The Wizard of Oz (Remake)

If they're doing a more faithful adaptation of the book, then I'm for it. It's very different from the movie and Kassel is a great director so I'm curious about it.

So is this a remake of the movie? Or just another adaptation of the book.

I remember with Carrie they claimed it would be just another adaptation.

But as with Carrie if you're trying to remake a classic like Wizard of Oz the movie...seems like an uphill battle that would only be marginally worth it in the end.

Wonder if the Wicked movie or this comes out first

So is this a remake of the movie? Or just another adaptation of the book.

Sounds like a re-imagination of the book. By her wording seems likely she'll update the time period to today?

While the 1939 musical is part of my DNA, I am exhilarated and humbled by the responsibility of re-imagining such a legendary tale. The opportunity to examine the original themes — the quest for courage, love, wisdom and home — feels more timely and urgent than ever.

Meh. My relationship with The Wizard of Oz is it is something I should love. It has all the ingredients. But everytime I watch something Oz related, I always find myself underwhelmed. The Wizard of Oz, meh. Return to Oz, meh. I guess I just ain't an Oz guy.

Yeah, a modern day Wizard of Oz has been done so many times from The Wiz to the Muppets. Hopefully there’s a lot more going on than just that.

Just get ready for black or black-ish Dorothy in this one.

This would be good for Marsai Martin.

Yeah, I'm just expecting this to be a not so original variation on The Wiz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"