Ebay Auctions (Mod's please read before closing)

Don't forget to talk your wife into a small buying spree at the LCBS with that first paycheck!

iloveclones said:
Don't forget to talk your wife into a small buying spree at the LCBS with that first paycheck!

Ay Ay Captain!

I hate getting behind on comics and I'm eager to get caught up!

How's the auction going JH?

I'm very happy with how it's turning out so far. They all end tonight and the bids usually jump in the last 10 minutes or so, so I'm excited to see how they end up.

And by the way, I love the sig quote by Corp. :)

JewishHobbit said:
Well, giving you guys an update. I got my liscense renewed and went to the interview today and it went well. I'm hoping for a callback for the second interview in the process, and it sounds like I'll get it. They need to run my driver's liscense to check my driving record (which is fine) and if it comes back okay they should call me. Here's hoping.

You know, Brad, in my line of work it is never considerred a bad thing to call yourself to show them how motivated you are. But of course you know better your situation then I do. I just wish you the best of luck :up:

JewishHobbit said:
Ay Ay Captain!

I hate getting behind on comics and I'm eager to get caught up!

When I went through moments of employment uncertainty, I would cut and paste euroq's(Now TMOB's) upcoming list into a spreadsheet for future buying sprees, either on ebay or trades.

XFanTim said:
Wait a second, you mean "Hobbit" isn't his real name? :eek:

Sure it is... Elijya just misspelled it. Simple mistake really, happens all the time.
Ahura Mazda said:
You know, Brad, in my line of work it is never considerred a bad thing to call yourself to show them how motivated you are. But of course you know better your situation then I do. I just wish you the best of luck

Yeah, they said it'd take about 2 days. I figure if I don't hear back by Monday or Tuesday I'll give them another call.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
So...how'd it go?

It went well, I think. Definately made enough to hold us over for another week or two, which hopefully is all we'll need. I gotta say though Wolverine... it was fun watching you bid. My wife and I were here watching each auction counting down and we were like "here comes Wolverine... here comes Wolverine..." and then boom... there's a Wolverine Bid :) I thought you were going to win all the X-Men for a minute there.

I would like to thank everyone who bid and bought, and those who simply wish me luck. My wife and I appreciate it very much. We didnt' know what to expect with this but we got what we were hoping for. I know of at least 5 bidders from the hype, and there may have been more with a differant ebay name. Thanks to you all. I'll keep you all updated on my job hunt

Heh if I had the funds, I woulda tried harder and threw in a bit extra just 'cause yer a heckuva guy. Really wanted the Inferno set, but ya gotta know when to say no, ya know?

Yeah, I wanted the Inferno set... but ya gotta know when to let go. I'll get the trade eventually.

Eh, it's sad now, but you'll have fun gettin' 'em back.

I'm not sure that I will to tell you the truth. Over the last few months I've gotten myself out of the mindset of having to have a complete set of stuff, which was why I own so much of this stuff. I may get some of the X-Men back in trade form as they come out in the Marvel Masterworks hardbacks... but other than that I think I'm okay with losing the rest.

Heh alright man. Me, I dunno if I can ever get that way. Probably hafta one day. (But, not if I can help it. ;))

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Heh alright man. Me, I dunno if I can ever get that way. Probably hafta one day. (But, not if I can help it. ;))

When I had my second kid and the comics were outgrowing our apartment, I had to do something. It was REAL hard at first and took me probably 5 or 6 months to convince myself to even start selling something away. I started by simply transfering comic issues for their trades. That condensed a lot and made the collection look nicer on the shelf (and made my wife yell at me less for having all these ugly shelve with white boards sticking out of them). Once I started that it became easier to get rid of stuff that I've just bought to have, though I didn't care about them and never planned to read them. The hardest was the X-Men, as I had a goal to have every X-Men or X-Men related book and appearance out there, and I was well on my way... but gradually I've been kicking that mindset... and now I have the comics that I just love to have. I'm not sure whatelse I could possibly sell. I'll sell new stuff for their trades in time, but that's about it. The only other possibilities are all the original Hobgoblin stories (Kingsley/Leeds time frame), the black suit saga (same time frame), but those would take some serious needing of money. Everything else I actually love having.

glad all the auctions went well, Brad

Heh I actually have a few of those early Hobbies. Bought 'em off a co-worker...whose stuff I hafta finish sellin' yet.

