Comics Your Top Five Favorite Comics starring Spider-man

Sloth7d

Escapist
Reaction score
Its as the title saids. I'll starts things off.
ASM#436
Spider-mans rematch against the Black Tarantula!!! One of Spider-mans greatest fight imo. Not even titanium Hydra robots were enough to slow BT down. And with BT being my favorite Spider-man villain, you can see how this made #1 on my list.
http://www.allsf.net/Images/SFbd/US1/Spiderman 425.jpg
ASM#425

Trully the best showing of Electro. Infact, I'd say its Electro at his very best. The guy pwned Nate Grey (and in areasonable way) in this book. I've always felt he was a villain who's potential has yet to be tapped, but this comic proves me wrong. Even though its the only comic that really demonstrates his potential. Plus Spider-man had a cool new Spider-suit in this comic. Easily makes number 2 on my list.

ASM#428 Its the return of one of Spideys greatest foes. Doc Ock. Nuff said!

Now so far you can see most of the story arcs I've enjoyed came from DeFalcos run,and who could blame me, but thats not ALL I enjoy.

Uncanny X-men #346
This comic was awesome, and further demonstrates how strong Spider-mans webbing is. Writers need to remember, this guys webbing can support entire cars without giving. Normal humans like Elektra and Wolverine shouldn't be able to tear it so easily or at all. Hell, any of Spider-mans battles with any of regular human(Cap, Elektra, DareDevil, Jigsaw) should end with Spider-man webbing them and it being over in the first few seconds.Now for an X-men comic, the only mutants you see in this issue are Marrow, Callisto, and a breif cameo of Gambit.Ha, thats because the only real star in this issue was your friendly neighborhood webhead.

Now for my fith and final choice I don't have the cover art. But Unlimited Access #1 where Spider-man and WonderWoman team up to defeat Juggernaut and Mantis was awesome. It displayed just howwell Spider-man could interact while teamed up with a DCU character. And did I detect WonderWoman having a bit of the hotsfor Spidey? Its just too bad MJ was on the scene to make Peterremember he was married.:p Owell.

Thats my list. Whats you guys favorites?

Amazing Spider-man #365 - One of the first Spider-man comics I ever read. Spider-man vs. Lizard drawn by Bagley? What more can you ask for?

Amazing Spider-man #229-230 - I'll put these together as one. Still today this is my favorite comic book battle ever. Nothing else has even come close to me. The perfect depiction of David and Goliath. Spider-man at this best.

Sensational Spider-man Annual #1 - Showed the strength of MJ's character and how perfect the marriage is when written good. Peter and MJ: Easily the best couple in comics. Wonderful one shot.

Spider-man Unlimited #3- I always felt this was a very powerful issue. Showed a bit of a "human" and "vunerable" side to the character of Doc Ock. Depressing issue through out though.

Amazing Spider-man 361-363 - Carnage's first appearance. When I was younger, I was hooked on the character. This is back when he was an actual threat and reading these issues just gave me chills. Really wish Marvel didn't overdo it with the character and allow him to get stale but whatever....I'll remember Carnage for this arc and damn it was a great one.

I mean, my favorites issues change all the time like most readers. Only ones that really stay consistent on all of my lists is the Juggernaut fight and 375. I tried to stay away from the cliche "121-122" even though they are some of my favorites,lol. Know you said favorite issues and I had some stories in there but meh...harder for me to point out specific issues then to name arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"