Dark of the Moon Making sense of Transformers Timeline

bell110

Drunk on Capitol Hill
Reaction score
Ok, I know there's a thread about Megatron's plan. I created this to be about the broader timeline brought up in all three movies.

First, the Fallen sets up a sun harvester on Earth, but the other Primes stop him, banish him, and hide the harvester, the matrix, and themselves. Only the Matrix can start the harvester. For some reason, this information is lost to the Transformers.

Autobots are losing the war and send the All Spark out into space.

Sentinel Prime creates the space bridge and makes a deal with Megatron.

Megatron goes out looking for the All Spark, gets disoriented and crashes into Earth at some unspecified time.

Sentinel Prime goes out looking for Megatron, ship gets critically damaged and crashes on the Moon at some unspecified time.

War continues on Cybertron.

Various other seekers go out looking for Megatron/All Spark.

Archibald Witwicky finds Megatron/All Spark sometime in the late 1800's. Sector 7 created sometime after.

Seekers narrow down Megatron/All Spark to Earth around early 1900's. Lose contact with cybertron and go into stasis lock.

Arc discovered in 1960's. Apparently NASA and Sector 7 don't compare notes.

Sometime after Arc's discovery, Soundwave makes contact with Dylan's father, forces him to work with him and exchanges technology with him. Now Soundwave knows where Sentinel/Space Bridge is and only the Matrix/All Spark can revive Sentinel, but doesn't know where any of that is, so he bides his time.

NASA rover makes contact with Blackout on Mars in, I forget, early 00's?

So at this point it would seem only the Decepticons realize Megatron/All Spark is on Earth. I assume the Autobots don't know and send their scout Bumblebee to track the Decepticons.

Now this is when the 07 movie starts. Blackout discovers Sam, Bumblebee protects Sam and signals the other Autobots. Megatron awakes and wants the All Spark to "turn Earth's technology against us". Now, Megatron doesn't know about Sentinel being on the moon. I'm sure he gets filled in at some point. Regardless, Megatron and the All Spark are distroyed.

RotF: Sam learns ancient Cybertronian. Megatron reborn and, I forget how, knows that Sam knows a secret. The Fallen will rise again. So he comes back. RotF is kind of foggy to me, but everybody is in a rush to get to the Matrix/Sun harvester. I guess Megatron figures he doesn't need Sentinel right now because if he gets the sun harvester working, they'll have all the energon they need. Of course he fails, and the Fallen falls for good.

DofM: Now Megatron needs Sentinel and he knows the Matrix is the only way to wake him. So the plan goes into motion to trick the Autobots into reviving Sentinel. I guess since only "35" people at NASA knew about the Arc, and most of those people are dead by now, the government decided to remain silent this whole time and hope no one would find out. I forget how, but the Russians get a hold of a piece of the Arc and blow up Chernobyl. Of course this is behind the Iron Curtain so only a few knew about that.

Alright, I'm going to have to see DotM again to get more of it straight. But have I figured out Bay's jumbled mess somehow? And body want to make additions or subtractions?

There's a reason Michael Bay's name has become synonymous with plot hole.

Good effort though.

The rover in the original commercial was the Beagle 2. Which is a British rover, not an American one, and it was launched from Baikonur.

There's a reason Michael Bay's name has become synonymous with plot hole.

Good effort though.

The rover in the original commercial was the Beagle 2. Which is a British rover, not an American one, and it was launched from Baikonur.

Did they mention that? Or did they mention if or when the British and Americans were sharing information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"