World Mutant: Marvel Universe=Hated, Real World=?

E. Bison said:
1085635345618.jpg
Like I said before, with enough charges, nitroglicerade, and a remote control ANYONE can decimate a city. We are already having the same problems that are going on in Marvel Comics only WITHOUT mutants.

...okay, but once again.

I want to blow up a city. I stockpile all the items, plan out everything and make myself available to get to the proper spots. This could take months to years if I'm acting alone.

Or, I'm Magneto. I stand on the edge of a city and tear every bit of metal out and send it in a glorious tornado of death. This takes an hour at MOST.

Then I pound some gatorade and do it again to four other cities in the same day.

Are we seeing the difference in destruction?

Wolverazio said:
...okay, but once again.

I want to blow up a city. I stockpile all the items, plan out everything and make myself available to get to the proper spots. This could take months to years if I'm acting alone.

Or, I'm Magneto. I stand on the edge of a city and tear every bit of metal out and send it in a glorious tornado of death. This takes an hour at MOST.

Then I pound some gatorade and do it again to four other cities in the same day.

Are we seeing the difference in destruction?
bison3.bmp
No, I see no difference. Same results different time periods that's all. Nobody would expect human terrorist just as much as mutant terrorist. Besides it wouldn't take months to do that. There are people around the world who have access to a push of a button and destroy cities in minutes. I see no difference.

I'm sorry E. Bison, but I can't possibly see how you could believe that if mutants were to exist for real life they wouldn't be persecuted. There will always be groups and leaders that will manipulate people's perceived fears of any minority group. Even in democratic countries hate crimes still occur. Even in democratic countries people are denied civil rights (homosexuals). There is still ongoing discrimination. Now, if there were mutants with us in society, it depends on the individual him/herself on how to react to the situation. Are we going to accept them as PART of humanity? Are we going to view them as happenstances of evolution? Or are we going to view them as threats to our life of conformity and normalcy? Are we going to view them as "potential" security threats? I'm sorry to say but I think many leaders (yes, even ones in democratic countries) will manipulate the fears of the public. Did everyone forget the way McCarthy manipulated the American population by making them think that radical Communists were overrunning this country? How about the way the Bush Administration enacted the Patriot Act and the way it used "possible terrorist attacks" as a ploy into making people FEAR? The same thing could happen with mutants. We are giving humanity too much credit into thinking we would embrace the "new" with open arms. If by open arms you mean guns and bullets, then yes. Hated and bigotry cannot be stopped completely, but if we do not attempt to make peace, if we sit by idly, then this world would be filled with more madmen. This is another problem that arises. Our leaders are not ready to strive for peace. Even in terms with Iran, the United States has not considered diplomatic resolutions. As a matter of fact, the Bush Administration has left a military invasion as an "option in the table". As humans we are quick to react, but we're not productive to PROact. This is the reason why I think mutants would be shunned and feared. There will always be ignorance attempting to counter knowledge and only knowledge can't counter-defeat it back. What happened in 9/11 people? Didn't people all of the sudden hate Muslims? Sure, not all Americans hated Muslims. Many newspapers around the country after 9/11 began reporting incidents of hate crimes against Muslims. After 1 day, more than 200+ Muslim citizens reported incidents of harassment, death-threats, damage to businesses, and damage to their homes. Why? Fear. Politicians played on people's fears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"