Sequels Mr. Mxypltk on the way for SR sequel??

Kal-el_from_Rio

Civilian
Reaction score
Just read that on the SuperHeroHype's main page and SCI FI Wire. Here's an excerpt:

Michael Dougherty, co-writer of last year's Superman Returns, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming sequel will feature at least one villain drawn from the DC Comics franchise. Or more than one? "Maybe," Dougherty said coyly in an interview on the set of his upcoming supernatural horror film Trick 'r Treat in Vancouver, Canada, on Jan. 15. "It's [Mr.] Myxyzptlk," he added, with tongue in cheek.

Dougherty said that it's likely he and his Superman Returns writing partner Dan Harris will again work with Singer on the sequel. "We're talking," Dougherty said. "We're bouncing ideas around with Bryan. Big ideas. Action-packed ideas."

Singer has said the next installment will be along the lines of the second Star Trek film, and Dougherty said the comparison is apt. "I think it's going to be a more action-oriented film," he said. "Again, the easy comparison to make was [X-Men] to X2, or Star Trek [The Motion Picture] to Star Trek II. I mean, I know that Bryan has said he's going to Wrath of Khan it, and by that he means, 'Let's take what we've already established—we've gotten that out of the way—and let's just make it shorter, tighter and more action-packed."

The only problem now is the wait...

Hope this hasn´t been threaded already...

Thanks:yay: , but yep there are multiple thread on that subject.

Ps the [Mr.] Myxyzptlk quote is a joke ;)

^It has been threaded, in the sequel forum, and i think he was only joking about the imp.

well....if the imp was used, they could just use that as an excuse to "retconn" SR and start over.........SR was just a dream! A weird, alternate, parralell dimension......a mindtrick................Superman should not have eaten the kryptonite laced skittles!

well....if the imp was used, they could just use that as an excuse to "retconn" SR and start over.........SR was just a dream! A weird, alternate, parralell dimension......a mindtrick................Superman should not have eaten the kryptonite laced skittles!
Lol:D why don't we try to focus on the sequel in this thread ? :cwink:

As for the news : nothing really new:o :woot: , but it reaffirm that Singer wan't to go all X2. (or wrath of Khan ):hyper:

Interesting. I bet they have been throwing ideas around to see if they stick and maybe Dan Harris i hashing some of it out while Mike is on set.

I hope that stupid character never be in a movie!

He wont be..."tongue in cheek"...it's a joke.

Mr Mxypztlk is a stupid character, if they want to do a comedy and more screen time for the kid = O.K.

They have to compete with movies like Spider Man 3 or Spider Man 2, if they want to satisfy the audience. Action packed and entertaining superhero movies.

Thats Supermans biggest problem to me he really has no real interesting villains to battle how man times can he fight Darksied, braniac and luthor in the comics before it gets old? In recent years they have become a joke anyway with my personal favourite darksied routinely getting his ass kicked.

ummm.....i seriously doubt they would make Mxy a villain.......generally, i think ppl don't like characters when its hard to spell or pronounce their names......

so......it better be a joke...........

thank god it's a joke... I never want to see that imp in a movie.

That somebody like or not Singer , we are talking about a director who treat material seriously , he would never use that kind of character.

even more you really think that Dougherty would reveal who is the villain right now? ( and tongue in cheekly. )

Myxyzptlk? That better be a joke. He's one of the worst ideas for a super-anything that one could think of.

I think many of you have no clue what "tongue in cheek" means.

tongue in cheek means jokingly........no????

Yeah, I was refering to you buddy.

I think many of you have no clue what "tongue in cheek" means.
Yup.

and i wonder if some just read the title of this thread.

can't it be edited?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"