Sequels My sequel "take" for Superman Returns

kaisersoze

Civilian
Reaction score
Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

I'd propose a storyline bringing Brainiac in. I'd open the movie with the skull ship landing on New Krypton and taking "samples" of crystals and kryptonite then flies back off into deep space.....

Flash forward a few months later.

Brainiac shows up wreaking havoc in Metropolis. We see scenes of the skull ship pulverizing buildings with it's weird energy weapons. Superman shows up and the first major battle takes place.

Brainiac tells Superman he doesn't want to destroy the city because he doesn't want to rebuild it after he takes over the planet!

Meanwhile, Lex Luthor is watching the events fold on live television.

Brainiac manages to escape after a brutal battle with Superman. Little does Superman know, Brainiac's attack on Metropolis was merely a ploy to extract Superman's D.N.A!

We cut to Brainiac's ship and see him in injecting Superman's D.N.A. into a massive stasis tube.

However, Brainiac goes into a rage when he discovers that Superman's D.N.A. is not capable of being "absorbed and fused" with that of his "ultimate creation."

In the background of the Skullship, we see monitors of all the major television networks throughout the world who are reporting on the appearance of Brainiac and his subsequent battle with the man of steal....

Lex Luthor makes an appeal to Brainiac saying he's got something that will bring Superman to his knees.....Superman's son-Jason.

Brainiac looks down at the vile that contained Superman's D.N.A. and begins laughing and then smashes the vile to pieces.

Brainiac and Luthor meet for the first time. Luthor says they have a common goal of ridding the world of Superman and by helping each other, they can both have what they want: The Earth and Superman out of the picture.

Brainiac asks Luthor where the boy is that contain's the bloodline of Jor-El.

A plan is put into motion that sees Luthor kidnapping Jason and badly injuring Louis Lane in the process. Luthor hands Jason over to Brainiac whom takes Jason onto the Skull ship.

There, Brainiac extracts blood from Jason and tests the sample. He confirms that "indeed, you are the bloodline of Jor El" and then straps Jason into a horrible looking machine that starts extracting more blood samples from the boy.

Jason begins hyperventilating from his asthma and we see him trying to reach into his pocket to try to get his inhaler.....

As Superman desperately searches for Jason and manages to locate the Skull Ship. Another major battle ensues between Brainiac and Superman.

Superman manages to free his son but notices Jason is not conscious.

He leaves the Skull ship and flies Jason to the ground below. Brainiac escapes once again as we see Superman now performing cpr on Jason in the middle of a lonely field.

But it's too late. He's unable to revive his son. Though Jason had kryptonian D.N.A., he also had human D.N.A. that ultimately caused his asthma and now death.

Superman knows he must tell Louis what has happened and in a heartbreaking scene tells her their son has died while she is still critically injured in the hospital from her encounter with Luthor.

Superman then tracks down Lex and just before he's about to kill him, Brainiac blindsides Superman, knocking him through multiple walls.

Superman goes into a rage and another huge battle takes place starting underground in Luthor's lair and then makes it's way to the surface where the two have a climatic battle in Metropolis.

The police manage to arrest Luthor as Superman is battling Brainiac.

After a massive battle, Superman winds up to give Brainiac the killing blow. Right before this happens, Brainiac presses a button on his robotic body. Superman asks him what he just did and Brainiac laughs at him saying "In my death, I've sealed your doom son of Jor-El!" Superman then crushes the battle ravaged Brainiac, killing him.

We fast forward and see things are being wrapped up with Luthor's trial for murder and conspiracy; Louis has healed and we see her and Clark as they lay Jason to rest at his funeral.

We then cut to deep outer space where Brainiac's ship is hiding. Inside, the massive stasis chamber unplugs from the wall of the ship and the Skull Ship's mouth opens up. We see the chamber jettisoned through the Skull Ship's mouth and track it as it enter's Earth's atmosphere.

It crash lands into a desolate area and then burrows deep into the ground.

We start to hear something banging on the insides of the chamber and it becomes louder and louder almost like a grotesque heartbeat.

Camera fades to black............

I think its pretty cool although it seems a little bit to out there.

I think we need a sequel thread, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"