My New Thoughts On Smallville

Joker

Avenger
Reaction score
So, many of you may remember I always used to hate on this show back in the day. I decided to give it a chance, and bought the first season on DVD, much like I recently did for The Batman. Unlike with The Batman though, I was wrong about this show. It's very well done, and Rosenbaum is especially great. On another note, I will never say anything bad about it ever again no matter what they do after buying/watching the first season of the old Superboy show on DVD, that is the worst show EVER.

See, people can just sit back and enjoy this show.:up:

I think people try a little to hard to find faults with the show and writing that they nitpick at every single thing.

Glad to hear it especially since the show gets progressively better after season 1.

its amazing what happens when people watch a tv show BEFORE they make an opinion about it.

well I had seen a couple episodes of it, but they were just random ones and totally out of context...the same thing happened with Buffy. I saw a few episodes of it in no particular order and didn't like it, but then when I bought the first season (used, only got it cause I liked the movie) it became probably my favorite tv show ever and I've ended up buying the chosen collection, all the comics, and the soundtracks. So it was the same basic thing here, although Smallville isnt as good as Buffy.

Also, I can't wait for season 5 to come out on DVD to see Marsters as Brainiac. He was my favorite actor from Buffy and seems to be a good choice for the role. I also hope in the future they have more flying, cause the sequence from season 4 was incredible :o

Smallville is a much more cohesive show when watched in succession on DVD. There's a lot of details you forget on a week to week basis when it's airing for the 1st time. Glad you've grown to appreciate it Joker :up:

Well once you buy the DVD's of any show and sit and watch them together you like them. Usually with TV I myself tend to skim through stuff

The Incredible Hulk said:
Smallville is a much more cohesive show when watched in succession on DVD. There's a lot of details you forget on a week to week basis when it's airing for the 1st time. Glad you've grown to appreciate it Joker :up:
Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"