My Apology to the Marvel Forums

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
I just feel like I've been something of a whiney *****ebag lately and I wanted to apologize. I've been complaining all over the place about comic prices and Marvel and Spider-Man and it just kinda hit me that I'm getting on my own nerves. I'm honestly not a whiney or negative person but for some reason Marvel has just got to me of late and I've vented here... which I assume has been annoying to read. I don't like being that way and am not that way outside of the hype and I just need to shut up about it and suck it up. You guys don't need to hear me complain constantly. I think too highly of you all for that.

In addition to that I feel like I've been kind of a jerk at times to both TheManOfBat and Dan Slott in regards to Spider-Man topics despite my liking you both a great deal. So a specfic apology to you both.

So my apologies to you all. I'll try to reign it in from now on. I can't guarentee I won't complain about Marvel's prices or doubleshipping but I'll at least try to keep it to a tolerable level.

JH

What are these forums for if not to ***** and complain about the annoying things comic companies do? Are you telling me we can actually enjoy comics? Because that's an outright lie. They're not worth my hard earned cash if I can't spew hatred about them on the internet.

I just feel like I've been something of a whiney *****ebag lately and I wanted to apologize. I've been complaining all over the place about comic prices and Marvel

Yeah, but the comic prices on Marvel are awful. They demand 3.99$ for 20 pages simply because Bendis, Brubaker, Fraction, Hickman or Aaron happens to be the writer.

and Spider-Man

Well Venom is getting 5 issues out in February, i can understand the price talk.
and it just kinda hit me that I'm getting on my own nerves.

Well, try and recommend the comics you love and cherish, talk about the good stuff, kinda like how i recommend Hickman's Ultimates. It's an awesome comic, and i'd rather talk about that than "oh man Bendis has been on Avengers sooo looong, raaaageeee" :oldrazz:

I'd rather pay 4 dollars of 20 of a 20 pages Grant Morrison written comic than a Bendis written comic

Oh for the days when $4 got you around 500 pages of comics.....:csad:

In addition to that I feel like I've been kind of a jerk at times to both TheManOfBat and Dan Slott in regards to Spider-Man topics despite my liking you both a great deal. So a specfic apology to you both.
No worries, sir. It's all good. Happy Holidays, good cheer, and all that.

Oh for the days when $4 got you around 500 pages of comics.....:csad:
Wasn't born in those days but i find it funny how a 60 pages comics cost some 10 cents (1.50 dollard if up for inflaction today), but now 18-20 pages worth of stories can cost almost 5 dollars, i checked Dark Horse's Angel & Faith and Buffy Season 9 comics and they cost only 2.99 and have 30 pages worth of reading, if they can't give us 60 pages for 1.50 dollars then they should inleast do the same Dark Horse does, and the comics are of quality by the way :o

What are these forums for if not to ***** and complain about the annoying things comic companies do? Are you telling me we can actually enjoy comics? Because that's an outright lie. They're not worth my hard earned cash if I can't spew hatred about them on the internet.

Oh, I think people should be able to voice their opinion as they see fit, but I've been overly obnoxious of late and felt an apology was warrented.

Drz said:
Well, try and recommend the comics you love and cherish, talk about the good stuff, kinda like how i recommend Hickman's Ultimates. It's an awesome comic, and i'd rather talk about that than "oh man Bendis has been on Avengers sooo looong, raaaageeee"

Oh, I try to talk about the comics I like. The problem comes from every title I like being affected by Marvel's greedy approach of comics. It's hard talking about the good things inside the panels when the company behind those panels overcharge for them and show through their history that nothing IN those panels matter and can be retconned at the drop of a hat.

But I won't get on another rant on that. My goal is to start enjoying comics again (more than the one or two I really enjoy now that is... which is Uncanny X-Force and New Avengers). Seriously, I've gotten so bitter and angry at Marvel that I only enjoy two of the 20 or so ongoings I read. That's sad. Oh well.

Uncanny X-Force and New Avengers rock :up:

Considering how much I ***** about the $3.99 price point, double shipping, and current state of mediocrity concerning Marvel, I don't see the need for an apology.

I don't think you've been that bad to warrant an apology.

If you want to apologize for something, do it for actually liking those 1950's Avengers.:whatever:

It's all good BC... :up:

:yay:

Last edited:
The reason you've been a whiny is because there's too much to be a whiny about. The fun is currently out of comics for the most part.

No worries, sir. It's all good. Happy Holidays, good cheer, and all that.

Wait, the real Dan Slott posts here? Wow, that's pretty cool.

I'd like to say it was really classy of you not to get involved in that JMS facebook post. That was a dick move on his part and I know I probably would've responded with vitriol.

Considering how much I ***** about the $3.99 price point, double shipping, and current state of mediocrity concerning Marvel, I don't see the need for an apology.

Same here, JH. I'm with you on the pricing and double shipping of books. Certainly no need to apologize for that. Nor a need to apologize over your dislike of the Spider-Man books...but its all good in the hood. I'm bummed you didn't do another fantasy football league this year. I just thought you didn't want to end up in last place again. :oldrazz:

You're cool with me, JH. What makes the threads great is getting different opinions on these books; and, even if we don't agree, it's actually better than a bunch of people thinking everything is grand and dandy. I love to hear your opinions. And, I think TMOB and Dan Slott have shown that they have never begrudge you that. (You got more heated in our old Contest Of Champions than you ever have on the subject of Peter Parker and MJ.)

As for being more positive, I don't find it that difficult. These are some books that I find are pretty fantastic right now. (I'd add others; but, I'm so far behind on my reading, that I"m getting more and more backed up.)

