The Avengers MuttNYC's Film timeline/plotline (Potential Spoilers)

MuttNYC

Civilian
Reaction score
I create this thread in the hopes of creating a POTENTIAL TIMELINE for the movie based on footage/photos and trailers.

My timeline (based on the official trailer which can be found here to referance times which I make note of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9cuGZJ9DP0) is as follows:

Loki arrives on earth, though not in America and through a so far unrecognized means. Shield assembles Captain America, Black Widow and Iron Man to deal with the problem.
- Supported by 1:21 in the trailer where we see a foreign police car (marked "Polizei") explode, and 0:32 when Fury arrives via Helicopter by night and tells Coleson to get ready.

Iron Man is sent in to capture Loki or at least keep him busy. Loki is clearly after something (i'll get to that in a minute) thats held under lock and key. As Iron Man is sent in to either capture or keep Loki busy, Black Widow is sent in to steal whatever he is after before he can get to it.
- Supported by 1:24 in the video where Black Widow is fighting a security guard in an "attic/storage" like area.

While this is happening Fury understands that they wont be able to beat Loki without Thor's help. They move to a wooded area to summon/retrieve him from Asgard, and upon his arrival he unknowingly attacks Capt. America and Shield thinking it to be a trick of Loki
- Supported by 1:26 in the trailer where Thor lunges at Cap. Also take note of the difference between Thor's costume here and his later capeless and alternately colored costume in the Shield base.

With the help of Thor and the team Loki is apprehended and led into Shield protection. The team decide to study Loki's new staff which is now equipped with whatever he was looking for (my guess is one of the Infinity Gems. Look closely at his staff. The blue gem is equipped in the middle). They recruit Bruce Banner because of his vast scientific knowledge.
- Supported by 1:11 in the trailer where Loki's staff is on display and Banner and Stark are clearly explaining something to everyone else. The blue gem is visible in this shot.

However Loki somehow breaks free and retrieves his staff through deception. There is an explosion which rocks the team and throws Banner and an unknown person through the glass room. Banner turns into the Hulk and the team assembles to get him under control.
- Supported by 1:27 in the trailer. The team (still in the science room) is thrown backwards and Banner and one other person (possibly Fury because of the boots) are thrown through the window.
- 1:54 banner, still in the clothes from the previous shot, has clearly been thrown into some boilers. Unable to contain the Hulk he transforms.
- 1:05 Cap and Stark look tired and battle worn in the same setting as Banners transformation.
- 1:08 Thor retrieves his hammer after clearly being knocked backwards in the same area as Banners transformation
- 1:28 Cap fires an assault rifle at Banner in a SHIELD setting. Hulk is immune to bullets so its probably to protect a teammate who is about to get smashed.

The Hulk is brought under control. The team needs to figure out what Loki's plan is before something bad happens. Stark, angry about the team mechanics returns to Stark Tower by himself. Loki arrives at Starks home to retrieve his staff and attacks Stark.
- Supported by 1:29 in the trailer where Loki is choking Stark, clearly without his staff.

Stark does not know the location and Loki informs him that he does not understand the implications of the stone when it is not in his possession. At this time (and remember Tony is in the penthouse suite), they see the Skrulls attack. Cap goes to apologize to Tony at his suite and gets thrown out of the window by Loki.
- 1:29 cap is launched from a lower level window.
- Supported by any number of daytime shots where there are people shooting upwards or looking upwards and energy shots being fired.

The team is assembled to combat the threat. Loki leaves Stark to find his staff before someone else does (In a minute ;)). Though a tough battle ensues they triumph. From one of the dying Skrulls they discover that the Skrulls were decieved and convinced to attack earth after someone possessing gems like the one Loki has attacked their planet (Thanos :O)
- Supported by any number of shots with the avengers fighting during the day.

At this point the story can go any which way that the trailer hasn't described or shown, but we do see Loki riding a Skrull hover craft at 1:31.

Anyway thats my timeline! I posted this in the trailer thread as well but I feel uncomfortable talking about potential storyling elements that haven't been made concrete yet, as that thread is about the trailer SPECIFICALLY. I just wanted to open this thread to potential timelines based on the trailers and filming footage/pictures.

Posted this is the other thread, but Loki does not toss Cap out of the window. When you freeze the trailer, you can see it's Stark that he throws. Cap blown out of a 3rd or 4th story window by some kind of explosion (hence the all the windows around him breaking open). If Cap were getting tossed out of Stark's penthouse, he'd be falling hundreds of stories.

Also, Loki does not ride a Skrull hovercraft. He's on the back of an SUV as seen in the first teaser we got from the Cap film.

I also posted a reply in there that I'll cover here as well :).

Yes Stark is thrown at the TOP of the building and Rogers at the BOTTOM. However if you look at Stark tower in the far shot and the exterior of the building that Rogers is thrown out of, the architecture is the same.

