Movies You Were WAAYY Too Young For

My sister and I were forever traumatized by a TV movie back in the 80s called Adam, which was about the kidnapping and murder of little Adam Walsh (the son of John Walsh, the guy who hosts America's Most Wanted). It was possibly the most horrifically sad TV movie ever made. My mom didn't realize we were watching it on the TV in our room, she said if she'd known, she would have made us turn the channel.

To this day, anytime my sister sees a little kid wandering off in a store, she always says "But didn't they see Adam?!?!" :csad:

Yeah like I said, most time I don't think its really harmful, but certain film choices are just bad judgement.

I was about 8 the first time I saw silence of the lambs.

I remember watching Resevoir Dogs when I was about 11 or 12 and wondering why the movie ended like 10 minutes in, interpreting the walking scene as an end credits scene. I actually don't think that RS is that bad of a movie to show to an older kid. I guesse it really depends on the kid though.

By 7, I'd seen the first 2 Crows in their entirety, and parts of Silence Of The Lambs. Those are the ones that stick out for me.

My mother likd horror movies so I got to watch a lot of them when I was young , i think it started around 7 , my friends make jokes like "no wonder your so messed up" , lol.

I guess T2 when I was 7 or so. The violence bothered me and Linda Hamilton scared me.

Watched that when I was 13, and didn't know about the atom bomb scene :wow:. Disturbed after that would be an understatement.

I watched Halloween: 20 Years Later at like 3 or 4 when it first came out on VHS.

Watched that when I was 13, and didn't know about the atom bomb scene :wow:. Disturbed after that would be an understatement.

That's already distubing at any age. It still is pretty effective.

The Shining when I was like 12. :)

I saw this when I was about 10, it scared the crap out of me. Luckily I watched with a lot of people in the living room, that helped LOL. I also saw Nice Dreams in the theater when I was about 12. Dont remember how we got in cause I believe it was R rated. We did fool my friends mom into taking us and luckily for us she bought that it was appropriate.

Robocop

Predator

Stephen Kings "It"-Tim Curry scared the hell outta me as a child.

Even though it's a TV show...and the music still scares the living crap out of me.....

Unsolved Mysteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2S6ZQn9lvk

Still the scariest music for me out there lol.

The old theme song, and Robert's voice....still gives me more chills then anything else out there. That and Fire in the Sky scared the crap out of me as a child, and probably still does lol.

Even though it's a TV show...and the music still scares the living crap out of me.....

Unsolved Mysteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2S6ZQn9lvk

Still the scariest music for me out there lol.

The old theme song, and Robert's voice....still gives me more chills then anything else out there.
Seconded. Stack has perhaps the scariest voice ever. Even in Airplane!, it's a little offsetting.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I was four. I appreciate it far more now that I'm older.

My dad took me to see Old school at the drive in, i guesse that would have been like late march of 03 making me 11 at the time lol.

A Nightmare on Elm Street I was 6(1986)

But about movies in general, Was it a good thing having parents that didn't mind me seeing nudity, sex, drug use, violence and gore etc at such a young age? Just seems odd to me
Then again I never copied anything I saw so I'm guessing that knew what they were doing.

Last edited:
I think Halloween. The music scared the crap out of me. Michael did too. The beauty of all this is, it still scares me to this day. Carpenter shot such an exceptional film.

I saw Predator 1, 2, the Alien movies, Terminators etc when I was like 5. I loved them.

I think Halloween. The music scared the crap out of me. Michael did too. The beauty of all this is, it still scares me to this day. Carpenter shot such an exceptional film.

I dont know, Halloween's kind of a weird one for me... I love the first one to death, but scare-wise, it just doesn't do much for me anymore.

I saw the first 'Death wish' when i was far too young, maybe 7 or something, horror fantasy movies are one thing, you can file those away under 'not real', even at that age, but I was quite disturbed by the set-up in DW as it was something very real that could happen to anybody. That kind of hung about in my brain for a while and worried me a lot when it came to family members.

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. I asked my mom what a "clitoris" was.

I have to give my parents credit in this area. They were very strict about what I watched and now I'm the same way with my kids. There is plenty of time for the mature-themed things when you are older.

Of course, like most kids, I decided to push the boundaries a couple of times. I got up in the middle of the night and watched a couple of horror movies on the then-new home movie channels. I can't remember the names because this was over 25 years ago but I remember getting the crap scared out of me a couple of times. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"