Sequels SuperMan Sequel: Major Twists-Shocking Truth about Jason

If I was to write the sequel to Superman Returns it would consist of the following plot and sub-plot points.

1. I would follow a clear path of developing a father/son relationship with Jason and Superman. For the first half hour, a strong connection, a real bond. I would want the audience to emotional invested in this developing father/son relationship. Then for the Shock/Twist. Jason is not Supermans son. He was the result of Kryptonian technology, impregnating Lois. The specifics depend on which previous version of superman 2 or 1 we follow. If we look at superman 2, Clark gave up his powers before he slept with lois, so any offspring would only have been human. (although he reversed time in the donner cut and none of that took place, forgeting that for a moment).

Perhaps when he gave up his powers. The fortress, decided to act, preserving the Kryptonian legacy, perhaps it was a fail safe, to ensure that there is always somebody from Krypton alive, Perhaps the fail safe program was the Brainiac code/ or Eradicator Program. So at this point you say "what the....., jason=brainaic, no. Jason is the incubator that grows and allows the energy force of Brainiac to develop.

So at this point Jason becomes ill, Superman learns he is not really his son, and that there is nothing he can do for him. As soon as the Brainiac life form emerges jason will die. Superman risks his life and ventures to new krypton (to recover his crystals) only to discover their is nothing he can do. (Hints of future sequel villians from New Krypton)

Again that ill fated decision of Superman to become human impacts him and the world..............So begins the real action of Superman returns sequel. Superman verse Braniac or other.

2. This will clear up somethings of importance, Superman should not have any offspring. He should remain the last of his kind. This alienation (no pun intended) helps define him.

great idea!! i speacially like the twist with Jason. :hyper:

EradicatorSSF.jpg

What does the writing down his costume spell? "Eradicator"? "This Side Up"? "Open here"?

Seriously, pretty much every idea in this thread has been posted before. In your desperation to kill Jason, you've failed to look at other alternatives. For example, why not have Superman lose against Brainiac (hes a computer after all), and Jason goes into hiding. You get your sci fi action, theres strong character development, etc.

I'm all for Jason in the sequels (he wasn't just introduced to cause controversy, you know).

And while we're talking about MoS, where is lexlives? Has he been banned?

The boards are so boring without him.

There is a way to get Jason out of the picture WITHOUT taking the predictable paths of killing him off or turning him into a villain or pulling some kind of 'cheat' plot device in which Jason is 'suddenly' not Superman's kid after all:

Have Lex inadvertently create red Kryptonite after lifting Superman's blood off the kryptonite stilletto chunks the medics pulled out of him in SR; he plans to clone Superman, but the DNA sequence is corrupted, so Lex abducts Jason to draw his blood to create patches - in doing so, Jason's exposure to red kryptonite has an adverse effect on his physiognomy, causing him to age at least two or three years a day. He become bait for a trap for Superman, who flies in to the rescue, as does Richard, separately; Richard is killed in the attempt, causing the public to lose faith in Superman and Lex to pass himself off as a hero with his own Super-clone. Superman decides to find a way to beat 'Bizarro' without his powers, but he's stopped by three mysterious super-powered individuals who at first come off as being homages to Zod & Co., but who turn out to be peacekeepers from the 30th century. (S:TAS, "New Kids In Town) They warn him that if he tries to fight Bizarro, he'll be killed, thus jeopardizing the course of future history and the lives of untold millions. Realizing he's going to do this no matter what, they give Superman a power ring with which he can take Bizarro hand-to-hand, but Bizarro has grown more powerful by the day - the result of his adrenaline overloading his solar-battery biochemistry - critically injures one of the 'visitors' and yanks the ring right off Superman's finger in the climax, ready to crush him till Jason flies in and sends Bizarro - who's gone critical - into the clouds where Bizarro explodes; the shockwave hits now-30-year-old Jason, carrying antibodies created from Bizarro's supercharged remains into his system, restoring his aging process to normal rate (Byrne's MOS). Realizing that he can no more fit in in the world now than he did when was a five-year-old asthmatic - and that with one of the 'visitors' down the group's going to need an extra hand - Jason takes his father's power ring, says an emotional goodbye to his mother, and takes off for the 30th century with the others. (Superboy & The Legion Of Superheroes) ;)

Of course, this would require Routh to play FOUR roles, but if they could get him to stop impersonating Reeve and do his own thing (as in the screen test with Clark and Lois), you win half the battle right there.

Thats actually a fair bit better than the generally vague "Lets kill him!"

A good idea.

Even if it never happens.

Bug-Eyes

In regards to your ideas in the first post of this thread...I think it's brilliant! Very creative, new, fresh...original...yet drawing somewhat from the comics we all know and love.

Sorry to say but it seems that Hollywood is just not capable of coming up with anything new (imo).
While it's great to see more and more comics coming to the big screen...do we really need everything from the 60's & 70's there too? (Underdog, Get Smart, Bewitched...)
The Bionic Woman & Sarah Conner Chronicles are being made into tv series, updated verions of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rob Zombies doing Holloween...Yes these are all great/will all be cool to see...but seriously...I want to see something ORIGINAL!!!

I thank you Bug-Eyes for sharing your ideas.

::edit - Yeah super-kid was something new...but not cool, therefore he needs to go away and I like Bug-Eyes concept::

So at this point Jason becomes ill, Superman learns he is not really his son, and that there is nothing he can do for him. As soon as the Brainiac life form emerges jason will die. Superman risks his life and ventures to new krypton (to recover his crystals) only to discover their is nothing he can do. (Hints of future sequel villians from New Krypton)

how about at this point when on NK he fights a somewhat creature like doomsday that was created and spawned from NK, just because the technology made land it sure has minerals to make life.... think bout... basically somehting to to make his journey there a little more hard on him, maybe the blood of the 3 dead henchmen, crystals, minerals, and H20 made this creature... remember you need some form of H20 to create anything

what about a scenario involving Superman on the verge of being killed by the hands of some Super-villain, but at the last second Jason sacrifices his own life to save his father, and thus saving man-kind from the clutches of evil.

this might cause an uproar in the community tho, because kids then might think they should sacrifice their lives to help their parents or something.

I believe that the alienation is still left intact - Superman is not the father, Richard White is. I like your idea about SII playing such a big role in the backstory for SR2, it only makes sense, but I am not up for letting go of the kid completely, or turning him into Eradiator/Brainiac - those characters have their own strong places on their own. I was hoping for Richard White to turn into Metallo once but am now against that idea. Jason should be Jason - that boy from the end of WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE MAN OF TOMORROW - he's the future saviour of Earth (pressure!), so Kal-El can now focus on New Krypton.

Brainiac should be attracted to 'collecting' Jason in a sequel which explores the Bottled City of Kandor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"