Musicians Who Traditionally Don't Score Movies You Would Like to See Score a Movie?

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
Taking this idea from the Cinema Lounge.

What are some musicians who aren't known for composing scores (like hip hop producers, rock stars, etc.) would you like to see score a movie ?

You know kinda like how Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, RZA, Jonny Greenwood, Daft Punk, etc. tried or are currently doing movie scores

There's a couple of hip hop producers like Madlib, Q-Tip, and Roc Marciano who I think would be great.
(Boondocks actually used this instrumental/song)

Pre-2016 Kanye would've been interesting too.

Other than those, Muse would be really cool.

An out of the box choice but I think Weezer could be really interesting if they go more the metal/hard rock route

RDJ is done as Iron Man but I think a rock influenced score could've been really cool.

Academy Award winning Three 6 Mafia (namely DJ Paul) could probably create a really good horror movie score. Makes sense since they're so influenced by horror and John Carpenter and his darker scores

I always wanted to see Tool score a movie. Their music is so atmospheric that I think they could do a killer movie score, preferably for a horror film.

Tool, more Thom Yorke his score for Suspiria was africkinmazing, and more Trent Reznor I could listen to the Watchmen soundtrack all day and want him to score a horror movie.

I'd second Matt Bellamy. Used to love Muse. There's definitely cinematic potential there. He'd suit something big and crazy.

El-P would be great for something too. I remember hearing a snippet of something he submitted for Blade Runner 2049 which sounded awesome. Moody and neo-noir-ish would be right up his alley.

I'd second Matt Bellamy. Used to love Muse. There's definitely cinematic potential there. He'd suit something big and crazy.

El-P would be great for something too. I remember hearing a snippet of something he submitted for Blade Runner 2049 which sounded awesome. Moody and neo-noir-ish would be right up his alley.
He actually did the score for Trank's Capone movie. I haven't heard to score or seen it yet. But for sure El-P would be great at something moody. He'd be good for any movie genre but I'd prefer sci-fi.

Blade Runner 2049 would've been great for him. Or anything really...it's not like RTJ music isn't used to death in shows, movies, and commercials anyway :ninja:

I think the following ladies could each write an incredibly atmospheric score:

Sarah McLachlan
Natalie Merchant
Tori Amos
Jewel
Sinéad O'Connor

Or if you wanted to go in a more rock, blues-oriented direction:

Melissa Etheridge
Maria McKee
Amy Ray
Emily Saliers

Stealing someone's idea from the Tron sequels thread. M83 would be great

Didn't M83 score Oblivion? Or did you mean they should score a Tron sequel?

A couple of my favorite electronic artists have already scored movies in the past but I wasn't really a fan of how those scores turned out - The Crystal Method for London, and Massive Attack for Unleashed. Orbital's for Event Horizon wasn't bad. I'd like to see Massive Attack do another movie though.

Even though Porcupine Tree sounds like they won't stay together after their upcoming new album, I'd still like to see a score even if it was done by just Steven Wilson.

Last edited:
Didn't M83 score Oblivion? Or did you mean they should score a Tron sequel?

A couple of my favorite electronic artists have already scored movies in the past but I wasn't really a fan of how those scores turned out - The Crystal Method for London, and Massive Attack for Unleashed. Orbital's for Event Horizon wasn't bad. I'd like to see Massive Attack do another movie though.

Even though Porcupine Tree sounds like they won't stay together after their upcoming new album, I'd still like to see a score even if it was done by just Steven Wilson.
Ah I didn't know that

The Glitch Mob has a track that could very well be in a movie.

Chromatics has plenty of their stuff featured in movies and shows but I would love to see them make a whole score.

I only saw part of Oblivion and then fell asleep. I was bored as hell. So I don't even remember the score

IbzsWXG.gif

Watch it again, it's a vibe. :o

Andrew WK would be great

If with Thor they really wanted to go all hard rock/metal with it they should or should've gotten him to do the score

I always think Aphex Twin would do a great score for a horror film. Specifically a sci-fi horror. Something that sounds like a cross between Selected Ambient Works II and Drukqs would be the perfect vibe.

Confrontational would make a killer horror score. They would be right up there with Carpenter (mostly because Cody is on this album lol).

Last edited:
Night Runner would be another good option. I can totally picture this play during something like Top Gun Maverick or to any 80s reboot or sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"