Munich 2-disc DVD

Orko Is King

Avenger
Reaction score
Did something happen with the release of this set? I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they only had the single disc and the WM exclusive set. I check on Amazon today and they don't have it either. I go to eBay to find it and it's fetching $35+. Was it a very limited release or something?:confused:

Orko Is King said:
Did something happen with the release of this set? I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they only had the single disc and the WM exclusive set. I check on Amazon today and they don't have it either. I go to eBay to find it and it's fetching $35+. Was it a very limited release or something?:confused:
Its limited to jews only :O

I picked it up at Barnes and Noble yesterday.

Aw, such a GREAT movie. Really I can't understand how this lost to Crash and was behind BBM (overrated Hollywood Oscar cliches). This was better and so was Capote. Goodnight and Good Luck should have won easily though.

Anyway I forgot how good this is. It operates as a standard thriller at first but it has a lot of depth and the way it is written feels like a subtle stage play (probably because of Kuschner's involvement, as no one generally accuses Speilberg as subtle) and the cinematography and pacing is sharp and beautiful. The acting excellent and the movie attacks the psychological and moral consequences (as well as the political) are presented starkly with no easy answers. In fact, there is no real answer to any of the questions at the end. All that is left is muddled confusion and the loss of moral ideals.

This is one of Speilberg's best in nearly a decade really.

I found it at Best Buy. They had 2 left when I got there Tuesday morning and had a butt load of the single discs.

BatJeff7786 said:
I found it at Best Buy. They had 2 left when I got there Tuesday morning and had a butt load of the single discs.

How much was it there?

NOFX said:
Its limited to jews only :O

Was that really necessary? And if anything, this film sympathizes with the Arabs.

Orko Is King said:
How much was it there?
Too much.

$28.99

Its not really worth it. The little book it comes with is just a bunch of photos they put together from when Oscar season came around, and they put it in issues of Variety (the magazine). I haven't looked too much at the second disk yet though.

Gamma Ray said:
Was that really necessary? And if anything, this film sympathizes with the Arabs.
No, Munich is just another "Lets feel sorry for the jews" movie.

NOFX said:
No, Munich is just another "Lets feel sorry for the jews" movie.
That has to be the most misinterpreted view of a movie I have ever seen.

NOFX have you even seen this movie you bloody moron?!

It was not saying that the Islamist (not to be mistaken as just Muslim) extremists that kidnapped and murdered the Israeli athletes were right, but it was in fact an evil action. However, the movie rasises the question that if the best response to violence is vengful counterviolence? It may be just but it only strains the relationship between those who already misunderstand one another (it never says either side is right to want to lay claim of the land, but rather establishes both sides point of view and makes clear there is no good answer to this).....it is a plea for peace and saying that this is not the way to go about it and we still aren't.

It never says one side has better claim than the other, but it DOES say both sides did evil acts and tries to understand why.

Anyone who says it is just a pro-Jew or pro-PLo terrorism movie is a complete and utter moron.

I'm done now.

I thought the move was great. Though...the only scene I felt was not needed was when Bana has the orgasm at the same moment as he's thinking of the murders of the hostages....felt a little tacky to me.

Imagine they did a scene where a fireman is having a orgasm as he thinks about the plane flying into the WTC

They were basically just saying that the events of Munich and what Avner did affected his psyche so much that he can't even enjoy sex or anything else anymore. I could see where people can misinterpret it though.

Relax guys, I was only joking. Munich is indeed a good movie, although it was a little long for my taste and I would have like to know what happen to Daniel Craig character at the end.

BattJeff is correct. I found the scene a little too heavy handed, however he was not getting off on the murders so much as in horror. This has consumed him so much and the vengeful killings he did in return did not give him peace but only amplified his misery and now between the guilt for what he has done and the fact he is still haunted by the Munich massacre he can no longer find any peace, even while having sex with his wife.

I'm not saying it was a good scenne nor that you should like it, it is all pinion but it wasn't so much about him having an orgasm as his inability to find relief from an orgasm while in his wife though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"