Therefor: Loki leaves a beaten Stark (who is not present in the Skrull battle ;)) and moves downstairs. Rogers arrives to apologize and re-recruit Stark and runs into Loki. Hes merely cast aside by the pissed Loki (aka launched out of the window).

I also posted a reply in there that I'll cover here as well :).

Yes Stark is thrown at the TOP of the building and Rogers at the BOTTOM. However if you look at Stark tower in the far shot and the exterior of the building that Rogers is thrown out of, the architecture is the same.

Therefor: Loki leaves a beaten Stark (who is not present in the Skrull battle ;)) and moves downstairs. Rogers arrives to apologize and re-recruit Stark and runs into Loki. Hes merely cast aside by the pissed Loki (aka launched out of the window).

Re-watch the footage shot of the scene with Cap being blasted out of a window. The area is already war-torn. Why would Tony be chilling upstairs with a battleground already taking place below? It's just "parallel" editing dude.

[YT]27l6VE9DQmk[/YT]

[YT]WDJMtZ4RgWI[/YT]

Last edited:
Hmmm indeed. Possibly then, during the conflict with the Skrulls Cap runs to Stark Tower because he needs help. Its there that either by Loki (probably) or by Skrulls (unlikely) that hes blasted out of the building. Thor arrives to catch Loki and ends up working with Cap in order to pacify (read: kick the crap out of) the Skrulls.

Hmmm indeed. Possibly then, during the conflict with the Skrulls Cap runs to Stark Tower because he needs help. Its there that either by Loki (probably) or by Skrulls (unlikely) that hes blasted out of the building. Thor arrives to catch Loki and ends up working with Cap in order to pacify (read: kick the crap out of) the Skrulls.

You're reading too much into it. I just edited my comment, but it's simply "parallel editing".

...im aware of the editing in the trailer. I'm a film major. Look at the building that Cap is thrown out of: it's stark tower. Loki throws Stark around his apartment, and then goes downstairs to throw Cap out. Its parallel editing in the trailer but in the FILM (actual movie), Loki beats the crap out of Cap before Thor arrives. 2 different moments combined in the trailer to look flashy, but two different moments all the same.

...im aware of the editing in the trailer. I'm a film major. Look at the building that Cap is thrown out of: it's stark tower. Loki throws Stark around his apartment, and then goes downstairs to throw Cap out. Its parallel editing in the trailer but in the FILM (actual movie), Loki beats the crap out of Cap before Thor arrives. 2 different moments combined in the trailer to look flashy, but two different moments all the same.

I've looked at the architecture from the one aerial shot where you can see the Stark sign and the front of the building where Cap is tossed from. They don't look anything alike to me.

The following are pics of Stark tower from the lower level .... Cap gets blown out of the building next to it.

AvengersKD4.jpg

Avengers3.jpg

The following are pics of Stark tower from the lower level .... Cap gets blown out of the building next to it.

AvengersKD4.jpg

Avengers3.jpg

It's WTC7, man! 9/11 is a hoax! Captain America can't get blown up by jet fuel burning at 3000 degrees! It's a false flag inside job! :cmad:

...anyhoo. Just felt like saying that. ;)

As to Mutt's timeline:

Interesting read, and you've put a lot of thought into it, but I think you're misreading a lot of what's going on in the trailer.

Loki arrives on earth, though not in America and through a so far unrecognized means. Shield assembles Captain America, Black Widow and Iron Man to deal with the problem.
- Supported by 1:21 in the trailer where we see a foreign police car (marked "Polizei") explode, and 0:32 when Fury arrives via Helicopter by night and tells Coleson to get ready.

The helicopter scene with Fury and Coulson takes place in America. Somewhere out west (probably in New Mexico, near Puente Antiguo, would be my guess, for film continuity). There's a sign there clearly labeled "JOINT DARK ENERGY COMMISSION WESTERN DIVISION NASA/SHIELD." Also, Fury is telling Coulson to get ready....to evacuate. The place is under attack by forces unknown.

Iron Man is sent in to capture Loki or at least keep him busy. Loki is clearly after something (i'll get to that in a minute) thats held under lock and key. As Iron Man is sent in to either capture or keep Loki busy, Black Widow is sent in to steal whatever he is after before he can get to it.

Loki's after the Cosmic Cube. That's been evident from the very beginning, and from the end of the Thor movie. (Why would Black Widow need to steal the Cube, when it's already in SHIELD's possession....?)

- Supported by 1:24 in the video where Black Widow is fighting a security guard in an "attic/storage" like area.

Scene takes place in Russia. Set reports confirm that ScarJo filmed those in a warehouse outside Cleveland, I believe, which "doubled as a location in Russia."

