Muslim helps Jews attacked on NY Subway

What are you smoking. Does preaching that they are going to Hell not count? The fundamentalists of each church preach some level of intolerance.
no, it doesn't. that is about the individual; that is the individual's one on one relationship with god - it involves no other. the intolerance is to sin, not to other people and cultures. even the sinner is welcome into the faith.

no, it doesn't. that is about the individual; that is the individual's one on one relationship with god - it involves no other. the intolerance is to sin, not to other people and cultures. even the sinner is welcome into the faith.

Tell that to the 700 Club. And don't tell me that they are a fringe element. Pat Robertson has been a trusted liaison of two administrations of the past four.

Now you're talking out of your ass.

not at all. the meaning is that these other religions - even those at salem - have left the middle ages and the mentality of that period (and salem was akin to that mentality) while islam has not.

no, I meant it was misleading because it implies that the mentality was only prevalent during the middle ages, though it was alive in kicking in the 1700's and even to this day in Rwanda for instance.:o

no, I meant it was misleading because it implies that the mentality was only prevalent during the middle ages, though it was alive in kicking in the 1700's and even to this day in Rwanda for instance.:o
no, no, no. that's not what i was implying.

Originally Posted by Mysterio

Tell that to the 700 Club. And don't tell me that they are a fringe element. Pat Robertson has been a trusted liaison of two administrations of the past four.

Do you even watch that show? Like him or hate him, Robertson always offers and invitation to sinners at the end of his show. So, what Mysterio said is true.

I'm out. :hehe:

Do you even watch that show? Like him or hate him, Robertson always offers and invitation to sinners at the end of his show. So, what Mysterio said is true.

I'm out. :hehe:

but then, so does Al-qaeda.
don't they always offer the " convert" option as well?:huh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
you would make a mistake.
you would be able to call it a comparatively young religion, because that's what it is.
plus, if you think Christianity only preached subjugation in the Middle ages you're just lying to yourself.
I see you skipped the part about the Salem witch trials.
how convenient.

Mysterio: No, I didn't skip anything. i included all of what you mentioned when i said deplorable acts committed centuries ago.

The Big 3
1.Crusades
2. Inquisition
3. Salem Witch Trials

:yay: How long ago was that,again??

Quote:
you would be able to call it a comparatively young religion, because that's what it is.
plus, if you think Christianity only preached subjugation in the Middle ages you're just lying to yourself.
how convenient.

The Big 3
1.Crusades
2. Inquisition
3. Salem Witch Trials

300 years ago.
Rwanda was pretty recent though like 14 years or something.
and Tahiti was 200 years ago.
the " civilization of indians" IN the US was 160 years ago, but the practice continued dubiously until the 1970's
the methodist church awesome evangelization of the philipines was a mere 100 years ago.
how about fanatical catholicism in Vietnam during the 1960's ( which caused Buddhists to protest by burning themselves alive) that's pretty recent, right?

not all religions. i don't believe that within Islam, these "extremists" are the minority. to my knowledge, islam is the only religion preaching subjugation of all other peoples and cultures. an act of evil by an individual that is committed in the name of his religion is evil. the pope, protestant bishops, ministers, rabbis, etc., the leaders of those religions are not preaching or condoning those actions; these are not the core of their beliefs. that is not the case for islam.

Well, Christianity has a big skeleton in it's closet right now, pedaphila, which has been swept under the rug. They're basically condoning it by hiding or transferring these priests to other churches, very few, if any, of those priests were given over to the law. So does that mean all Christainity believe pedaphila is either okay or just something that should be swept under the rug?

Quote:
how convenient.

The Big 3
1.Crusades
2. Inquisition
3. Salem Witch Trials

You know, you're right. Christianity has switched from direct aggression to passive-aggressivism. You know, like the Christian community advocating the Bush White House's war tyrade.

They can do just as much damage with only half the blame! Brilliant!! :wow:

You know what? I've learned that I don't have to defend my religion...if people don't like it or think that it's evil, so be it. It's a free country.

That story is cool. I hope those idiots get the maximum jail time allowed. And Wall Crawler 2003 is 110% correct. Christians and Jews are just sneaker and smarter about the evils they commit. And no I'm not bashing. I love smart people regardly of race or religion. One of my life goals is to have a friend from every religion.

300 years ago.
300 ....wow. That long??

Rwanda was pretty recent though like 14 years or something.
The truth about the massacre is that there were murderers and victims from both sides. There are numerous books and articles and each with its own version. Although finding the real truth about it might be a bit difficult, all stories lead to one or two questions: Why did the massacre happen and why did the world as a whole fail to put a stop to it? One thing that is known for a fact is that Hutus and Tutsis are (and have always been) against each other. As a UCLA political science professor, Edmond Keller says, "A combination of historical discrimination and political policies contributed to the tension which culminated in the Rwandan genocide."

and Tahiti was 200 years ago.
You "do" have a time machine don't you? :yay:

the " civilization of indians" IN the US was 160 years ago, but the practice continued dubiously until the 1970's
Not by the church it didn't...

the methodist church awesome evangelization of the philipines was a mere 100 years ago.

What's wrong with offering the gospel?

how about fanatical catholicism in Vietnam during the 1960's ( which caused Buddhists to protest by burning themselves alive) that's pretty recent, right?

Which made them burn themselves alive?? Made them??? LOL MLK protested against something a lot more serious. Never did he tell people to burn themselves alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"