Transformers 'My idea'. TransFormers. A LOTR syle trilogy! Please read:

A Trilogy would be sweet, although naming Peter Jackson to direct would be horrible in my opinion. If this movie is taken seriously and aimed towards a more adult audience rather than a child audience this movie will be AWESOME. I've love Transformers since i was very young. And seeing that technology is what it is nowadays im super-hyped about what this movie can become.

Not bad.

But I don't think they will make trilogy back-to-back. Why?

Because the first movie will be realesed in July 2007, there will not be time for sequels.

And I also think that DreamWorks still have doubts about success of Transformers. The will wait for box office numbers.

And if it makes enough money, they will start pre-production process of sequels.

I think Transformers will be usual summerblockbuster with great work of CGI and visual style, but without great script. It will ahve normal storylines for movie blockbuster.

I also think Transformers will have about 3,500 fx shots.

I like the idea of Transformers being more like the LOTR trilogy. And just like LOTR, the trilogy should end with Bumblebee, Wheelie and Powerglide "frolicking" in bed together.

You've got to take into account the source material. LoTR = classic literature. Transformers = based off of toys and comic books. Hollywood still hasn't matured enough to realize that the line between comic/toys and classic literature can be blurred if taken seriously.

"My idea for a TF trilogy would be a little more like this:

Quote:
Chapter 1: a re-imagining of the Transformers' arrival on Earth - within the opening credits, the Ark and Nemesis crash-land in the distant past, and the movie starts with Spike hangin' with his pals when the newly-awakened Transformers abruptly resume their battle on present-day Earth with him smck in the middle. I'd come up with a plot that is NOT an adaptation of either the cartoon or the comics - we don't need to retread a 20-year-old script. The first movie ends with the bad guys being repelled (temporarily - maybe have Megatron blasted into space somehow), but there's a feeling this something wicked this way comes...

Chapter 2: the 'dark' chapter of the saga - Megatron ends up being snapped up by Unicron and either reformatted as Galvatron or given a Galvatron-esque body - but again, they don't need to take every single cue from G1. And again, it should be different than either the cartoon OR the comic. And some kind of groundwork should be laid for the third film by hinting at some of the more practical binary-bonding concepts like Target Masters and Power Masters - maybe take a cue from Dreamwave and bring in the EDC as a government organization secretly making plans to learn how to control the Transformers. The Dinobots show up to save our heroes' butts, and before the movie ends, Optimus Prime bites the big one.

Chapter 3: we learn Earth's true purpose, how it fits into all of this - and it leads to Spike's first encounter with - and subsequent bonding to - Fortress Maximus (think Dave Bowman in '2001'). After being hinted at in the last two flicks, Unicron shows up to consume Cybertron, and all hell breaks loose: Autobots, Decepticons and humans are forced into an alliance, Hot Rod fights Scourge/Nemesis Prime/whoever - a big black Decepticon who's NOT Optimus' evil twin, and Alpha Trion resurfaces in time to fuse his spark to Vector Sigma to reactivate it, his protoform reformatted as a new body for Optimus, who along with Rodimus Prime rallies the Transformers in a final attack, leading to the Big U's demise via the sacrifice of the most unlikely hero of all... "

Sounds good...............i always loved the way prime "died" in the season finale of Beast wars Season 1. i know the movies not beast wars but the way megatron kills prime in that was great and would be really cool if they made the same thing only G1. what do you think?

Bump. How do you feel about my idea now that we know a little more about the film?

Like I said on the first page...seems like one movie to me. I don't think there's that much reason to space it all out into three movies the way you have it.

Sounds like an awesome idea. :) Too bad all we're gonna get is a bunch of giant robots fighting inbetween the many human interaction scenes.

As far as Your idea for the trilogy . . . I believe that You'd like to see pretty much the mythology unravel the way it is familiar to us from the comics/cartoons. Which is a valid wish. I don't mind at all that this film will be different in so many ways from G1 stories, and designs . . . I almost wouldn't want red flat nosed prime, and or WV Beetle etc. It will be a new realm, standing on it's own . . . as if the TF story were a long lost legend, that's only been carried down through story telling, and now suddenly made into a movie.

I don't like Peter Jackson all that much. Kong was well made IMO. LOTR was more of the one, and the same . . . props to the art department for all the art that went into making it though.

One thing I'm most excited about this film is the physics simulation animation of the robots/vehicles. Then if there are any goosebumps moments . . . I'm excited about those as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"