• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ms. Marvel becomes Captain Marvel

I don't get it, people love Lenil Yu but hate this artist. I don't see the difference between the two personally. The styles are identical, IMO.

People can be funny like that sometimes. Captain America's live action "Avengers" costume is mostly accurate but some fans still don't like that the wings are only painted on rather than sticking out.

I don't get it, people love Lenil Yu but hate this artist. I don't see the difference between the two personally. The styles are identical, IMO.
Leinil Yu understands basic human anatomy. Dexter Soy does not. Also, Yu draws in backgrounds about 90% of the time. Love or hate Yu's style, he definitely ain't lazy. Soy's backgrounds are largely blobs of color that kinda sorta take the shape of recognizable things.

In conclusion: Dexter Soy sucks. Fact.

Soy's CM is the first art Ive ever seen of him. He's amazing. Id love it when he is done with this book if he gets a bigger gig at Marvel. Loved to see him on an Avengers title as he drew them great in this issue

I hate Carol's mask but I love how it comes off and on. I thought the artisic take on that was neat

Soy would mark an immediate drop for me on any comic he winds up on. So, basically, I hope he never gets assigned to Thor or anything I actually care about. Captain Marvel's fine since I wasn't too into the story in #1 anyway.

Put me on the Soy = drop bandwagon. Found it hard to read Captain Marvel because the art was atrocious. Him ending up on a major book would be worst possible scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, Soy hate is strong here. Let's play a game.

Soy or Ramos?
Soy or Bachalo?
Soy or Quesada? :D

The book came out less than a week ago...those numbers arent out yet

The book came out less than a week ago...those numbers arent out yet

I always assumed the comic book industry processed sales quickly, but I'm just more used to box office results being processed quickly. :O

Soy or Ramos?
Soy or Bachalo?

I'd take Bachalo and Quesada over Soy pretty quickly, Ramos... Eh, flip a coin.

It's very rare that I find the artwork in a book so bad that I skim through it instead of taking my time, this book was one of them.

How about option #4, I volunteer for the Joker's disappearing pencil trick from TDK? :o
Soy draws an amazing Joker too :)

P1050841.JPG

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/18/10-things-about-captain-marvel-issue-1/
Bleeding Cool reviews the new Captain Marvel. While it's nice to see that Carol Danvers doesn't look as butch in the interior panels - yet - as she does on all those godawful promo pics- yet - the interior artwork still isn't very good. It looks like someone ingested paint and then vomited the paint all over the page. Also the "Ms. Marvel Unmasked" part - correct me if I'm wrong but didn't her real name become public knowledge during the Civil War fiasco?

I'm pretty sure the ranks thing is wrong. Cap's the commander of all US superhuman forces now. Plus, wasn't there something before that that basically placed him at one of the higher general ranks anyway? "Captain" is essentially just part of the name.

Soy or Ramos?
Soy or Bachalo?
Soy
Bachalo
F*** you.

Last edited:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/18/10-things-about-captain-marvel-issue-1/
Bleeding Cool reviews the new Captain Marvel. While it's nice to see that Carol Danvers doesn't look as butch in the interior panels - yet - as she does on all those godawful promo pics- yet - the interior artwork still isn't very good. It looks like someone ingested paint and then vomited the paint all over the page. Also the "Ms. Marvel Unmasked" part - correct me if I'm wrong but didn't her real name become public knowledge during the Civil War fiasco?
Yes it did, but the headline was going for a strictly literal interpretation. Whereas she wore a mask in her last costume, she didnt have one for the article where she gets candid about her recent changes. Unmasked can also be taken to refer to her opening up and revealing more about herself

I'm pretty sure the ranks thing is wrong. Cap's the commander of all US superhuman forces now. Plus, wasn't there something before that that basically placed him at one of the higher general ranks anyway? "Captain" is essentially just part of the name.
It was a joke. Both are "captains" via their codenames but she is an actual colonel. Colonel outranks captain in the air force, which she served, hence that line

Yeah, I know it was a joke and I know what the relative ranks mean. I was referring to the statement in that link Panthro posted where the writer claimed it was true.

Yeah, I know it was a joke and I know what the relative ranks mean. I was referring to the statement in that link Panthro posted where the writer claimed it was true.
She mentions her rank in terms to where she was when she left the service. Maybe that writer is applying it to Cap from when he left back in the 40s

This image is gorgeous. It needs to be a cover

She mentions her rank in terms to where she was when she left the service. Maybe that writer is applying it to Cap from when he left back in the 40s

This image is gorgeous. It needs to be a cover

Meh... I'm still not feeling it.

Better than the interiors, certainly. Soy seems to be one of those artists who can make some good pin-ups but can't tell a story to save his life.

I prefer the artwork from the Reed Ms. Marvel run.

I haven't picked the book up yet. Frankly, although it seems fitting to have her take over the Captain Marvel Moniker, I liked Ms. Marvel the way she was. All she needed was awesome writing and an awesome love interest, supporting cast and role (Ms. Marvel: Agent of Sword, anyone?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"