Animal Man, iZombie, OMAC, Sweet Tooth, Captain America And Bucky, Fear Itself: The Fearless, Moon Knight, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Rachel Rising, American Vampire, RASL, Batwoman, Severed, Avengers Academy, Battle Scars, Dark Tower, Morning Glories, Journey Into Mystery, Batman, Journey Into Mystery, New Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, Snarked, Fantastic Four, FF, Daredevil, Generation Hope, Wonder Woman, Thunderbolts, PunisherMax, Wizard Of Oz, Sergio Aragones Funnies, Avenging Spider-Man, and Sixth Gun.

Now, some of those recently got interesting, like FF. Others might be disliked by others, like Moon Knight; but, I think they just are focusing too much on Bendis or the change in character than the actual content of the book. (And, seriously, most of those complaining aren't even reading the damn thing. Sometimes those people are the most vocal.)

There were quite a few other titles that I enjoy, but it's not at a point of telling people to jump out and buy the book. I still like titles, like Walking Dead and Amazing Spider-Man; but, if I had to budget myself, they'd be on my second tier of books currently.

Same here, JH. I'm with you on the pricing and double shipping of books. Certainly no need to apologize for that. Nor a need to apologize over your dislike of the Spider-Man books...but its all good in the hood. I'm bummed you didn't do another fantasy football league this year. I just thought you didn't want to end up in last place again. :oldrazz:

Yeah, I was upset JH didn't do a fantasy football league this year, too. I didn't get to participate in one because of that. Now, THAT'S something I can't get behind *****ing about!

I don't think you've been that bad to warrant an apology.

I may or may not have but I've been WAY worse than what is normal for me and I personally don't like that. So if no one else feels I've been that bad then this is to clear my own conscience.

If you want to apologize for something, do it for actually liking those 1950's Avengers.:whatever:

You have me confused with Phaed. I liked the modern plot of that arc but not the older 1950's stuff. Chaykin's art killed any potential interest I might have had.

SpideyInATree said:
Same here, JH. I'm with you on the pricing and double shipping of books. Certainly no need to apologize for that. Nor a need to apologize over your dislike of the Spider-Man books...but its all good in the hood. I'm bummed you didn't do another fantasy football league this year. I just thought you didn't want to end up in last place again.

Phaedrus45 said:
Yeah, I was upset JH didn't do a fantasy football league this year, too. I didn't get to participate in one because of that. Now, THAT'S something I can't get behind *****ing about!

I had too much going on and needed to manage my time better. I was invited to join the SHHFFL and I knew I couldn't do both so I passed on the Jewbowl. Spider-Fan was talking about taking it over for me but then he was also invited and then we had no host. Maybe next season.

And for your information... until last week it's been me and Spider-Fan duking it out for first place all season long!!!

You're cool with me, JH. What makes the threads great is getting different opinions on these books; and, even if we don't agree, it's actually better than a bunch of people thinking everything is grand and dandy. I love to hear your opinions. And, I think TMOB and Dan Slott have shown that they have never begrudge you that. (You got more heated in our old Contest Of Champions than you ever have on the subject of Peter Parker and MJ.)

I appreciate that. As corny as it sounds I consider tons of people on this site true friends, though we've never actually met. I know some of you guys better than people I actually hang out with, so I hate to think I lose my cool or get on any of your nerves. All of you deserve better than that.

And that was Contest of MARVELS... don't get me heated!

As for being more positive, I don't find it that difficult. These are some books that I find are pretty fantastic right now. (I'd add others; but, I'm so far behind on my reading, that I"m getting more and more backed up.)

Animal Man, iZombie, OMAC, Sweet Tooth, Captain America And Bucky, Fear Itself: The Fearless, Moon Knight, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Rachel Rising, American Vampire, RASL, Batwoman, Severed, Avengers Academy, Battle Scars, Dark Tower, Morning Glories, Journey Into Mystery, Batman, New Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, Snarked, Fantastic Four, FF, Daredevil, Generation Hope, Wonder Woman, Thunderbolts, PunisherMax, Wizard Of Oz, Sergio Aragones Funnies, Avenging Spider-Man, and Sixth Gun.

The BOLD titles are ones that I had collected and enjoyed but had to drop due to comic prices and double shipping (along with many others). I'd be buying all of those if I still could. I currently read the GREEN titles. RED titles are ones I'd like to try but do not have the funds. The rest I've just never bothered with but can't afford to even if I wanted to.

Others might be disliked by others, like Moon Knight; but, I think they just are focusing too much on Bendis or the change in character than the actual content of the book. (And, seriously, most of those complaining aren't even reading the damn thing. Sometimes those people are the most vocal.)

I actually LOVED Moon Knight and HATED having to drop it. It's one of those books, along with Avengers Academy and a couple others, that I'm constantly trying to find a way to make room for it. Sadly, I sold the first couple of issues I had and would have to get caught up and I can't do that with a $4 comic. Maybe if I eventually see it at a Half Priced Books but we'll see.

JH didn't want to command the B league, so he managed to sneak his way into the A league, which is under MY control...

Bwahahahahahahahahaha..... :huh: .... hahahahahahahahaha...

Seriously, it's tough to get in, but if someone bows out, maybe I can give you a spot... :o

:yay:

The Fantastic four starting some time before FF 1 seem interesting, i didn't like much of the Fantastic Four comics since the Kirby years, are the newest comics worth it?

I have not heard anyone complain about you JewishHobbit and from your posts I don't recall them being that negative.

Marvel boards seem rather tame compared to over boards.

Did JewishHobbit just reboot himself?????

I thought wining about comics was what the board is about.

Maybe it is but I hold myself to a personal standard that I've stepped way far away from of late. It may not seem bad to some but to me it's been noticable.

As I said before, if no one else thought I was being a whiny *****ebag then this apology was for myself to get it off my chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"