While this is happening Fury understands that they wont be able to beat Loki without Thor's help. They move to a wooded area to summon/retrieve him from Asgard, and upon his arrival he unknowingly attacks Capt. America and Shield thinking it to be a trick of Loki
- Supported by 1:26 in the trailer where Thor lunges at Cap. Also take note of the difference between Thor's costume here and his later capeless and alternately colored costume in the Shield base.

I'm mostly with ya on this. I'm still not entirely sure that SHIELD is actively trying to "summon" Thor, though....I think it's possible that he either (a)is accidentally drawn through an Einstein-Rosen bridge that Selvig creates at the JDEM site, or (b)somehow comes to Midgard of his own accord because he's discovered that Loki has reappeared there.

With the help of Thor and the team Loki is apprehended and led into Shield protection. The team decide to study Loki's new staff which is now equipped with whatever he was looking for (my guess is one of the Infinity Gems. Look closely at his staff. The blue gem is equipped in the middle). They recruit Bruce Banner because of his vast scientific knowledge.
- Supported by 1:11 in the trailer where Loki's staff is on display and Banner and Stark are clearly explaining something to everyone else. The blue gem is visible in this shot.

I'm with ya here, too, mostly. Not sure that it's an Infinity Gem, though --- I originally believed that, but there've been some set rumors that Loki cuts a deal with Thanos at some point for the Infinity Gauntlet, which we know to be in the treasure room in Asgard. So I don't *think* it's an Infinity Gem on his staff, but it *is* the source of its power.

However Loki somehow breaks free and retrieves his staff through deception. There is an explosion which rocks the team and throws Banner and an unknown person through the glass room. Banner turns into the Hulk and the team assembles to get him under control.
- Supported by 1:27 in the trailer. The team (still in the science room) is thrown backwards and Banner and one other person (possibly Fury because of the boots) are thrown through the window.

Black Widow, not Fury.
And I'm pretty sure Widow is under Loki's mind control spell, and he uses her to help him escape the Helicarrier. I believe Hawkeye might be part of this betrayal, too, but I don't have a *lot* of evidence for that --- just *some.* In any event, I think Loki also uses Widow to "steal" Hulk from the team. That's why we see Widow and Banner being blown through the window.

- 1:54 banner, still in the clothes from the previous shot, has clearly been thrown into some boilers. Unable to contain the Hulk he transforms.
- 1:05 Cap and Stark look tired and battle worn in the same setting as Banners transformation.
- 1:08 Thor retrieves his hammer after clearly being knocked backwards in the same area as Banners transformation
- 1:28 Cap fires an assault rifle at Banner in a SHIELD setting. Hulk is immune to bullets so its probably to protect a teammate who is about to get smashed.

Agree. All of this is part of the Helicarrier breakout sequence. The Big Three of the Avengers --- Cap, Thor and Iron Man --- try to stop Widow and possibly Hawkeye from helping Loki escape with the Hulk. They fail.

The Hulk is brought under control.

Maybe; maybe not. ;)
The team needs to figure out what Loki's plan is before something bad happens. Stark, angry about the team mechanics returns to Stark Tower by himself. Loki arrives at Starks home to retrieve his staff and attacks Stark.
- Supported by 1:29 in the trailer where Loki is choking Stark, clearly without his staff.

Nah, he got his staff back during the breakout. You see him wielding it in the "containment room" where he's being held. Widow probably brought it to him.

Stark does not know the location and Loki informs him that he does not understand the implications of the stone when it is not in his possession. At this time (and remember Tony is in the penthouse suite), they see the Skrulls attack.

They continuously refute the Skrulls, time and again. I'm certain there are no Skrulls. I still believe the "aliens" are a hodgepodge of alien races and (Hiddleston's quote) "thugs from the Nine Realms," and I believe The Borg-esque Phalanx are part of that group now.

Cap goes to apologize to Tony at his suite and gets thrown out of the window by Loki.
- 1:29 cap is launched from a lower level window.
- Supported by any number of daytime shots where there are people shooting upwards or looking upwards and energy shots being fired.

The team is assembled to combat the threat. Loki leaves Stark to find his staff before someone else does (In a minute ;)). Though a tough battle ensues they triumph. From one of the dying Skrulls they discover that the Skrulls were decieved and convinced to attack earth after someone possessing gems like the one Loki has attacked their planet (Thanos :O)
- Supported by any number of shots with the avengers fighting during the day.

At this point the story can go any which way that the trailer hasn't described or shown, but we do see Loki riding a Skrull hover craft at 1:31.

Anyway thats my timeline! I posted this in the trailer thread as well but I feel uncomfortable talking about potential storyling elements that haven't been made concrete yet, as that thread is about the trailer SPECIFICALLY. I just wanted to open this thread to potential timelines based on the trailers and filming footage/pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"