My feelings on Muslims and other junk (long)

It was so excessive anyway.
How he integrated burkahs and Jason Vorhees is ****ing beyond me.

It was so excessive anyway.
How he integrated burkahs and Jason Vorhees is ****ing beyond me.
Here is a basic summary

Ohhh I was banned.

Burkahs...I don't like them, but you should have a right to wear one...blah blah blah...here is a bunch of pictures to make it look like I am supporting my argument.

I think banning the burka is rather ignorant if you ask me :o

Scrum said:
For the most part I agree with kainedamo.. but one of the reasons that burkas are a 'sign of oppression' is that they stand for the subserviant role that many Muslim women have held for thousands of years.

Thats interesting considering Islam has only been in existenced as an organized religion for over 1400 years.

Also burkas are only in a limited number of countries like Afghanistan (After the Taliban came into rule), and some in Pakistan, and northern India and is not indicative of the whole Muslim world.

IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT OF ISLAM.

But, it doesn't make the banning of them right. If the woman wants to wear it and perpetuate the thought that it's okay to think of women as lower than men, then by all means perpetuate away. But when women are forced to wear them is where it becomes a true problem, and where a problem should be made out of it.

Agreed. The burqa is in some cases a cultural decision to wear, in others, those without the proper knowledge and understanding of the Quran and the life example of Mohammed the Prophet (pbuh) believe it to be a religious requirement, but the majority who wear the Burqa in Muslim countries do it because it is requirement by the Government and in this case it is oppressive.

hippie_hunter said:
I think banning the burka is rather ignorant if you ask me :o

I had a suspicion you would feel that way. I think pretty much all of you only read half of my post, you didn't even see where I mentioned Hippie_Hunter.

I read everything. I'm just not going to bother with a reply. I'll point out one thing I found particularly hilarious: Do you really think it's not prohibited to walk around with a motorcycle helmet on the entire time?

It's a pity about half of what I said goes unread and unappreciated.

Don't worry. You're like Van Gogh.
Long after your dead the world will catch up to how brilliant you are.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Don't worry. You're like Van Gogh.
Long after you're dead the world will catch up to how brilliant you are.

*calvinbolt*

To me,wearing a burka is ok but it has to go with the situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"