• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

World My First Fan Trailer!!!

Hey guys, i'm back, and this time i have another trailer!! I have edited the soundtrack, timing issues, and done some other things that i believe have improved my trailer. Hope you all like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu09TRvgMro

Just to make sure that everyone knows the captions, i will include them. i feel that the streaming software i used severly comprimised my video :(:(:( if anyone knows where i can host 700 MB's of video, please tell me! Anyway, onto the captions !

1st: Roughly 0:07 -- "Within everyone, a battle is fought..."

2nd: Roughly 0:18 -- "A battle against the darkness inside..."

3rd: Roughly 0:35 -- "In the end, we decide..."

4th: Roughly 0: 40 -- "If the darkness prevails."

5th: Roughly 1:02 -- "Some succumb to the darkness"

6th: Roughly 1:20 -- "While there are others who fight it."

7th: Roughly 1:30 -- "Next Summer"

8th: Roughly 1:36 -- "Pierce the darkness"

9th: Roughly 2:23 -- "Prepare"

10th: Roughly 2:29 -- "For the ultimate"

11th : Roughly 2:36 -- "Spin"

well, thats it! I hope everyone likes it!!

Please post more comments again, they really helped.

ps. i have the 700 mb version if anyone would care to see it as clear as day.

e-mail me @

[email protected]

and if that doesnt work, just pm me with your e-mail address.

to view it, you will need the latest version of quicktime, or a media player that can play .dv files. I would highly recommend using the VLC player, it seems to have the most clarity.

some things that are cool IMO -

the transition from the red to black suit at the start

the lightning effect

the 'pierce the darkness' setup

the music!! :D:D

the punch, even though its slow :\

thanks for everyones help!! Lemme know how it can be made better!!!

please, don't fully judge my video unless you see the .dv file. I'm really upset that it doesnt look so good online :(:(

i tried to follow everyones advice. Especially with reducing the wordage (is that a word? lol) and making the start seem less 'intense' for lack of a better word. I also reduced the time by about a minute and 40 seconds, so that should please some people. I think the score helps add some speed to it. With this trailer i tried really hard to make sure everything got adequite screen time. I also eliminated the "light...dark...or both" bit.

plus a lot of other stuff :-D!!

thanks again, and i really would like some more constructive criticism. I dont need useful comments followed by insults from people (i.e. mister_web).

if you dont like something in it, speak up, but don't insult me over my first (now second) time. Thanks again to everyone for all of the help!!

Well, here we go, brace yourself... :p
i would have to say its better than your first, but text just isn't your thing isn't it?
The darkness and tinyness of the letters makes it almost dissapear in the background, making it hard to read.
The bit where Brock says 'parker', i understand why u kept the sound (in both trailers), but it's a bit odd, since it's the only non music sound in the video. (understand why the official trailer sweeps the text through the screen in big letters?)
About the starting (ign) bit, though I understand what you're trying to do, slowing it down this much makes it choppy, as if the movie isnt encoded correctly.

Which leads me to the following: at what bitrate did you compress your online version??, it does indeed look 'comprimised'.

15 frames per second if thats what you mean by frame rate

if you watch it in iMovie or VLC, its really clear though :(:(:(

Spideyssuperfan said:
15 frames per second if thats what you mean by frame rate

if you watch it in iMovie or VLC, its really clear though :(:(:(
framerate? no bitrate, the number of bits (or bytes I dunno) used per second, (the higher you go, the better your image is).
for example most official trailers are encoded over 2MB / second, more data to hold the imagery in, better the quality.

15fps though? I wouldn't've guessed that, that's on the low side, but that's not the most important thing, as it plays ok...

in terms of text, how're the ones in the later part of the trailer?

some succumb to the darkness and those

im changing them anyways but..

Spideyssuperfan said:
in terms of text, how're the ones in the later part of the trailer?

some succumb to the darkness and those

im changing them anyways but..
The 'next summer' is ok, but the succumb to the darkness '', the darkish inside, with the bevel on a black background doesnt relly get's my juices flowing sotosay.

cool

ive already made the changes and im gonna up load soon
thanks a bunch!!

alright, heres the third version of the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMVZFjUesfY

i fixed the font, shaved 14 seconds off of it and put a couple more things in there, but thats it for this incarnation of my trailer, probably. I know the fonts are kind of fast in disappearing but i cant solve that on my comp. I really want to edit some stuff, but given the time constraints that were illustrated to me, i dont think i have the time to do it within the trailer, please, any advice or recommendations would be awesome so i can perfect this one!

nice job,
I like it more in general and the texts look better now (i can read them).
The only thing that bugs me some, is the sudden drop in the music, just before Brock says 'parker', and the double Spiderman 'take off blouse show suit' action in color and black.
It just looks a bit weird or something, I dunno how to describe it, (it's as if someone has tampered with the matrix, Dejavu..)
BUt again, nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"