my favorite comic at the moment beside Ultimate Spider-man is X-Factor and that isn't really that easy on the eyes itself. Art, like X-Factors, will just take some getting used to. Just hope the writing is good (that's what kept me in X-Factor in the beginning until I got used to the art).

I just hope this means Blade will show up more in other series. After three successful movies (granted Trinity was the worse of the bunch and even Snipes himself was pissed how the directors tried to showcase the Nightstalkers more then Blade, reason why it wasn't as good as it should have been I feel) you'd think he'd have shown up more in recent years. What I hear he hasn't and it's a shame.

:o
X-factors art is amazing. Just -- amazing. Next you'll be telling me you don't like Daredevil's... don't do that.

Marvel's flagship character raped, yet again... I swear Joe Quesada MUST be on Norman Osborn's payroll... at least Blade will off him instead of Buffy... she'll prolly do Spidey and then kill him...

Venomfan said:
just looks like spiderman is gonna have his butt handed to him again...does blade even have any powers to rival spidermans?

You don't need many powers when you have Joey Q on your side.

With him on your side, Spidey doesn't stand a chance.:(

MyPokerShirt said:
:o
X-factors art is amazing. Just -- amazing. Next you'll be telling me you don't like Daredevil's... don't do that.

My taste might simply be different from yours. I like my art to be clear and have a certain style. I think Hulk's art is great. I really enjoy the Uncanny X-men's art, X-men's, Annihilation's and the minis. Ultimate Spider-man's art is my top favorite at the moment, so was New Avengers before the Civil War tie ins. Senstational Spider-man's was great as well. I don't didn't originally care for the art in X-Factor or Daredevil. I just don't care for that style. Which is why I'm not really crazy about Civil War's actual art.

I thought X-Factors art in the beginning was ugly, simple as that. It was hard to define certain things due to the style. It still is I feel but I'm used to it now.

As a result certain styles take a while to get used to as I read and I'm willing to try to deal with certain art if there is a title I want to read or if I think the story is interesting enough. I just get used to it after a while and tend to over look things.

I love reading manga and that is in black and white. Honestly in general I find manga art to be more enjoyable then normal colored comics. So really what I like and dislike tends end up on a case by case basis with colored comics in the end.

I'm assuming this isn't in continuity? I mean, Spider-Man as a vampire seems really out of the blue.

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
Marvel's flagship character raped, yet again... I swear Joe Quesada MUST be on Norman Osborn's payroll... at least Blade will off him instead of Buffy... she'll prolly do Spidey and then kill him...
Yep. Another Quesada attempt to exploit it's most famous character in order to sell more magazines. Blade does deserve his own comic series, but the writing in the previous two series was WAAAYYYY below standards. Avri Arad was able to make Blade into a household name with the movie releases in the 90s, but Marvel hasn't been able to transpose that movie magic into the comics. The character itself has many traits which should be identifiable/popular with many readers nowadays......martial arts skills, dark, brooding. It's blows my mind how Marvel hasn't been able to make this character work in comics. Why not incorporate the "Whistler" character into the mythos? He could be to Blade what "Stick" was to Daredevil. (I'm more familiar with the "old-school" blade...before he was a hybrid. If the Whistler character has already been introduced then my apologies).

KingOfDreams said:
I'm assuming this isn't in continuity? I mean, Spider-Man as a vampire seems really out of the blue.

Since when is everyday of Spider-man's life accounted for? This could easily be fitted into continuity. For all one knows this could take place over the span of a few days or even a day or a few hours.

ragingdemon155 said:
You don't need many powers when you have Joey Q on your side.

With him on your side, Spidey doesn't stand a chance.:(

hey maybe one day it will be wolverine getting kicked around, i mean hes up there in the same popularity league as spider-man, and well wolvy used to be my 2nd fav super hero...maybe still is...but the way hes become like more powerful then anyone nowadays really pisses me off, so kick him around

Effect said:
Since when is everyday of Spider-man's life accounted for? This could easily be fitted into continuity. For all one knows this could take place over the span of a few days or even a day or a few hours.

I guess so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"