Infinity War Loki and Hulk Theory (Spoilers!!)

Hotwire

Dealin' W/ Demons
Reaction score
So, thinking about how Dr. Strange told Stark, "It was the only way," it made me look back at what Loki said. Right before he's killed by Thanos, he tells Thor, "I assure you, brother, the sun will shine on us again." Now, we know from set pics that Avengers 4 seems to involve time travel. Now, what if, somehow, they get to Loki in the past and fill him in on the 1:14,000,000 plan. That would explain Loki's oddly placed optimism. It could also explain how Thanos was able to whip the Hulk so easily and why Hulk wouldn't show back up! Loki and Hulk, not Banner, no Strange's plan and must act accordingly to see it through.

Thoughts?

That's actually my running theory right now too, for sure. it was an odd, odd scene, he doesn't appear while Hulk is fighting Thanos, and the dialogue too... the 'sun' stuff, 'undying', Thanos being 'no god', and why point out twice he is actually Jotun?

oh, yeah, something is up, and him being in on it is as good as any. He sure seemed like he was trying to telegraph something to Thor there. If there is nothing up, well, I don't think these writers are dumb.

i hope they dont go back in time that wud be so weak imo
maybe they can use some elements to bring ppl back to life but a full on clock reversal? naah i really hope not

That's actually my running theory right now too, for sure. it was an odd, odd scene, he doesn't appear while Hulk is fighting Thanos, and the dialogue too... the 'sun' stuff, 'undying', Thanos being 'no god', and why point out twice he is actually Jotun?

oh, yeah, something is up, and him being in on it is as good as any. He sure seemed like he was trying to telegraph something to Thor there. If there is nothing up, well, I don't think these writers are dumb.

That whole scene broke my heart.

Very conflicted about what I think about it. Was this truly the end or did Loki indeed have something else up his sleeve? Everything seemed very desperate and hopeless. Very hard to believe he could survive that encounter let alone the explosion afterward with the Power Stone. Only Thor could've been mighty enough to survive it and he barely did.

At the same time Loki does seem more wily than what we saw. But how many times can he pull the whole fake death routine? I think his luck truly just ran out. And Thanos "No more resurrections" makes me think that this is really it. However, I do like the idea of him having some other knowledge of future events much like Strange. I do think (hope) Avengers 4 will bring clarity to Loki's last words.

i hope they dont go back in time that wud be so weak imo
maybe they can use some elements to bring ppl back to life but a full on clock reversal? naah i really hope not

Well, if they just brought the dusted back, it would be to a post-apocalyptic hellscape, and that would suck for the next phase, they won't do that. I think that they need to dance through the timeline carefully, they need to tweak just enough that it doesn't happen, but not so much that they erase the entire MCU events, because they won't turn 18 movies into the Dallas shower scene. I hope.

This makes sense, that Strange (or Stark) were already leaving little footprints in this film, because time isn't linear with what they are probably going to do.

Very conflicted about what I think about it. Was this truly the end or did Loki indeed have something else up his sleeve? Everything seemed very desperate and hopeless. Very hard to believe he could survive that encounter let alone the explosion afterward with the Power Stone. Only Thor could've been mighty enough to survive it and he barely did.

At the same time Loki does seem more wily than what we saw. But how many times can he pull the whole fake death routine? I think his luck truly just ran out. And Thanos "No more resurrections" makes me think that this is really it. However, I do like the idea of him having some other knowledge of future events much like Strange. I do think (hope) Avengers 4 will bring clarity to Loki's last words.

I don't think he faked his death (though I do wonder why he didn't turn Jotun- Odin's magic faded after he died)... but I do think he knew something.

I think that once the next one comes out, even forget Loki-scene, I think there will be a lot of going back and aha! moments- because if Strange had time to look at all those outcomes, he was on this a looooooooong time, surely enough time to coordinate some things.

Loki is confirmed for Avengers 4

Since there is [BLACKOUT]some form of time travel involved, that won't mean he is alive, could just be images from the events that were, though...[/BLACKOUT]
... but yeah, worth contemplating, huh?

Since there is [BLACKOUT]some form of time travel involved, that won't mean he is alive, could just be images from the events that were, though...[/BLACKOUT]
... but yeah, worth contemplating, huh?

True, but at least the possibility is there!

I just don't want Loki to be dead lol

Remember though, we have no idea in what capacity. Could be like the Collector (although I hope it's not!).

True. I'm not convinced the Collector
is dead though. That whole scene with him from IW was an alternate reality.

Why would loki ever be in on it? he's not an ally to any hero back in Avengers 1 so even time traveling won't justify anyone telling loki ahead of time if asgard, and xandar still get wrecked

Why would loki ever be in on it? he's not an ally to any hero back in Avengers 1 so even time traveling won't justify anyone telling loki ahead of time if asgard, and xandar still get wrecked

They know he ends up with the Space Stone so, that makes him an ally. And still, something is just not right with his that played out.

Thoughts on my Hulk theory?

I know this would be all sorts of messed up but, what if the whole movie is just like the Nicolas Cage film, Knowing[/]?

The dialog does seem odd given the circumstances. It is starting to feel like it's a hint at something.

Loki is confirmed for Avengers 4
Isn't this kind of a given though? Granted, we don't (yet) know in what capacity, but if the Avengers (or some of them) are either traveling back in time, or using BARF to relive events of that first Avengers team-up, then Loki will no doubt play a part - he was there. Therefore, Loki, in flashback capacity will at least show up, though there's a chance (as much as I kind of hope not) that he's not actually dead once the dust has settled.

I also thought so. Loki's death was too theatrical.

So, thinking about how Dr. Strange told Stark, "It was the only way," it made me look back at what Loki said. Right before he's killed by Thanos, he tells Thor, "I assure you, brother, the sun will shine on us again." Now, we know from set pics that Avengers 4 seems to involve time travel. Now, what if, somehow, they get to Loki in the past and fill him in on the 1:14,000,000 plan. That would explain Loki's oddly placed optimism. It could also explain how Thanos was able to whip the Hulk so easily and why Hulk wouldn't show back up! Loki and Hulk, not Banner, no Strange's plan and must act accordingly to see it through.

Thoughts?

I think this is where Time Travel gets a little tricky. If Loki already knows of the coming events, then shouldn't the events of them going back in time have already happened?

There's a lot of ways to do Time Travel. I just hope they don't leave us scratching our heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"