I plan to eventually make a specific issue number list of the past comics I want, and just start knocking that list out. When it's done, then so am I in regards to back issues. After that I can just focus on new stuff.

Elijya said:
glad all the auctions went well, Brad

Thanks... and thanks for keeping the thread open. I know I'm not really allowed to link stuff like ebay, but we've been kinda desparate. I was going to keep talking in this thread to keep people updated on my job hunt, but I'm thinking it may be good to just let it die away being that the auctions are done. Those I'm close with will hear about it in other threads that I frequent in, so there's no real point in keeping this one open is there?

hey, it's one thing if a noob comes here with no intent OTHER then to hock his wares, but you're a long standing well loved member of the hype community who was in dire need of some aid. It was never an issue :cool:

Well, I still haven't heard back from that job so I called them. Turns out they haven't gotten my driver's liscense info back yet, so they said it could be another few days. The money I got from the auctions are holding us over okay, but I'm not sure that it's going to hold us over long enough, so I'm going to be putting up a few more auctions. However, I'm taking Elijya's earlier advice first and I'm going to list what I"m selling, or potentially selling below, and if you're intersted in any of them, then send me a PM. I'm not sure what I want for them yet, but if you have an idea of what you want to pay then let me know and I'll tell you if it's okay or not. If anyone does want to buy one of these selections, please understand that you'd have to pay before I can send you the comics, as I need your money to ship them.

Thanks to everyone who'se helped out thus far, and thanks to anyone who may help me out by buying these.

Definately Selling

X-Tinction Agenda - It's in 9 parts and puts the X-Men, X-Factor, and New Mutants together to face the villainy of Genosha and Cameron Hodge. This is the series that saw the death of the New Mutant, Warlock. It made Storm an adult again (after having been turned into a child). Overall a good story. Every issue is in NM condition and first print. Uncanny X-Men 270-273, New Mutants 95-97, X-Factor 60-62

X-Cutioner's Song - All 12 parts of the majorly popular crossover. This one had it all: Stryfe, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Cable, X-Force, X-Factor, X-Men, etc, etc, etc. Uncanny X-Men 294-296, X-Men 14-16, X-Factor 84-86, X-Force 16-18

Phalanx Covenant - 9 part series that introduced Generation X as a team. It was the first appearance of M, Skin, Synch, and Blink. Sabretooth teams with Banshee, Emma Frost, and Jubilee to rescue the kids. In the second half we see X-Force, Excalibur, and X-Factor team up with Xavier. In the final two parts we see Cyclops and Jean team up with Cable and Wolverine to brin gthe Phalanx down! All covers are halo-foil in that wonderful 90's fashion. Uncanny X-Men 316-317, X-Men 36-37, X-Factor 106, X-Force 38, Excalibur 82, Wolverine 85, Cable 16

X-Men 1-7 - This is for the second volume, and all five covers to issue 1 is included, so a totle of 11 comics. The first arc was the three parter that put the X-Men against Magneto and the first incarnation of the Acolytes. It was the first showing of the Red and Gold teams, and I believe the first time the X-Men really went against Magneto since he betray them. The second arc is the first appearance of Omega Red, and also includes Sabretooth, Maverick, and more.

The New Mutants 87-94. Issue 87 is the first appearance of Cable (NM, 1st print), and these are the stories that has Cable join the New Mutants, prior to him making them X-Force. Wolverine guest stars, and they face people like Stryfe, Sabretooth, Blob, Pyro, and more. For the collectionists, this group ends at issue 94 and the previous collection (X-Tinction Agenda) starts with New Mutants 95. So if you wanted both, you'd have a straight through run.

