My cast for a Wizard of Oz remake(not the 1939 movie,But the actual Oz book.)

There was a 1910 version, as well as a version released in 1925.

The Question said:
Well, why do they all have to be American. Alot of good British actors can fake American accents.

The same reason that the Harry Potter movies feature British actors (aside from a select few). Its a british book that takes place in britian.The same reason why James Bond films have a no American rule as far as filmmakers and the role of Bond is concerned. Sure there are a few American actors who mimic the accent, but it is not authentic. I would rather have an all American cast. The Wizard of Oz is the great American fairytale and I think it deserves to feature an all American cast, if only for the sake of authenticity.

Stewie Griffin said:
Dorothy is 10-12.

What is the deal with everyones obession with PJ? PJ is wrong for Oz. Has anyone here even read the book? Kate Bosworth for Glinda? First of all, Glinda is the witch of the south. The witch of the north is actually a very short old lady who dresses in white. Kate Bosworth is not that. Not to mention, as an American fairytale, the entire cast should be American. End of story.

*sigh*

No, I haven't. And Wizard of Oz was not a comic book so drop the whiny fan boy "he's not right, she's not right boo hoo" bull*****.

Gerard Way said:
No, I haven't. And Wizard of Oz was not a comic book so drop the whiny fan boy "he's not right, she's not right boo hoo" bull*****.
So it has to be a comic book for me to be a fan of it? Mmmmk... Pretty lame comment. Well, you have never read the book. So lets continue this discussion when you have some kind of stand to argue from. I happen to love the Wizard of Oz as a book very much. I just found your casting ideas to be totally wrong. Get over it.

I don't mind you disagreeing with my casting ideas, you are entitled to you own opinon, which is my point. So let people have their own. This is about who you want to see in The Wizard of Oz, not who is Supposed to be in the wizard of Oz. I grew up on the movie, considering more people are familiar with that than the book so that makes it every bit as influencial as the book if not more. You can't force someone to share your views, get over it.

And the comic line was in reference to your fan boy b!tching as if this was the new Batman movie or something.

Gerard Way said:
I don't mind you disagreeing with my casting ideas, you are entitled to you own opinon, which is my point. So let people have their own. This is about who you want to see in The Wizard of Oz, not who is Supposed to be in the wizard of Oz. I grew up on the movie, considering more people are familiar with that than the book so that makes it every bit as influencial as the book if not more. You can't force someone to share your views, get over it.
That is fine. But, my opinion of your ideas is that they are all wrong. Sorry. If there is ever going to be a remake, the smart thing to do is to distance it as far away as possible from the '39 film and to go back to the book.
Gerard Way said:
And the comic line was in reference to your fan boy b!tching as if this was the new Batman movie or something.
It was still lame and not relevant to anything really.

That's fine. Agree to disagree. But don't be so dismissive about it. I don't care that you have read the book. As long as I'm not turning tin man into a motorcycle or Dorothy into Elvira then my opinion is just as valid as yours.

Stewie Griffin said:
The same reason that the Harry Potter movies feature British actors (aside from a select few). Its a british book that takes place in britian.The same reason why James Bond films have a no American rule as far as filmmakers and the role of Bond is concerned. Sure there are a few American actors who mimic the accent, but it is not authentic. I would rather have an all American cast. The Wizard of Oz is the great American fairytale and I think it deserves to feature an all American cast, if only for the sake of authenticity.

I thought Harry Potter got British actors because it was just easyer that getting Americans who can fake an accent. If the actor can sound American, why should it matter if he is or not?

The Question said:
I thought Harry Potter got British actors because it was just easyer that getting Americans who can fake an accent. If the actor can sound American, why should it matter if he is or not?

Its just a principle thing. Its just how I would do it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"