Sequels SuperMan Sequel: Major Twists-Shocking Truth about Jason

Bug-Eyes

The Immortal
Reaction score
If I was to write the sequel to Superman Returns it would consist of the following plot and sub-plot points.

1. I would follow a clear path of developing a father/son relationship with Jason and Superman. For the first half hour, a strong connection, a real bond. I would want the audience to emotional invested in this developing father/son relationship. Then for the Shock/Twist. Jason is not Supermans son. He was the result of Kryptonian technology, impregnating Lois. The specifics depend on which previous version of superman 2 or 1 we follow. If we look at superman 2, Clark gave up his powers before he slept with lois, so any offspring would only have been human. (although he reversed time in the donner cut and none of that took place, forgeting that for a moment).

Perhaps when he gave up his powers. The fortress, decided to act, preserving the Kryptonian legacy, perhaps it was a fail safe, to ensure that there is always somebody from Krypton alive, Perhaps the fail safe program was the Brainiac code/ or Eradicator Program. So at this point you say "what the....., jason=brainaic, no. Jason is the incubator that grows and allows the energy force of Brainiac to develop.

So at this point Jason becomes ill, Superman learns he is not really his son, and that there is nothing he can do for him. As soon as the Brainiac life form emerges jason will die. Superman risks his life and ventures to new krypton (to recover his crystals) only to discover their is nothing he can do. (Hints of future sequel villians from New Krypton)

Again that ill fated decision of Superman to become human impacts him and the world..............So begins the real action of Superman returns sequel. Superman verse Braniac or other.

2. This will clear up somethings of importance, Superman should not have any offspring. He should remain the last of his kind. This alienation (no pun intended) helps define him.

I thought that.

3. Jason could become ill and begin to age rapidly, Superman takes him to New Krypton to save him, it heals him and transforms him into the Eradicator. Jason was Never Superman's son. I perfer that Superman fights another being, not an older Jason. Jason should remain a child. Helps develop an emotional content to the film.

Not a bad idea, but it's not what I would want to see. I like the idea that Jason is being chased down by The Eradicator because he is not a pure blood Kryptonian, and Superman has to make the decision to remove Jason's powers using the chamber from Superman 2 in order to save him. In this sequence you could still use Brainiac teaming with Lex as the main villian but have a side arc with the Eradicator.

*By the way, the chamber thing was not my idea and the Eradicator idea was brought on by somebody else but I expanded on it and linked the two.

Lightning54SC said:
what would he look like the eradicator that is ?

EradicatorSSF.jpg

I still think, SUPERMAN CAN NOT HAVE A SON.....A clone yes, a Son no. He should be the last of his kind.......It is something not right of him having a child it takes away his mystical side......not sure if it make sense to me it does

That's what I am hoping for in the sequel via The Chamber at the FOS. It all makes sense and I thank DogOfKrypton for bringing it to my attention.

I can't agree. Superman cant have a biological son, full stop. Its just not right. Even if jason gives up his powers. Superman should not have an offspring

I think that Superman should loose his powers and Jason sacrfices himself so Superman can regain his powers, like the Eradicator did in the comics. This would put an end to Jason in an honorable fashion.

you guys have a lot of good ideas that I would like to see. but we both know the current talent behind the sequel doesn't have the creativity or knowledge of the character history to pull any of the ideas off. i mean..bot to start bashing...but he had almost unlimited resources and the best we got was SR.

lacked creativity
lacked dedication to a vision
lacked action
lacked depth
lacked character development
lacked continuity from the foundation upon which it was built

I wanna give Singer the benefit of the doubt....but he always sounds pretty damn adamant about pursuing this Jason crusade.

Thats definitly a twist, but thats to complicated for the general audience.

What if in a later sequel, S3 perhaps, Jason is actually somehow tied to Cadmus, ala Terry in Batman Beyond.

SR2: Brainiac
SR3: Metallo or Bizarro & Cadmus

Introduce Amanda Waller and have Lex use his millions to back up Project Cadmus financially, although he doesn't know Waller's true intentions. Waller, realizing that Lois is close to Superman, had a sample of Superman's Kryptonian DNA injected into Lois during her pregnancy, thus altering Richard and her child's DNA matrix.

Superman has to fight off either Bizarro or Metallo or both while trying to discover the secret about Project Cadmus.

It could come off a bit too dark for a Superman film, but it would make a great film.

What if in a later sequel, S3 perhaps, Jason is actually somehow tied to Cadmus, ala Terry in Batman Beyond.

SR2: Brainiac
SR3: Metallo or Bizarro & Cadmus

Introduce Amanda Waller and have Lex use his millions to back up Project Cadmus financially, although he doesn't know Waller's true intentions. Waller, realizing that Lois is close to Superman, had a sample of Superman's Kryptonian DNA injected into Lois during her pregnancy, thus altering Richard and her child's DNA matrix.

Superman has to fight off either Bizarro or Metallo or both while trying to discover the secret about Project Cadmus.

It could come off a bit too dark for a Superman film, but it would make a great film.
ok replace superman with batman and you have the epologe episode of JLU right there.

Obviously, it wouldn't follow the Epilogue storyline completely, but use it as inspiration. Either way, I'd love to see Amanda Waller introduced into any DC film.

Obviously, it wouldn't follow the Epilogue storyline completely, but use it as inspiration. Either way, I'd love to see Amanda Waller introduced into any DC film.
why not have lex out the kid to the government for new krypton. that would make a kick ash movie right there.

the only way to solve this is for Jason to be killed off

simple as that

and making it short and sweet,

have the opening 20 minutes about brainiac arriving on the ship back to earth, and then gaining life by taking away Jason's kryptonian heritage, thus killing him in the process and then having Braniac killing Richard also later on,

then we can begin 1 and a half hours of action filled fighting between superman and brainiac

i wanna see fist fighting, superman having a real fight like a man!

This is nothing wrong with killing characters off,
it has to be done , and especially in this sequel

kill em off, and bring us the sci fi action that superman deserves

I also want to see more imagery of space and supermans kryptonian heritage,

This should be a proper Sci Fi action movie ala Star Trek Wrath of Kahn
or the Undiscovered Country

superman is an alien, so we demand sci fi action,

i dont want to see namby pamby action like spiderman and fantastic four,

i want to see real alien action from Brainiac and some state of the art visuals of space and krypton.

I dont mind it being dark and dont mind superman's red being dark,

just give me the goddamn sci fi action.

This sort of movie would be tailor made for James Cameron.

This is a very goofy and deceiving thread title. You should change it.

What you say are NOT Major twists to a Superman sequel. Just you own personal ideas which will likely not be implemented. Not a knock on you, but they most likely won't be implemented since you are not under contract to write a storyline for the sequel.

Aside from the fact that Superman Returns is not a direct sequel to the previous films, but just a "vague" one (Singer has said the story ignores the whole "mylar bed" scene from Superman II), what happened in Superman II was not that Superman became human. He flashed himself with red sun radiation, leaving him in the same state Kryptonians were in while on Krypton. Kal-el is Kryptonian, he cannot become human (forget what you've learned on Smallville). The red sun radiation does the opposite of what Earth's yellow sun does, namely give him super powers. It's logical to assume that the red sun treatment would even wear off after a while, although this has yet to be explored. Even if Jason was conceived while Superman was under the red sun radiation, it does not necessarily follow that Jason would also be powerless, especially if he were to get enough of Earth's yellow sunlight. After all, Superman himself was born on Krypton under a red sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"