What Video Games Would You Like to See Become Movies?

thejon93

Forever Haunted
Reaction score
Obviously this is the least successful genre in the history of genres but, that's just for now. Submit your ideas for video games that you'd like to see become movie adaptions. Here are some of my picks:

Destroy All Humans: I know that it would seem kind of rediculous if they made this(which I doubt they will but there's still a chance) but I'd like to see Destroy All Humans helmed to the big screen. Really all you would need to expect from this film is pure fun and that's what it's main intent should be. Mindless destruction, cars flipping over, cars exploding, etc. Mainly what I'd like to see from this film is just a simple action, no-brainer, popcorn flick.

Syphon Filter: Honestly one of my favourite PS1 video games ever; pure, classic, genius. This actioner would turn out to be a great film if you ask me that's to the story, action, suspense, but also another thing they can include is a little more character development on the count of Gabe Logan. If they can pull this off it would redefine not only the video game based movie genre, but movies itself.

That's pretty much all of the games I can think of that I want to see helmed to the big screen so far, so how about you. Which video games would you like to see adapted into movies on the big screen?

God of War
Devil May Cry

Metal Gear Solid.

I'm sure that this film is in the works but I could be wrong. Anyhow, those would make great films if done right.
yeah they have a script, written by David Self.
but since March 2007 we didn't get any more news on this.
guess they abandoned the project. too bad if they did. they had gold in their hands.

None. I am fully convinced that Hollywood has no f**king clue how to translate a video game to movie. Heck they can barely translate books. They miss more than they hit.

Gears of War
God of War
Metal Gear Solid
Bullet Witch(good graphics,would of been good if was'nt for bad,bad gameplay)
*I don't play many platform games anymore so i'm kindof outta of the loop..

Metal Gear Solid for sure, Solid Snake would be one of the most badass characters ever. Id vote for Mr. Bale to play him. Also Halo, Gears, a cg Zelda movie, and I want a good Resident Evil adaptation god dammit.

Freedom Fighters

Basically, long story short...Soviets take over New York City and the citizens have to band together as a rebellion and take down the Russians' bases until the climatic fight at the icy waters surrounding the Statue of Liberty.

I could totally see this being done a la V for Vendetta.

Metal Gear Solid for sure, Solid Snake would be one of the most badass characters ever. Id vote for Mr. Bale to play him. Also Halo, Gears, a cg Zelda movie, and I want a good Resident Evil adaptation god dammit.
OMG... you're a GENIUS!!!
That would be amazing to have a great actor like Christian Bale portray the role of one of the most iconic characters in all of video game history.

still holding out for a resident evil movie

ya no ****, talk about the most butchered series in videogame to movie history. Why the **** couldn't they have stuck to claustrophobic horror with lots of cool monsters as opposed to the action bull**** that they put out. The original resident evil was a perfect story template to spin off into a movie with that eerie mansion leading into those creepy as labs. They could of had the dogs, hunters, giant spiders, and finished it off with a tyrant. And where the hell is Albert Wesker in these bull**** movies. It was just such a shame, because given the right directer who can really bring out that creepy atmosphere these movies could have been great. Personally I like David Fincher for the job, especially after seven and alien 3.

Mario Brothers done as close to right as possible:

Mario and Luigi are Brooklyn plumbers. Mario is engaged to Pauline. Either the night he proposes or shortly after they are married, Pauline is killed. Hard times fall on the Brothers, with their old family-run business being outdone by more efficent corporate plumbing (Roto-Rooter lol). Mario turns to the bottle to drown his sorrows. With Luigi's help he breaks out of his alcoholism. Somehow both end up in a wartorn fairytale world, albeit at separate locations.

Mario would embark on a quest to save Peach Toadstool because she bares an uncanny resemblance to his deceased love, Pauline. He would see it as a second chance of sorts.

Super Mario Bros & Friends cgi cartoon movie.

Halo. I still have hope that it might happen someday.

Halo. I still have hope that it might happen someday.
It will, they did it for Doom so they're sure to release an even more popular first-person shoot video game and helm it to the big screen(I just hope that it's better than the Doom movie; which I'm sure it will be because the Halo universe of video games is too well respected to have someone maul it to death).

It will, they did it for Doom so they're sure to release an even more popular first-person shoot video game and helm it to the big screen(I just hope that it's better than the Doom movie; which I'm sure it will be because the Halo universe of video games is too well respected to have someone maul it to death).
Agreed.

Resident Evil(Not the Paul Anderson crap)
Metal Gear Solid
God of War
Legend of Zelda
Contra
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII(Advent Children was good, although I'd love to see a live action version of Final Fantasy VII done the same way as LOTR was.)

my avatar says it all....

...other than that: God of War, Halo, Assassin's Creed, and Chrono Trigger. also, i would never want Ico or Shadow of the Colossus made into movies, but i'd love to see Fumito Ueda (the director for both games) come up with an original premise for a motion picture. his games are beautiful...i can't even imagine what he could do with a movie...

Resident Evil(Not the Paul Anderson crap)
Metal Gear Solid
God of War
Legend of Zelda
Contra
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII(Advent Children was good, although I'd love to see a live action version of Final Fantasy VII done the same way as LOTR was.)
My friend, you're in luck. They are making a Prince of Persia film:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0473075/
I'm sure that this film will finally end the long streak of crappy video game movies:yay:

Silent Hill was pretty decent...no numetal crap!!!

Silent Hill was pretty decent...no numetal crap!!!
I personally hated it. It wasn't scary like the game that it was based on at all; it was just... :sleepy:
(But of course, this is only my opinion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"