33 X-Men/X-Men related comics (as listed below)

Excalibur - 68-70 (space story with Starjammers and Shi'ar)

3 Gambit 1's - (these are from his first ongoing, and they are covers "10, Q, and K")

Quicksilver - 1, 2, 7, 8, 10-13

Heroes For Hire - 15-16 (Crossover with Quicksilver)

Quicksilver & Heroes For Hire '98 Annual

Avengers 263 (Jean Grey found after her death as Phoenix)

Fantastic Four 286 (Continuation of Avengers 263)

X-Factor 1 (final story to previous two issues), 2-4, 15 (Angel commits suicide), 18, 20-22, 63-64

Avengers 345-347 (These aren't really X-Men stories, but they do guest star Deathbird, Lilandra, Starjammers, etc. They're the Operation: Galactic Storm parts 5, 12, and 19, which is the conclusion)

Debating Selling - These are comics that I haven't decided if I'm going to sell yet, but will if I have a decent offer given to me.

Spiderman: Black Costume Saga - Amazing Spiderman 252-258. This is the saga that gave us the Venom Symbiote, all first prints and in great, I'd say NM, condition. I love these issues and the only reason I'm debating on selling them is because I know that I can get a trade eventually and still have the story. And though the black symbiote costume was also warn over in the Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman title, these Amazing issues are considered the official Black Costume Saga.

Every Early Venom Appearance! - What do I mean.. exactly what I say. This would include every Venom appearance up to Amazing Spiderman issue 347. That includes issues 198-300 and every other cameo and major appearance. There's 4 totle arcs I believe 12 or so issues, the last issue being the one where he thinks he killed spiderman on the deserted island and decides to live there. I'd list specific issue numbers, but my brother-in-law, AnnoyingSilence as you guys would know him, is reading them at the moment, but I'll have them back from him in a few days. They are all in great shape, I'd say NM, except 300 (sadly). It's in rough shape, mostly a reading copy. There's no rips or missing pages or anything, the cover's just warn. Again, I love these books, but I know I can eventually get them in trade form.

Must be an AMAZING deal for me to sell, but the option's out there

Entire original Hobgoblin story (Kingsley) - From the Hobgoblin's finding of Norman Osborn's old lair, to the death of Ned Leeds, every appearance, every issue, all in NM condition. This includes the popular Gang War arc, as well as the Spiderman Vs Wolverine oneshot. This was a long running arc that ran about 4 years or so spiratically, 25 or so issues in all. I'd probably also throw in the Hobgoblin Lives mini from a few years back that serves as a long delayed finale to the story. Now I don't really want to sell this story, but I'm curious what kind of deals I could get form it. I will not put it up on ebay because I don't think I'll get enough to make me want to sell it, but I figured that since I'm giving people the option to offer me deals, I'd throw it up here. This is mostly going to be a last resort sell, as this is one of my all time favorate arcs.

Now, any offers will be appreciated, but don't be upset if I don't take your offer, or tell you to give me some time to think about it. I'll tell you what though, if you have a tpb in decent shape of any of these comics and offer it in addition to money, you'll definately have my attention :) (and I only say that because I really would rather not sell any of these unless I had the trade to begin with, but desparate times and all that.)

Also, all comics that were previously won on ebay have been shipped with the exception of three of them. All the people who paid immediately were shipped last friday, the rest will go out in a few days. All are paid, but one person's payment is still clearing. Once that one clears (shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 more days), then I'll make one trip to the post office to ship out the rest.

Alright... here's an update. I've gotten a job with a moving company and I start Friday. We'll be alright, but it's still very tight and will be for a while as we get caught up. Thus, I've decided to go ahead and sell the second stash of comics. I have listed a few auctions already and I will be listing more tomorrow, so I'll show those when I post them. These are the easier and quicker things to post, but tomorrow will have some great listings having to do with early Venom appearances, Decimation, trade paperbacks, and more.

JewishHobbit's Listings

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"