Sequels Mr. Mxypltk on the way for SR sequel??

umm....showtime...if you were referring to me...i know what tongue-in-cheek means......it means jokingly.

I didn't start this thread, and I'm not taking it too seriously either.........my posts were all made.....tongue-in-cheek.....lol

HAHA. Even a simple joke sends some people into a tizzy. God, can you imagine if he even joked about Jason putting on a Super-costume? :p

I think many of you have no clue what "tongue in cheek" means.

Exactly. Superman fans need to lighten up even though that is hard given the last year.

Hey, I'm expecting zip from D&H as writers but even I, "hater" that I am, know that even this crew would not go there.

umm....showtime...if you were referring to me...i know what tongue-in-cheek means......it means jokingly.

I didn't start this thread, and I'm not taking it too seriously either.........my posts were all made.....tongue-in-cheek.....lol

I already said I wasn't refering to you my friend. :yay:

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Mxyzptlk could be a good villain. Imagine SUperman having to figure out an altered reality ala some of the SUperman/ Batman arcs from that comic. Then he has to decide what to do to right things. Mxy doesn't have to be silly, I think his type of powers could create a really dangerous and different kind of scenario than we've seen in any other comic book film.

You could make Mxy less humorous, more dangerous and I think it could be an interesting concept. Check out Mxy in "What Ever Happened To The Man of Tommorrow?" He's not exactly funny in that story.

He's also not much of a character in it, either. If you think about it as a film (without much alteration from page to screen), he'd have very little screentime. Sure, he's behind pretty much...everything. But if you keep his reveal, his entire character, until that climax...that's not much character at all. I don't see Singer & Co. going that route with their villain. Clearly, they like having the audience KNOW their villain. Hell, Singer's made non-superhero films ABOUT knowing villainy, getting familiar with the face of evil.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Mxyzptlk could be a good villain. Imagine SUperman having to figure out an altered reality ala some of the SUperman/ Batman arcs from that comic. Then he has to decide what to do to right things. Mxy doesn't have to be silly, I think his type of powers could create a really dangerous and different kind of scenario than we've seen in any other comic book film.

Those Bats/Supes arcs where horrible. Complete dreck, I don't even want them to exist in comic book form let alone film. Oh, Loeb you used to be good :csad: But yeah, Mxypixwhatever sucks as does Bat-Mite Loeb needs a swift kick in the balls for reminding the world Bat-Mite exists. I'm so dissapointed, Public Enemies and Supergirl weren't bad.

Rant over.

By the way there's (Or maybe was) three threads in the SR Sequel boards.

You could make Mxy less humorous, more dangerous and I think it could be an interesting concept. Check out Mxy in "What Ever Happened To The Man of Tommorrow?" He's not exactly funny in that story.

If and only if he were treated like Q from Star Trek.

If Mxyzptlk is Mxyzptlk then it's silly. I don't see a respectable Superman movie with buildings walking and giant pencils ala Alice in Wonderland. Oh and the way to defeat him? Super-strenght? A special weapon? Only a willpower beyond the human limit? No, to make him say Kltpzyxm... ftw

ok.....I know this Mr. M talk is just a joke. But, IF they were to use him....then the only way I could think of would be to do something like his character in Smallville.

That is, he would have a human form ( at least the form we see him as ), be a sort-of mysterious magic type character..........then again.....no

I just don't see how they would do Mr. M. now, they could just mention his name.....like in a newspaper story or something....

or....maybe.....Lois can receive a tip from a mysterious "source" whose internet screename is Mr. Mxy..........that might work as a nod to the character, without making him an imp from another dimension.....

if they want to do mind-altering/reality warping stuff.......bring in BRANIAC!

oh, and showtime, I didn't know that you were not referring to me......my bad......sorry. :)

ok....no problem, showtime. :)

btw.....i'm seriously thinking of retiring the super-bats moniker and adopting a new user name ( something spider-man related.....to reflect my changing tastes).

you'll know that it's me, though. ;)

ok....no problem, showtime. :)

btw.....i'm seriously thinking of retiring the super-bats moniker and adopting a new user name ( something spider-man related.....to reflect my changing tastes).

you'll know that it's me, though. ;)

Do they let you change the name or do you have to open a new screenname?

i think i have to open a new screenname.....:(

i guess that would mean i'd lose my current number of posts......so that is something I'd have to consider.

well....if the imp was used, they could just use that as an excuse to "retconn" SR and start over.........SR was just a dream! A weird, alternate, parralell dimension......a mindtrick................Superman should not have eaten the kryptonite laced skittles!

they are not gonna restart the superman franchise , so everybody shut the hell up with that.

If and only if he were treated like Q from Star Trek.

That's kind of what I had in mind. He can be there to taunt, challenge and demoralize SUperman as Superman tries to right things.

Can we think of anyone who could really successfully play Mxyzpltkz (or however the Hell it's spelled)?

Gilbert Godfried.....SON OF A B****!!

lol

I hope they replace Routh with Welling.....just because I enjoy forum controversy. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"