Superman Returns My ideas for an Origin movie using SR scenes/plot points

i like your ideas... i m not so sure on the Lex and clark in smallville thing but everything else is perfect

well, for me, having Lex know young clark from Smallville makes their rivalry more interesting and sad. I also like the idea where Lex actually LIKES Clark, even though he hates Superman. Kind of the opposite relation Supes has with Lois ( she likes Supes, doesn't care much for Clark ).

but you can always go a different route. For example, there could be dialogue/scene where Lex describes how he came out of poverty in Suicide Slums and rose to power. As long as it contrasts Lex's character, upbringing, and motivation with Clark/Superman's.

also, another thing I would add to my story would be Lex stealing some of the Kryptonian technology for himself. This would obviously set up Lex's plot for the sequel, perhaps using the alien technology to create "advanced alien weapons" and a worthy villian to take down Supes. Such as Metallo, or Brainiac, or even Doomsday.

Doomsday, for example, could have elements of Bizarro/Nuclear Man in him. Now, I wouldn't want Doomsday talking backwards or anything.

I would make him essentially a cloning experiment gone bad. That is, Lex, through a front such as Cadmus labs, tries to create a Superman "clone" or equal to kill Supes, combining Superman's DNA, Kryptonite, and Kryptonian technology. The experiment, however, is imperfect, and the hulking monstrosity called Doomsday results........

that's just an idea......but the point being that Lex actually makes offensive use of Kryptonian technology, something he didn't do in SR.

less Lex and clark are togehter the better.... i say just make him a business man that took over his daddys business or the poverity idea isnt bad but i dont want clark or lex to know each other cuz they never did... only in the show smallville did they grow up together

fair enough, lightning.

Indeed, a Lex who was from Metropolis, overcame poverty ( even if unscrupously ), and rose to power in the city, might actually make his hatred for Supes even greater. In that situation, Lex would feel more that Metropolis is HIS city, and now this Superman has flown into town and is "stealing" the public attention and affection......

the important things is that it would be DIFFERENT than the Donner / singer Lex. It would be portray the same character, but in a different and fresh way ( at least in terms of the movie universe ).

Same if you used Zod again. Make it different, fresh, interesting, yet true to the mythos in the comics......iow, no CIA Agent / Kryptonian Lex nonsense......

Supes must not FLY!!!.....i mean, W....T.....CAPITAL.......F!!!!

Super-bats I think you did a more than decent job trying to present your version. Commendable, and certianly a lot of the things you brought I'd love to have seen in SR.

Singer never saw really saw things the way fans did, for the most part. He wanted to tell a very personal, moving story, using the character of Superman as a core. I suspect it's also tied to his childhood as an immigrant and adopted child (which he mentioned many times). It had to do with romantic and emotional conflict, sense of isolation and responsibility, and the notion of a father finding a child, thus knowing he's not alone in the world and coming to terms with an even greater responsibility. All these elements I can respect and will indeed make a great movie. Perhaps we have the benefit of hindsight. In the beginning who wouldn't have thought this would be an amzing Superman story?

Only when the movie came out did we realise we actually missed the character so much that we long to see him grow up, being instilled the moral code and the role that his adopted parents played in moulding his mind. We wanted to see him come to terms as mankind's champion, not an alien here to just lead, but to protect and champion as one of humanity. We want to see him fall in love for the first time, and realise that he has a greater role and be aware of the world's need for him. We wanted to see him defend Earth like he would defend his own kind. In fact, Superman's first appearing on Earth itself could be an isolating experience when he is distrusted (he doesn't need to go away for 5 years), and he has to earn mankind's trust.

Maybe his ultimate test can come when Brainiac offers him a chance to rebuild Krypton - his heritage home - but he chooses to defend Earth instead, thus becoming truly the last of his kind, but one of humanity and the first of Earth's champions.

those a very good points, ervann.

I've always felt that Superman considers Earth his home. Yes, he's from Krypton, and yes, he's proud of his alien heritage. But, he was raised here on Earth by two, loving, decent people. He loves an Earth woman......the people he cares about the most are here on Earth.

So, if given a choice, I'd like to think Superman would side with and defend Earth. He's alien by birth, but human at heart.

You're idea about Braniac offering Supes a chance to rebuild Krypton was kind of what I was going for with Zod and New Krypton.

In that, Zod (instead of Lex ) would plant the seeds of NK on Earth. He would offer Supes the chance to join him as he rebuilds THEIR heritage planet on Earth.....a chance to finally see for himself what his home planet looks like.

But, like the NK in SR, it would be a dark, twisted version of Krypton......not the one Jor-El described to Supes in his histories. Superman would recognize this, and that NK would destroy Earth, his adopted home, and its people.

So, even though this is a chance to finally see his home planet, Supes would choose to defend Earth......even if that meant literally uprooting NK and throwing it away into space........

btw, after thinking about it some more, I do agree with your points that Lex should not be in Smallville or know Clark from Childhood. While that is certainly interesting in Smallville, that has the benefit of several seasons to flesh out their relationship and future rivalry.

After all, Lex should be older than Superman, so it won't make sense to have them as contemporaries.

So, I would still portray Lex with the characteristics / philosophy outlined in my story. I would just have Lex be a product of Metropolis, instead. IOW, Metropolis is Lex's home, his turf. Perhaps his background can be expanded upon in flashbacks / dialogue........

I might, however, make mention of Lex's name in the Smallville scenes ( like in For All Seasons, where the locals discuss him in the paper ).....

Also, when we first meet Lois in the Daily Planet, we could have her working on a story to expose Lex and his nefarious deeds.......but then Superman comes into her life.......

I would also make mention of "Cadmus Labs" ( I think that's how it's spelt ) and perhaps a Dr. Hamilton. They wouldn't have a major role, maybe just a brief mention with a possible connection to Lex. They would have a much bigger role in the sequel, as Lex would use them to create a villian, like Metallo or Braniac or even Doomsday, with the Kryptonian technology he stole in the first movie.....

See......I listen to the fans and consider their ideas...........lol.

ok, guys and gals, I've decided to add a bit to my story and outline my ideas for the sequel.

Superman 2:

This would begin a few years after Superman 1 ( my story ). Superman has become an established and very popular figure in Metropolis ( and in the World ). Meanwhile, Clark and Lois have become the top jounalists at the Daily Planet ( sort-of rivals ), but they have also developed a solid friendship. Clark, however, is still vying for Lois' attention romantically, but she, of course, is still in love with you know who. So, everything seems rosey for Clark / Superman, but trouble is looming........

Superman 2 con't:

Lex is still bitter over Superman, and his image has suffered a bit, as he was loudly proclaiming Superman as part of an alien invasion ( which Superman proved wrong in Superman 1 ). However, Lex is still running Lexcorp, and he is experimenting with the Kryptonian technology he stole from New Krypton ( brought by General Zod ).

In fact, Lex, through Cadmus Labs ( run by a Dr. Emmett Vale ), has made extraordinary progress in creating a new metallic "exoskeleton" They just need a human host to complete the final phase of the project........

Enter John Corben......a petty thief horribly injured in a get away car chase gone wrong. Lex gets word of this and arranges for Corben's body to be brought to Cadmus Labs. Essentially, Lex offers Corben the chance for a new life, in exchange for his servitude........Corben agrees....and Metallo is born!

more later......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"